Zen and the art of competitive eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Wow. Has anyone seen this documentary? It's about a guy called Crazy Legs Conti who has a number of odd jobs and has worshipped a variety of "competitive eaters" since childhood. He decides to get into the "sport". He becomes the oyster eating champion, and later downs three sticks of butter in a row (BLAH!!!!) and it finishes off showing him eating 20 hot dogs in 12 minutes at the Coney Island eating contest.

On one hand, I can't imagine anything more disgusting than stuffing yourself to oblivion when so many do without food. It's really shameful. How they could call this a sport is beyond me. :tsk:

On the other hand, I LOVE eating and maybe I would make a great competitive eater. :hmm: But maybe it wold turn me off eating. I don't want to have to eat to the point of being sick, or be timed and have to stuff everything in my face and make a huge mess. Also, who would want to eat 14 dozen oysters? :yuck: They have such odd foods. Oysters, matzo balls, chicken wings (which are so fiddly I can't imagine how you could eat them quickly), hot dogs, why don't they have really great foods like ice cream, chocolate and buttered popcorn? :drool: Oh well....

Oh, Jess, how did I know it was you who started this thread? :laugh: :hug:

I watched something on the food network about those hot dog eating contests, and it's so hilarious to me that the winner is always some stick thin asian guy! I agree, though, those contests generally make me want to :barf:.

There was a cannoli eating one in Little Italy when I was in New York. I think I might have been able to manage that one! :drool:

Yes April, who ELSE would start this thread? :laugh:

I always thought you could kick that tiny, hot dog eating Japanese girl's butt Jess :up: :lol:

But yeah, it is a little disgusting :yuck:

Back
Top Bottom