Zep, Floyd: Teens Save Classic Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I don't know about others... but I'm still a young whipper-snapper since I'm only 21, and I think I can safely say that my memory of anything before my tenth or twelfth birthday is a bit fuzzy and scattered at best, so most of the 80s and early 90s are out... And if you look at what kinds of bands people have had to attach themselves to since, say, 94, 95, 96... what has there been to listen to that didn't/doesn't suck? Not a hell of a lot.

Kids are going back and listening to classic rock because what other options were available? I mean, 14, 15 year olds don't exactly frequent the club scene and get into indie rock, and the late 90s were dominated by over-produced pop-music.

What else was there? Beck, the Manic Street Preachers, Fatboy Slim, the Cardigans, the Wallflowers, No Doubt, Counting Crows, Dave Matthews Band, etc... I'm not going to create a totally comprehensive list, but if you take away bands/groups that were around in the 80s (or even the 70s, I mean, all the experienced musicians from before the 90s) and what are you left with? Most of the grunge bands deteriorated, or lost crucial members, or whatever, so unless you're going to replay 3 or 4 albums over and over again for the next 20 years, you're not left with a whole lot.

Seriously. Blink 182? Hell if I'm going to sit down and listen to Blink 182 when I'm 35. Or Aqua. Or Prozzak. Ohhh, the Vengaboys - WOOO WOOO, the vengabus is coming! Won't you look cool rocking out to that crap ten years from now (or even now, for that matter).

There's a reason people such as myself go back to classic rock. We've got very little worth holding onto that we can call our own without being embarassed for society.

I see what you mean

they aren't many bands around today that will be around in 20 years, much less 10 that are even worth anything.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Yeah... I don't see bands like Fallout Boy having a whole lot of longevity. :shrug:

but there's bands like Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers, The Arcade Fire who all show promise

but it'll end up like the '80s, which post-punk band is still around?

LemonMacPhisto said:

but it'll end up like the '80s, which post-punk band is still around?

Echo & The Bunnymen. Most of their stuff from 1997 and onwards has been crap, but Siberia's not a completely bad album.

GibsonGirl said:

Echo & The Bunnymen. Most of their stuff from 1997 and onwards has been crap, but Siberia's not a completely bad album.

wow, they're my 2nd favorite post-punk band behind U2 and I thought they stopped in the mid-80s

I need to hear some of their stuff them.

Back of Love :drool:
The Killing Moon :drool:
The Cutter :drool::drool::drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

wow, they're my 2nd favorite post-punk band behind U2 and I thought they stopped in the mid-80s

I need to hear some of their stuff them.

Back of Love :drool:
The Killing Moon :drool:
The Cutter :drool::drool::drool:

LMP, is the email address in your profile the same one that you currently use now? :shifty:

EDIT: Never mind, it says I can't send an email to you through Interference anyway. So, where could one contact you? No reason in particular. :wink:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

LMP, is the email address in your profile the same one that you currently use now? :shifty:

EDIT: Never mind, it says I can't send an email to you through Interference anyway. So, where could one contact you? No reason in particular. :wink:

islagia@aol.com :wink:

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

Seriously. Blink 182? Hell if I'm going to sit down and listen to Blink 182 when I'm 35. Or Aqua. Or Prozzak. Ohhh, the Vengaboys - WOOO WOOO, the vengabus is coming! Won't you look cool rocking out to that crap ten years from now (or even now, for that matter).

:lmao: i could see my self doing that...not..i don't even like blink 182, simple plan or w/e!!!

-----------------------------------------

oh oh i know another 80s new wave/punk band that came back:hyper:

the cure:drool:with there album the cure:wink:

Back
Top Bottom