Zeppelin Live At The 02 Now... - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

Not that I have seen. Just the video torrent with the eight songs..
...I guess I'll have to put it on my Christmas Wishlist to Santa...

Old 12-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog

...I guess I'll have to put it on my Christmas Wishlist to Santa...

me too!

well, when the DVD comes out we can rip the audio.. hehehe.. Let's see what comes first, a better audio boot or the DVD...

Old 12-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

I wonder how long it will take the DVD to come out....

Is it a Spring/Summer release or a Winter '08 release...

We'll see...
Old 12-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Slipstream
LOL...Conan does Zep.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #290
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter

When Robert Plant appeared on Conan in mid 2005, I remember asking on the Zep message board if they would show a clip of this when he sat on the couch for a brief interview. They dismissed me as crazy and insisted it didn't exist.

u2fp
They're all nuts over there.
If Page is producing the sound for the DVD, as I'm sure he is, I can't imagine we'd see it before better-sounding boots have emerged. I'm amazed that slowburn's is the only one to have been released so far. Surely there must have been dozens of tapers there.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:49 PM   #291
Acrobat

Here are some nice multi-cam versions of stairway and kashmir:

http://www.youtube.com/kire70

Can anyone with a better ear than I have tell me what's happening with jason and jimmy on stairway? On old zep versions of the song, Bonham never counted in, and the entrance of the drums was always more powerful because of it. Here, Jason counts in, and Page walks over to the drum riser to face him. It sounds to me like the rhythm falters a bit - like Jason is trying to make sure everyone is playing at exactly the same pace, because Page is, as usual, following a fluid tempo. Or am I wrong?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by bgmckinney

They're all nuts over there.
If Page is producing the sound for the DVD, as I'm sure he is, I can't imagine we'd see it before better-sounding boots have emerged. I'm amazed that slowburn's is the only one to have been released so far. Surely there must have been dozens of tapers there.
The probelm with LZ fans is that there are some serious inner trading circles. There's usually a 1 or 2 unheard vintage live tapes that pop up every year.

Another unique problem with the O2 show is that serious tapers would have trouble getting tickets. That or tapers would have to lend gear to those that did "win" the lottery.

Those 2 points said, I would also think there must be many tapers amongst the several thousand VIPs.

u2fp
Old 12-18-2007, 01:59 AM   #293
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter

The probelm with LZ fans is that there are some serious inner trading circles. There's usually a 1 or 2 unheard vintage live tapes that pop up every year.

Another unique problem with the O2 show is that serious tapers would have trouble getting tickets. That or tapers would have to lend gear to those that did "win" the lottery.

Those 2 points said, I would also think there must be many tapers amongst the several thousand VIPs.

u2fp
That goes back to the days when most zep tapers grew up - when taping required expensive technology and a serious effort to reproduce and distribute.
I know what you mean about tapers not getting tickets... but when I think how quality boots emerge after nearly every U2 show, for a band that tours regularly and does not have dramatic differences from one show to another, I can't help but think that for O2 there must have been three or four serious bootleggers there. This was basically the concert of the century. People must have found a way.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

I'm excited to see the show. Hopefully the dvd will be pretty soon! I love Zeppelin. Their How the West was Won album was the first thing of theirs that I bought and it dropped my jaw.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:49 AM   #295
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist
How the West was Won album was the first thing of theirs that I bought and it dropped my jaw.
I envy you. I was eased into Zeppelin... took me years to fully appreciate them. But if that album had been the first thing I heard, it wouldn't have taken so long.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:37 AM   #296
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I envy you. I was eased into Zeppelin... took me years to fully appreciate them. But if that album had been the first thing I heard, it wouldn't have taken so long.
What can I say? That album happened to come out right when I was really into a riff-writing mood and a friend of mine told me to pick up that album if I wanted to hear some sweet riffs. I'm very thankful I bought it.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That goes back to the days when most zep tapers grew up - when taping required expensive technology and a serious effort to reproduce and distribute.
I know what you mean about tapers not getting tickets... but when I think how quality boots emerge after nearly every U2 show, for a band that tours regularly and does not have dramatic differences from one show to another, I can't help but think that for O2 there must have been three or four serious bootleggers there. This was basically the concert of the century. People must have found a way.

yeah I have to agree with you there.. there must be other tapers that were there that nite.. Just little more patience on our part.. I guess. I am a member of the LZ board I will have to go check out the forums and see if they hinted to other better audio boots..
Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #298
Refugee

Local Time: 02:33 AM
I've given up on finding some decent audio , so I'm just going to wait until something good comes up or the DVD comes out.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Being a hardcore fan of certain artists means you are aware of certian things that frustratingly never surface. here's a couple off the top of my head:

Bruce Boston Garden 1978 - his biggest fanbase outside NJ/NYC with some interesting setlists. VERY unusual no tape exits of this, as nearly every other MASS appearance from 73 onwards likely exist.

Dylan 76 - There's no known tape(save Dylan's private 1974-present soundboard audio
collection)of a Blood On The Tracks song that was only performed once.

U2 - So Cruel - only full performance done with no taper amongst the 70,000(?) at the Pontiac Silverdome

Zep - 1970 outdoor show infront of 100,000 festival crowd near London. Though 3 proshot films(one complete) exist from 3 different sources in private collections(Page only has 15-20 minutes) and Page has the full multitrack recording the only thing that circulates in the HORRIBLE audience tape.

Several U2 Vertigo shows(torontos?)

CCR bootlegs of any kind are very scarce.

Several songs Hendrix only publically performed once have never surfaced, including full length live version of Third Stone and his instrumental tribute to MLK the night he was killed. Also missing is the Ready Steady Go tv appearance from Dec. 1966 that made him a household name in the UK, even though every RSG episode from 64 and 65 exist.

A new unrecorded TOOL song was rumoured to played once live at a recent show. Since no tape has surfaced, and many TOOL fans are dumb as dirt, debate continues.

Beatles played "We Can Work it Out", "In My Life" and "Rain" live in 65/66 but there are no known tapes. I think there was also a 1966 NME Pollwinners 2-3 song set that was swiped from an archive and never seen again.

Syd Barrett's 3 post-Floyd live performances.

There is no known footage from the first 2 NFL superbowls from the mid 60's. The NFL has a $1mil bounty for any clip of either game.

u2fp
Old 12-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

http://datelinehollywood.com/archive...annah-montana/