Yule Be Cheery!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
So now that the Holiday season is upon us, we are constantly being barraged by holiday music collections. Here's a thread for everyone to share what they enjoy listening to when enjoying the holiday spirit with loved ones.

Currently, I enjoying:

Classics - Sarah Brightman
Now's That's What I Call Christmas
Paint the Sky With Stars - Enya

What about you guys?

Bah! Humbug!

I am broke this Christmas.
mad.gif

sorry.. lol.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
WOW-Sarah Brightman-I've never seen anyone mention her on here before. Her voice is beyond description. The only CD I have w/her on it is The Phantom soundtrack.

OK-it's so standard-but The Nutcracker Suite-I never get tired of it.

The Very Special Christmas CD's-I think I only have 1-3.

And I admit, I like the funny ones thay play on the radio every year-like the barking dogs Jingle Bells, and 'Grandpa Got Run Over By A Reindeer'(I think that's the name of it!)

Sarah Brightman is fabulous!

I highly recommend her: Eden, The Andrew Lloyd Webber collection, & Time To Say Goodbye. Wonderful mood music! She is amazing!

KROQ Los Angeles' Kevin & Bean release a CD every year with comedy bits and name rock bands doing Christmas songs. I've got the swing-themed one from '98 and it's a fun listen. These are sold on e-bay.

Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is great, of course.

I've also got Elvis's Christmas Album, which is the first one he made (1957). It's supposedly his best Christmas album and I bought it 'cause I'm trying to put together an Xmas music collection.

If you're into Handel's Messiah, get "Unforgettable Classics: Handel Messiah Highlights" performed by the English Chamber Orchestra (1967).

I'm into this thread -- I wanna hear recommendations for what I should add to my collection.

[This message has been edited by pub crawler (edited 11-28-2001).]

Bar humbug alrught
mad.gif
I work for a business who's business IS Christmas, and I kinda got over this whole Christmas thing in about..ooh, like frigging October!

mad.gif

Kidding mostly....Merry xmas cheers etc to everyone here
mad.gif
I'll say it now cos I doubt I will really mean it in a few weeks.

Sorry if the previous post put a dampener on things.
biggrin.gif

*repeats Christmas is fun 20 times

Seriously, my neighbur has this album, a double with all these geriatric greats on it, like Crosby, Sinatra etc. Its a lovely cd of traditional songs.

Salome's christmas collection:
* John Denver & The Muppets
* Julie Andrews
* Merry Xmas (guitar gods like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai etc.)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 11-28-2001).]

WOW-Sarah Brightman-I've never seen anyone mention her on here before. Her voice is beyond description. The only CD I have w/her on it is The Phantom soundtrack.

OK-it's so standard-but The Nutcracker Suite-I never get tired of it.

The Very Special Christmas CD's-I think I only have 1-3.

And I admit, I like the funny ones thay play on the radio every year-like the barking dogs Jingle Bells, and 'Grandpa Got Run Over By A Reindeer'(I think that's the name of it!)

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Originally posted by pub crawler:
KROQ Los Angeles' Kevin & Bean release a CD every year with comedy bits and name rock bands doing Christmas songs. I've got the swing-themed one from '98 and it's a fun listen. These are sold on e-bay.

Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" is great, of course.

I've also got Elvis's Christmas Album, which is the first one he made (1957). It's supposedly his best Christmas album and I bought it 'cause I'm trying to put together an Xmas music collection.

If you're into Handel's Messiah, get "Unforgettable Classics: Handel Messiah Highlights" performed by the English Chamber Orchestra (1967).

I'm into this thread -- I wanna hear recommendations for what I should add to my collection.

*Whispers* Pub Crawler - if you're single this is your lucky day!
biggrin.gif

I believe you're wanted over in PLEBA: Disco's It's A Musical Journey - Vegas! thread. The link wouldn't work properly.

I'm gonna get into trouble for this, hehe.
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by LuvLady (edited 11-29-2001).]

"What Child Is This"...I've never heard a version I didn't like...so far...

I love that song.

Embarrassingly, the first time I ever heard it wasn't until I was in high school. We had to sing the song in choir. I was telling my aunt how much I loved the song, so for Christmas, she gave me a musical Santa that played that song. It was something that she had had for years and years, but she let me have it.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 11-29-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom