Zep, Floyd: Teens Save Classic Rock - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2006, 05:35 PM   #166
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by love_u2_adam
you just watched it....isn't it great.....the part where he like smashes every thing was great!!!!!
yessssss the best parts are when he smashes everything

the entire Another Brick on the Wall Pt. 2 bit

The crazy sex flowers and other insane Gerald Scarfe animations.

Old 03-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #167
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
the animations are soo tight...there sweet!!!!!!

the vinyl album is soooo cool the pics are awesome

Old 03-29-2006, 07:00 PM   #168
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
ok, so I'm bumping this because I've just seen The Wall for the first time, and it's completely insane.

I still don't understand parts of it, but oh well, it was still amazing.

What parts didn't you understand? I am here to explain.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #169
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl

What parts didn't you understand? I am here to explain.
ooo, thank you

I didn't understand the Spanish housekeeper with the baby at the beginning, how Pink's mother was "overbearing" (she left him alone in a park while she shopped and usually wasn't around), why Child Pink was walking around the trenches of Anzio while Adult Pink was in a couch watching TV in the desert.

Also, the entire Pink-as-a-communist leader bit went over my head completely.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

i loved the pink communist leader
Old 03-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #171
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

ooo, thank you

I didn't understand the Spanish housekeeper with the baby at the beginning, how Pink's mother was "overbearing" (she left him alone in a park while she shopped and usually wasn't around), why Child Pink was walking around the trenches of Anzio while Adult Pink was in a couch watching TV in the desert.

Also, the entire Pink-as-a-communist leader bit went over my head completely.
My pleasure.

Spanish housekeeper? Are you referring to this scene?

If so, that's Pink's mother, with Pink sitting in the pram. As for her being not-overbearing in the movie, yeah, that's true. That park scene never happened, at least not to Roger Waters. He claims that his mother would have never let him go to the park alone. It's just a scene that was added to sort of jerk on the heartstrings.

Young Pink in Anzio and Adult Pink in the desert...now, I don't really know the real answer to that. I think it's sort of symbolic. Here's my take on it: As a child, Young Pink AKA Rog felt haunted by the loss of his father. So to be walking amongst the dead bodies would be a good way to represent that. Adult Pink in the desert...well, the key is isolation, right? What better way to be isolated than to be sitting off in your own little world with your television set.

Ah, now Pink as a communist, that's far easier to explain. It's not so much communist as fascist. This is one of the few things about Adult Pink that's specifically about Roger Waters and not Syd Barrett/other rock stars. I assume you're familiar with the story about how The Wall came into being? If not, here it is. Roger Waters spat on a rowdy fan in Montreal during the tour for the Animals album, called the In The Flesh tour (hence the fascist Wall song being called "In The Flesh"). I've got the bootleg of the show, it's quite astounding really, I could upload it for you. It happened during Pigs (Three Different Ones.) Anyway, Roger felt terrible about it afterwards. He felt, and I think these are his correct words, like he was becoming a "fascist swine." Those stadium tours really got to him. He imagined there was a figurative wall being built between him and the audience. And that's where it all started. Something else to consider, though this is just personal speculation - Pink's dressed in a sort of Hitler/Nazi uniform, right? Nazi Germany = WWII = the death of the fathers of Roger Waters and Syd Barrett. It works, though I'm not sure if that could be considered one of the reasons.

Rambling. And I apparently can't spell fascist.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #172
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh, something else about the dictator thing - Roger has said in interviews that being in the middle of a football stadium with thousands of people screaming and carrying on as they do is a very much like being in the middle of a fascist rally. Which, I suppose, is true in a way. Look at that footage of Hitler riling up the Hitler Youth and look at footage of a rockstar riling up the fans.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #173
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

My pleasure.

Spanish housekeeper? Are you referring to this scene?

If so, that's Pink's mother, with Pink sitting in the pram. As for her being not-overbearing in the movie, yeah, that's true. That park scene never happened, at least not to Roger Waters. He claims that his mother would have never let him go to the park alone. It's just a scene that was added to sort of jerk on the heartstrings.

Young Pink in Anzio and Adult Pink in the desert...now, I don't really know the real answer to that. I think it's sort of symbolic. Here's my take on it: As a child, Young Pink AKA Rog felt haunted by the loss of his father. So to be walking amongst the dead bodies would be a good way to represent that. Adult Pink in the desert...well, the key is isolation, right? What better way to be isolated than to be sitting off in your own little world with your television set.

Ah, now Pink as a communist, that's far easier to explain. It's not so much communist as fascist. This is one of the few things about Adult Pink that's specifically about Roger Waters and not Syd Barrett/other rock stars. I assume you're familiar with the story about how The Wall came into being? If not, here it is. Roger Waters spat on a rowdy fan in Montreal during the tour for the Animals album, called the In The Flesh tour (hence the fascist Wall song being called "In The Flesh"). I've got the bootleg of the show, it's quite astounding really, I could upload it for you. It happened during Pigs (Three Different Ones.) Anyway, Roger felt terrible about it afterwards. He felt, and I think these are his correct words, like he was becoming a "fascist swine." Those stadium tours really got to him. He imagined there was a figurative wall being built between him and the audience. And that's where it all started. Something else to consider, though this is just personal speculation - Pink's dressed in a sort of Hitler/Nazi uniform, right? Nazi Germany = WWII = the death of the fathers of Roger Waters and Syd Barrett. It works, though I'm not sure if that could be considered one of the reasons.

Rambling.
Thank you

I thought it was the same lady trying to get into Pink's room at the beginning with the vacuum cleaner

I was familiar with "The Spitting Incident" from another thread, and I think that's how Pink cracks right? He finally sees that his isolation and delusions have caused him to become the very creature that killed his father and scarred him for life.

The animated anus during the trial freaked me out, lol.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #174
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

I was familiar with "The Spitting Incident" from another thread, and I think that's how Pink cracks right? He finally sees that his isolation and delusions have caused him to become the very creature that killed his father and scarred him for life.
Sounds about right. It's all summed up with The Trial.

Quote:
The animated anus during the trial freaked me out, lol.
For you.

I must say, it was always Judge's balls that made me feel uncomfortable.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #175
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #176
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Sounds about right. It's all summed up with The Trial.

For you.

yes, that's what did me in, the anus judge's creepy balls. There's no good way to say that.

and the crazy flowers that were doing each other, then eating each other. Good lord, pick one.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #177
The Fly

Local Time: 12:38 PM
unfortunately, when kids get stuck on classic rock at a young age they seem to never explore outside of that.
or..at most...they'll be one of those annoying fratboys who plays Burn One Down at the local open mic.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #178
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Malone
unfortunately, when kids get stuck on classic rock at a young age they seem to never explore outside of that.
or..at most...they'll be one of those annoying fratboys who plays Burn One Down at the local open mic.
You're right, but love_u2_adam and I break that mold
Old 03-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #179
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Malone
That's an interesting theory, because most of us posting in this thread have very diversified taste in music. But I have seen it happening outside of this forum.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

You're right, but love_u2_adam and I break that mold
yeah yeah man