Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I had to read this book in college and I remember not liking it as much as I'd hoped, and never even got very far into it.

Still, for some reason I'm feeling the desire to pick it up and try again in a week or two. I've seen it mentioned on here a lot & am curious to hear what other folks think about it....

I had to read it for an honors seminar (I think it was the semester we studied the 60s), and I also didn't really like it. I had high hopes for it, especially since I minored in philosophy, but I remember it being really dry, and I skimmed a lot. It made me feel better when the professor who was my group leader admitted he wasn't crazy about it, either, and he was a philosophy professor!

Thinking about books I had to read in college that I really disliked has made me put more care into the reading assignments I give my own students now. While I know I can't cater to all of them, I know that if they get too bored, they'll go looking for Spark Notes. I also try to choose books that are recent enough that they don't have Spark Notes yet :wink:

April and Snow....let's go ladies, leather and all that it implies, ride hard, ride fast, nothing less than 80 matters..

cycle.9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom