Zeppelin Live At The 02 Now... - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-14-2007, 07:20 AM   #256
Refugee
 
Pinball Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Electric Lady Land
Posts: 1,972
Local Time: 12:27 PM
There are many ways of constructing a tour that would not qualify as a regression or revisitation. From the sounds of it, Zeppelin's back catalogue of unplayed live material would be sufficient enough to keep the energy and intrigue there for the band (at least for Page). As well, they can introduce new songs or instrumental jams without having to release a formal album. Zeppelin (with or without Bonham) has always been verbose and diverse in the live setting, so it's not hard to picture how the band would operate within the context of their existing body of work. It would be far from merely a greatest hits tour (which would be quite varied on a nightly basis anyway), if they treated new gigs as an opportunity to explore songs that they have not yet sculpted live.
__________________

__________________
Pinball Wizard is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #257
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 07:27 PM
Local newspaper says, among other celebrities, The Edge attended.
__________________

__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 07:35 AM   #258
Refugee
 
Pinball Wizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Electric Lady Land
Posts: 1,972
Local Time: 12:27 PM
Is The Edge not a public safety hazard at the moment? Ah, he must be wearing special gloves to shield bystanders from the molten metal emanating from his hands.
__________________
Pinball Wizard is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 08:48 AM   #259
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Pinball Wizard
There are many ways of constructing a tour that would not qualify as a regression or revisitation. From the sounds of it, Zeppelin's back catalogue of unplayed live material would be sufficient enough to keep the energy and intrigue there for the band (at least for Page). As well, they can introduce new songs or instrumental jams without having to release a formal album. Zeppelin (with or without Bonham) has always been verbose and diverse in the live setting, so it's not hard to picture how the band would operate within the context of their existing body of work. It would be far from merely a greatest hits tour (which would be quite varied on a nightly basis anyway), if they treated new gigs as an opportunity to explore songs that they have not yet sculpted live.

nice take on it all... I just don't think doing that way would be enough to convince Robert Plant to do the tour. This is the problem, ie the crossroads that they are at right now. Page and JPJ have been for a tour but Plant has not. They had to do a lot of convincing to get him to do the show at the O2, cuz he didn't want to do it initially. There are always ways of doing it I am sure. But I just don't see it happening in that way.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 08:51 AM   #260
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
Local newspaper says, among other celebrities, The Edge attended.

Both Bono and Edge were there among the rest of the show business industry... It was more like who wasn't there. I have seen pics of Edge at the show somewhere. Haven't seen pics of Bono there. Someone who was at the afterparty saw Bono and got his autograph...
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,585
Local Time: 06:27 PM
Did Edge dance like he was at an outdoor show in New Orleans?
__________________
U2FanPeter is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 AM   #262
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2FanPeter
Did Edge dance like he was at an outdoor show in New Orleans?




maybe some headbanging...?
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 12:04 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever



nice take on it all... I just don't think doing that way would be enough to convince Robert Plant to do the tour. This is the problem, ie the crossroads that they are at right now. Page and JPJ have been for a tour but Plant has not. They had to do a lot of convincing to get him to do the show at the O2, cuz he didn't want to do it initially. There are always ways of doing it I am sure. But I just don't see it happening in that way.
Yes Percy is the key to a Led Zep tour, and he's more interested in moving forward with the Allison Krauss tour, and that is highly commendable....however I don't think we've seen the last of Led Zep... I really believe there will be some sort of tour next year, big or small. I've heard to many different things from concert industry people that suggest something is in the works or was prior to the concert on Monday...
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #264
War Child
 
Butterscotch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 716
Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
From the sounds of it, Zeppelin's back catalogue of unplayed live material would be sufficient enough to keep the energy and intrigue there for the band (at least for Page)
I agree!
__________________
Butterscotch is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
vaz02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: manchester
Posts: 7,447
Local Time: 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever



Both Bono and Edge were there among the rest of the show business industry... It was more like who wasn't there. I have seen pics of Edge at the show somewhere. Haven't seen pics of Bono there. Someone who was at the afterparty saw Bono and got his autograph...
I kinda seen everyone apart from bono and edge at the gig

Edge must of come in through the back door or should i say ' In through the out door'
__________________
vaz02 is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #266
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posts: 483
Local Time: 02:27 PM
Where is this Wendy bootleg? Did they hire Page to remaster it or something?
__________________
bgmckinney is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #267
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Posts: 483
Local Time: 02:27 PM
A "marijuana cigarette?" I've heard of those....

http://www.cinemablend.com/music/McC...-Gig-7750.html
__________________
bgmckinney is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 PM   #268
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by vaz02


I kinda seen everyone apart from bono and edge at the gig

Edge must of come in through the back door or should i say ' In through the out door'
There was a video clip someone on the forum posted this week which showed some celebrities arriving (thru whatever entrance they did). Edge was on that video.

If they can't get Plant, consider Chris Robinson. Again

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:56 PM   #269
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64


There was a video clip someone on the forum posted this week which showed some celebrities arriving (thru whatever entrance they did). Edge was on that video.

If they can't get Plant, consider Chris Robinson. Again



I respect the Black Crowes...but the Robinson brothers make me Talk about overrated... That said the Black Crowes debut album is ...but after that...

I'd rather have Beav sing...
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 12-14-2007, 06:37 PM   #270
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 11:27 AM
Did you ever hear the Black Crowes with Jimmy Page at the Greek Theater? That was an incredible show As I've said before, my friend, who had seen many a Led Zeppelin show, said it was the best LZ show he ever saw Chris' voice fits right in....

__________________

__________________
Lila64 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com