Zep, Floyd: Teens Save Classic Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tuwie said:
does anyone else hear the laughing on "Brain Damage" (track 08) on Dark Side of the Moon? at around 1:54 into the song? it's wiieerrddd! =)

Yeah. ;) There's a lot of strange laughing - usually courtesy of Mr. Waters - in many Pink Floyd songs. My favourite instance of maniacal laughing is in Sheep.

"Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a screeeeeaaaaaaaam...AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!"
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I just love that laughing. I've often thought of compiling a comprehensive list of PF songs that include crazy laughing of some sort. That might be pushing it, though.

1stepcloser said:

:lmao:

and i didn't think radiohead could get anymore overrated than they already are, then you come out with a comment like that. Get a grip.

Haha! Okay, since you said so....!

:|

gareth brown said:

Haha! Okay, since you said so....!

:|

:lol:

When I see "overrated" and "Radiohead" in the same sentence, I just smile at the perpetrator's loss. More Radiohead for the rest of us.

GibsonGirl said:

:lol:

When I see "overrated" and "Radiohead" in the same sentence, I just smile at the perpetrator's loss. More Radiohead for the rest of us.

thats what the world needs more pink floyd and radiohead:wink: :wink: :drool: :drool:

I enjoy Radiohead, but there is just some of their material that hasn't grown on me yet (mostly their post-2000 stuff)

GibsonGirl said:

Yeah. ;) There's a lot of strange laughing - usually courtesy of Mr. Waters - in many Pink Floyd songs. My favourite instance of maniacal laughing is in Sheep.

"Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a screeeeeaaaaaaaam...AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!"
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I just love that laughing. I've often thought of compiling a comprehensive list of PF songs that include crazy laughing of some sort. That might be pushing it, though.
LOL =)

GibsonGirl said:

Do it, do eeeet!! Ahahahahahah! :hyper:

I actually read this yesterday about the conversation bits on Dark Side: http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/pinkfloyd/articles/story/5937470/dark_side_at_30_roger_waters

And, then I found this: http://www13.thdo.bbc.co.uk/radio2/r2music/documentaries/pinkfloyd.shtml

I just love reading about music and listening to informative historical documentaries :nerd:

"That's crap. There's no question that Dave needs a vehicle to bring out the best of his guitar playing. And he is a great guitar player. But the idea, which he's tried to propagate over the years, that he's somehow more musical than I am, is absolute fucking nonsense. It's an absurd notion, but people seem quite happy to believe it."

:up: :up: :up:

I hate it when people automatically assume that the only thing Roger Waters contributed to Pink Floyd was lyrics and ideas, thanks to a few comments from Gilmour. He may not have been as technically brilliant on the bass and other instruments as Gilmour was on the guitar, but he certainly wasn't as hopeless as some people would have you believe. These days in particular, Waters has an especially broad musical range. I still have to check out the opera he recently released on Sony Classical.

One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces

:macdevil::macdevil::macdevil:

Nick Mason > you
Richard Wright > you
David Gilmour >> you
Roger Waters >>>>>>>>>> you

it's that simple

I like the way you think, LMP. But I think Nick deserves a few more > signs!

ok, so I'm bumping this because I've just seen The Wall for the first time, and it's completely insane.

I still don't understand parts of it, but oh well, it was still amazing.

:rockon:

love_u2_adam said:
you just watched it....isn't it great.....the part where he like smashes every thing was great!!!!!:rockon:

yessssss :bonodrum: the best parts are when he smashes everything

the entire Another Brick on the Wall Pt. 2 bit

The crazy sex flowers and other insane Gerald Scarfe animations.

LemonMacPhisto said:
ok, so I'm bumping this because I've just seen The Wall for the first time, and it's completely insane.

I still don't understand parts of it, but oh well, it was still amazing.

:rockon:

What parts didn't you understand? I am here to explain. :flirt:

GibsonGirl said:

What parts didn't you understand? I am here to explain. :flirt:

ooo, thank you :sexywink:

I didn't understand the Spanish housekeeper with the baby at the beginning, how Pink's mother was "overbearing" (she left him alone in a park while she shopped and usually wasn't around), why Child Pink was walking around the trenches of Anzio while Adult Pink was in a couch watching TV in the desert.

Also, the entire Pink-as-a-communist leader bit went over my head completely.

LemonMacPhisto said:

ooo, thank you :sexywink:

I didn't understand the Spanish housekeeper with the baby at the beginning, how Pink's mother was "overbearing" (she left him alone in a park while she shopped and usually wasn't around), why Child Pink was walking around the trenches of Anzio while Adult Pink was in a couch watching TV in the desert.

Also, the entire Pink-as-a-communist leader bit went over my head completely.

My pleasure. :wink:

Spanish housekeeper? :hmm: Are you referring to this scene?

pinkwall.jpg

If so, that's Pink's mother, with Pink sitting in the pram. As for her being not-overbearing in the movie, yeah, that's true. That park scene never happened, at least not to Roger Waters. He claims that his mother would have never let him go to the park alone. It's just a scene that was added to sort of jerk on the heartstrings. :wink:

Young Pink in Anzio and Adult Pink in the desert...now, I don't really know the real answer to that. I think it's sort of symbolic. Here's my take on it: As a child, Young Pink AKA Rog felt haunted by the loss of his father. So to be walking amongst the dead bodies would be a good way to represent that. Adult Pink in the desert...well, the key is isolation, right? What better way to be isolated than to be sitting off in your own little world with your television set.

Ah, now Pink as a communist, that's far easier to explain. It's not so much communist as fascist. This is one of the few things about Adult Pink that's specifically about Roger Waters and not Syd Barrett/other rock stars. I assume you're familiar with the story about how The Wall came into being? If not, here it is. Roger Waters spat on a rowdy fan in Montreal during the tour for the Animals album, called the In The Flesh tour (hence the fascist Wall song being called "In The Flesh"). I've got the bootleg of the show, it's quite astounding really, I could upload it for you. It happened during Pigs (Three Different Ones.) :drool: Anyway, Roger felt terrible about it afterwards. He felt, and I think these are his correct words, like he was becoming a "fascist swine." Those stadium tours really got to him. He imagined there was a figurative wall being built between him and the audience. And that's where it all started. Something else to consider, though this is just personal speculation - Pink's dressed in a sort of Hitler/Nazi uniform, right? Nazi Germany = WWII = the death of the fathers of Roger Waters and Syd Barrett. It works, though I'm not sure if that could be considered one of the reasons.

Rambling. :drool: And I apparently can't spell fascist. :drool:

Last edited:
Oh, something else about the dictator thing - Roger has said in interviews that being in the middle of a football stadium with thousands of people screaming and carrying on as they do is a very much like being in the middle of a fascist rally. Which, I suppose, is true in a way. Look at that footage of Hitler riling up the Hitler Youth and look at footage of a rockstar riling up the fans.

GibsonGirl said:

My pleasure. :wink:

Spanish housekeeper? :hmm: Are you referring to this scene?

pinkwall.jpg

If so, that's Pink's mother, with Pink sitting in the pram. As for her being not-overbearing in the movie, yeah, that's true. That park scene never happened, at least not to Roger Waters. He claims that his mother would have never let him go to the park alone. It's just a scene that was added to sort of jerk on the heartstrings. :wink:

Young Pink in Anzio and Adult Pink in the desert...now, I don't really know the real answer to that. I think it's sort of symbolic. Here's my take on it: As a child, Young Pink AKA Rog felt haunted by the loss of his father. So to be walking amongst the dead bodies would be a good way to represent that. Adult Pink in the desert...well, the key is isolation, right? What better way to be isolated than to be sitting off in your own little world with your television set.

Ah, now Pink as a communist, that's far easier to explain. It's not so much communist as fascist. This is one of the few things about Adult Pink that's specifically about Roger Waters and not Syd Barrett/other rock stars. I assume you're familiar with the story about how The Wall came into being? If not, here it is. Roger Waters spat on a rowdy fan in Montreal during the tour for the Animals album, called the In The Flesh tour (hence the fascist Wall song being called "In The Flesh"). I've got the bootleg of the show, it's quite astounding really, I could upload it for you. It happened during Pigs (Three Different Ones.) :drool: Anyway, Roger felt terrible about it afterwards. He felt, and I think these are his correct words, like he was becoming a "fascist swine." Those stadium tours really got to him. He imagined there was a figurative wall being built between him and the audience. And that's where it all started. Something else to consider, though this is just personal speculation - Pink's dressed in a sort of Hitler/Nazi uniform, right? Nazi Germany = WWII = the death of the fathers of Roger Waters and Syd Barrett. It works, though I'm not sure if that could be considered one of the reasons.

Rambling.

Thank you :drool::bow::love:

I thought it was the same lady trying to get into Pink's room at the beginning with the vacuum cleaner :lol:

I was familiar with "The Spitting Incident" from another thread, and I think that's how Pink cracks right? He finally sees that his isolation and delusions have caused him to become the very creature that killed his father and scarred him for life.

The animated anus during the trial freaked me out, lol.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I was familiar with "The Spitting Incident" from another thread, and I think that's how Pink cracks right? He finally sees that his isolation and delusions have caused him to become the very creature that killed his father and scarred him for life.

Sounds about right. It's all summed up with The Trial.

The animated anus during the trial freaked me out, lol.

For you. :wink:

judge.jpg

judge2.jpg

I must say, it was always Judge's balls that made me feel uncomfortable. :hmm:

GibsonGirl said:

Sounds about right. It's all summed up with The Trial.

For you. :wink:

judge.jpg

judge2.jpg

I must say, it was always Judge's balls that made me feel uncomfortable. :hmm:

:grumpy::wink: yes, that's what did me in, the anus judge's creepy balls. There's no good way to say that.

and the crazy flowers that were doing each other, then eating each other. Good lord, pick one.

unfortunately, when kids get stuck on classic rock at a young age they seem to never explore outside of that.
or..at most...they'll be one of those annoying fratboys who plays Burn One Down at the local open mic.

Malone said:
unfortunately, when kids get stuck on classic rock at a young age they seem to never explore outside of that.
or..at most...they'll be one of those annoying fratboys who plays Burn One Down at the local open mic.

You're right, but love_u2_adam and I break that mold :rockon::wink:

Malone said:

That's an interesting theory, because most of us posting in this thread have very diversified taste in music. :hmm: But I have seen it happening outside of this forum.

Back
Top Bottom