Zeppelin Live At The 02 Now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like the tour rumors have been quashed... :sad: I knew Robert Plant was going to tour with Alison Krauss but I guess I hoped that both could happen some how, a few one off shows here and there..

http://uncut.co.uk/news/robert_plant/news/10830

LED ZEPPELIN WORLD TOUR RUMOURS QUASHED

Robert Plant

Robert Plant to go on the road with Alison Krauss!

Robert Plant, fresh from fronting a spectacular Led Zeppelin reunion show at London's O2 Arena on Monday (December 10), has quashed ideas of a full Led Zeppelin tour to follow the legends' comeback success.

Plant has announced that he is to tour 'Raising Sand', his acclaimed collaboration with Alison Krauss.

The UK dates start at Birmingham Arena on May 5 and go through to London's Wembley Arena on May 22.

European dates include Paris, Amsterdam and Norway, and Plant and Krauss will then head out on a US tour in June.

Even though Plant's newly announced tour puts paid to the idea of a full scale Led Zeppelin tour in the near future, it still leaves one-off appearances such as Glastonbury Festival and Madison Square Gardens free for shows with his old bandmates...

Tickets to see Plant and Krauss, who go on the road with 'Raising Sand''s musical director T Bone Burnett start from £29.50 and go on sale Friday (December 14) at 9am.

Catch Raising Sand live at the following venues:

Birmingham, NIA (May 5)
Manchester, Apollo (7)
Cardiff, International Arena (8)
London, Wembley Arena (22)
Dusseldorf, Philipshalle (10)
Brussells, Forest National Club (11)
Paris, Le Grand Rex Theatre (13)
Amsterdam, Heineken Music Hall (14)
Stockholm, Hovet (Ice Hall) (16)
Oslo, Spektrum (18)
Bergen, Bergenshalle (19)

For more information go to: www.robertplantalisonkrauss.com

In a way I am kinda glad... Cuz there would be no way I would be able to get my hands on tickets if they did tour.. No official announcement yet from them but I imagine this sorta is and or there will be something soon...

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I don't think necessarily means that Zep won't tour in '08, just not in that time period.

Hopefully Plant has changed his stance and will go out on one last glorious trek with Zep....I hope....:pray:

yeah but.. they don't have new material out yet. I heard that Page has some stuff he is working on and I could see Page, JPJ and etc work on a new album while Plant is touring with Krauss. I can see a new album being released next year and tour end of year or 2009. They are not going to do a regular tour without a new album. I just can't see the guys doing their greatest hits nite after nite. I know the Police did this but LZ is not like that, too much integrity to go out there and do that..
Only thing, maybe is a few one off shows but jeez the demand for tix would be insane.. No one would get to see those shows except the rich and famous.. I am speaking of the rumored 3 nites at MSG. Us regular people have no chance in hell in getting tix..:mad:

:drool: thanks for the video!

they have to do one reunion tour, i mean come on! Look how many people who wanted to go to the london show. and the way they had to distribute tickets through a lottery system was crazy.

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
:drool: thanks for the video!

they have to do one reunion tour, i mean come on! Look how many people who wanted to go to the london show. and the way they had to distribute tickets through a lottery system was crazy.

yeah well if they do any kind of tour imagine that x a gazillion people all vying for a ticket while all the scalpers have their grubby lil paws on all the tix selling them for thousands of dollars. Especially if they only do a handful of shows (3 in nyc etc) it will be insane i tell ya! Makes you not want them to tour with all that chaos that all us regular folk (not rich) would have to endure.. I cringe thinking about it.:sad:

I have to say, I'd rather see a new album than have them tour. I personally thought Page/Plant's Walking Into Clarksdale was fantastic, and if it's even close to as good as that...with JPJ on board it would have to, right?

It's understandable that Plant wouldn't want to do this. Page and JPJ have nothing better to do, while Plant is still making good music himself and with others. Why look backward? Props to him for not wanting to be The Who, The Police, The Eagles, etc.

Of course you have the Stones, who do put out new material, but it's crap. I'd like to think they wouldn't record unless they had something decent.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

yeah well if they do any kind of tour imagine that x a gazillion people all vying for a ticket while all the scalpers have their grubby lil paws on all the tix selling them for thousands of dollars. Especially if they only do a handful of shows (3 in nyc etc) it will be insane i tell ya! Makes you not want them to tour with all that chaos that all us regular folk (not rich) would have to endure.. I cringe thinking about it.:sad:

thats true. if they did three msg shows that would be cruel. theres no way that any regular people would be able to get tix.
a new album would be pretty sweet

I can't see a new album being dropped by Page/Plant/Jones with Bonham on drums. I mean Jason did a smash up job on Monday...but a new LED ZEPPELIN album...seems far fetched to me. I dunno, I'm just not feeling it...:shrug:

A tour...:yes:

Album...:eyebrow:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I can't see a new album being dropped by Page/Plant/Jones with Bonham on drums. I mean Jason did a smash up job on Monday...but a new LED ZEPPELIN album...seems far fetched to me. I dunno, I'm just not feeling it...:shrug:

A tour...:yes:

Album...:eyebrow:

well then no tour.. cuz I just don't see them doing an actual tour and just play their greatest hits over and over nite after nite. That is not their style. IMO. I think Jason did great too and well we have no bonzo but look at the Who..they have done new material without 2 of their original members and it has been great. LZ has a lot of class and are not sell outs who want to go on a greatest hits tour of the world like The Police (no offense to Police Fans). Sorry but touring with no new tunes isn't a real tour in my book.. I know these bands have done it.

I wouldn't have a problem with them touring one more time doing only old material. That is what most fans want. They can give it to us once more before they get too old. It won't be the same without Bonzo but his son does him proud.

Thanks to all who posted pics and links.

Butterscotch said:
I wouldn't have a problem with them touring one more time doing only old material. That is what most fans want. They can give it to us once more before they get too old. It won't be the same without Bonzo but his son does him proud.

Thanks to all who posted pics and links.

yeah sure all of us wouldn't mind them touring without a new album but I think that is not their style to just play their greatest hits every night. Robert Plant has made comments that he is for moving forward not back..in regards to that.

There are many ways of constructing a tour that would not qualify as a regression or revisitation. From the sounds of it, Zeppelin's back catalogue of unplayed live material would be sufficient enough to keep the energy and intrigue there for the band (at least for Page). As well, they can introduce new songs or instrumental jams without having to release a formal album. Zeppelin (with or without Bonham) has always been verbose and diverse in the live setting, so it's not hard to picture how the band would operate within the context of their existing body of work. It would be far from merely a greatest hits tour (which would be quite varied on a nightly basis anyway), if they treated new gigs as an opportunity to explore songs that they have not yet sculpted live.

Last edited:
Pinball Wizard said:
There are many ways of constructing a tour that would not qualify as a regression or revisitation. From the sounds of it, Zeppelin's back catalogue of unplayed live material would be sufficient enough to keep the energy and intrigue there for the band (at least for Page). As well, they can introduce new songs or instrumental jams without having to release a formal album. Zeppelin (with or without Bonham) has always been verbose and diverse in the live setting, so it's not hard to picture how the band would operate within the context of their existing body of work. It would be far from merely a greatest hits tour (which would be quite varied on a nightly basis anyway), if they treated new gigs as an opportunity to explore songs that they have not yet sculpted live.

nice take on it all... I just don't think doing that way would be enough to convince Robert Plant to do the tour. This is the problem, ie the crossroads that they are at right now. Page and JPJ have been for a tour but Plant has not. They had to do a lot of convincing to get him to do the show at the O2, cuz he didn't want to do it initially. There are always ways of doing it I am sure. But I just don't see it happening in that way.

U2girl said:
Local newspaper says, among other celebrities, The Edge attended.

Both Bono and Edge were there among the rest of the show business industry... It was more like who wasn't there. I have seen pics of Edge at the show somewhere. Haven't seen pics of Bono there. Someone who was at the afterparty saw Bono and got his autograph...

U2Fanatic4ever said:

nice take on it all... I just don't think doing that way would be enough to convince Robert Plant to do the tour. This is the problem, ie the crossroads that they are at right now. Page and JPJ have been for a tour but Plant has not. They had to do a lot of convincing to get him to do the show at the O2, cuz he didn't want to do it initially. There are always ways of doing it I am sure. But I just don't see it happening in that way.

Yes Percy is the key to a Led Zep tour, and he's more interested in moving forward with the Allison Krauss tour, and that is highly commendable....however I don't think we've seen the last of Led Zep...:no: I really believe there will be some sort of tour next year, big or small. I've heard to many different things from concert industry people that suggest something is in the works or was prior to the concert on Monday...:hmm:

From the sounds of it, Zeppelin's back catalogue of unplayed live material would be sufficient enough to keep the energy and intrigue there for the band (at least for Page)

I agree!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Both Bono and Edge were there among the rest of the show business industry... It was more like who wasn't there. I have seen pics of Edge at the show somewhere. Haven't seen pics of Bono there. Someone who was at the afterparty saw Bono and got his autograph...

I kinda seen everyone apart from bono and edge at the gig :huh:

Edge must of come in through the back door or should i say ' In through the out door'

vaz02 said:

I kinda seen everyone apart from bono and edge at the gig :huh:

Edge must of come in through the back door or should i say ' In through the out door'

There was a video clip someone on the forum posted this week which showed some celebrities arriving (thru whatever entrance they did). Edge was on that video.

If they can't get Plant, consider Chris Robinson. Again :shifty:

:sigh:

Lila64 said:

There was a video clip someone on the forum posted this week which showed some celebrities arriving (thru whatever entrance they did). Edge was on that video.

If they can't get Plant, consider Chris Robinson. Again :shifty:

:sigh:

:no:

I respect the Black Crowes...but the Robinson brothers make me :sick: Talk about overrated...:shrug: That said the Black Crowes debut album is :drool:...but after that...:scratch:

I'd rather have Beav sing...:uhoh:

Did you ever hear the Black Crowes with Jimmy Page at the Greek Theater? That was an incredible show :drool: As I've said before, my friend, who had seen many a Led Zeppelin show, said it was the best LZ show he ever saw :ohmy: Chris' voice fits right in....

:reject:

Back
Top Bottom