YYY's at the Hollywood Palladium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
Sooooooo GOOD!

I went to the Monday night show and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were just great.

Karen O (taking f#@*d-up wardrobe advise from Tori Amos) came on stage to huge applause. Easily the best thing about the whole show was that she just looked like she was having so much fun! She smiled and laughed throughout the entire show, sometimes even laughing during the songs. She alternated between bopping around and dancing across the stage to holding the audience mesmerized during the slower songs and ballads. She's is quite the band leader, even stopping the show during "Maps" to say, "this is bullshit. we're not going to do it if we don't do it right" and then she had a sidebar with guitarist Nick and drummer Brian and informed us that "once you do this song acoustic, there's just no other way", and then they performed a stunning acoustic version that was easily the highlight of the show.

I have to admit: I was so taken and absorbed with Karen O that I didn't really have a lot of spare time to take in Nick or Brian, but their playing was phenomenal. The guitar work was flawless and the drumming kept me jumping in the air for the majority of the show.

All in all an excellent show and I'm so glad I bought the tickets!

Back
Top Bottom