Zero 7 anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I was at the record store the other day and they were playing Zero 7. Have any of you heard of them? The song really intrigued me, so I started downloading some tunes. So far so good. Kind of funky, kind of mellow.

Please share your thoughts and what you know about this band. I am always on the look for new music too, so any suggestions of similar type music would be welcome.

:wave:

:kiss: oh dont be confused, my browser is forcing them in there. im not at fault and its completely out of my control. :kiss:

sorry.

:kiss:

:angry: *whatever

Back to the topic at hand. Zero 7. They remixed Radiohead's "Climbing Up The Walls". It's quite good. You should check them out.

I have had Simple Things for awhile and it's quite good. Zero 7 is the perfect cocktail music so I hear it played often at hip restaurants and bars in Seattle. If you like Air you'll probably like them too.

I love zero 7! one of my favourite CDs of the past little while.. such a great mood.

If you like them you might also like such artists as Thievery Corporation, Dusted, Mandalay, Portishead, Lamb, some of Groove Armada's stuff, Hooverphonic, Morcheeba etc. Some stuff by the Fun Lovin' Criminals (remember scooby snacks?) is actually really mellow like that and very good... check out the song 'we are all very worried about you'. And well Massive attack is the ultimate in downbeat entertainment.

I'd also wholeheartedly would recommend looking into some of the cds in the 'Back To Mine' series.. they're collections of an artists favourite kinda chillin' songs. There's some really interesting stuff on them. I personally like MJ Cole's best. You can usually find them online as big long mp3s.. there tend to be more on winmx than Kazaa.

Thx sKeeK for the recommendations! I do very much like what is called "chillout music" these days. however, I like the stuff with more of a groove, more upbeat, but not quite techno you know? I like sigur ros, I think, but they are too ambient, background music to me. That's why I like Zero 7. They are chillout yet, funky too.
So... of your recommendations, which would you say are more upbeat?

Downloaded some tracks from Boards of Canada last night. Not my cup of tea.

groove armada is kinda a mix of mellow stuff and a lot of pouding tunes as well, but sounds less electronic than some. the back to mine albums are a good mix of songs with good melody and stuff, depending of course widely on which one you're listening to. You might also like The Avalanches.

I would definately recommend Lamb as they tend to have a groove... but i saw in another thread that you already like 'em

If you don't despise hip hop as many seem to, i'd recognize and album called "cold water music" by Aim.. it's rather downbeat but has a groove too.

And if you haven't heard massive attack before, you have to. they have a new album coming out soon which i happen to have on mp3 and it's quite cool.

Last edited:
And if you like Zero 7 (I do!), you should also check out Massive Attack (Mezzanine is a positively essential CD; a song from it, "Dissolved Girl," was in The Matrix) and Supreme Beings of Leisure, too.

Back
Top Bottom