Ytterby, Sweden Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you guys like the new site. It's good to have it on the public server now! I'd been using it on our private one for the last week, and we weren't planning to send it live for at least another week (our initial deadline was "by the new album"!), but we both liked the new design so much that we decided to make the change in time for the Grammys. Truth be told, we could've sat around making minor tweaks for the rest of the bloody year ...

God knows I nearly got run over doing sillier things...

Hey Kim, how goes it? :hug:

Did you see Zooey's thread in Plebans, btw? :(

All good here...hot, damn hot....NZ hot though, not Oz hot....but still over 40 degrees in my backyard :yikes:

No I didn't see her thread...I'll go and check it now.... :uhoh:

Holy shit. At least 26 dead...

Looks like the toll will be over 40 too. Jesus. The way the news was reporting it yesterday evening, it sounded bad, but not this bad. I thought we'd gotten off lightly for our hottest day ever. Evidently not.

Looks like the toll will be over 40 too. Jesus. The way the news was reporting it yesterday evening, it sounded bad, but not this bad. I thought we'd gotten off lightly for our hottest day ever. Evidently not.

I don't remember this many people dying due to bushfires before... not here, not for years, anyway. What the hell happened? I guess the conditions were so bad that they couldn't get people out in time and it just overwhelmed them...

Shit, 35 confirmed dead now. Apparently the death toll from the Ash Wednesday fires was 75, and that was nearly exactly 26 years ago.

Make that 35 confirmed dead in the fires now.

Oh, Ali beat me. Yeah, I'm surprised so many lives have been lost; we all knew last night's wind change was coming so I didn't think that many people would be taken by surprise. I'm guessing the fires must have been more far-reaching than anticipated, given all of Kingslake and Marysville seem to have gone up.

All good here...hot, damn hot....NZ hot though, not Oz hot....but still over 40 degrees in my backyard :yikes:

No I didn't see her thread...I'll go and check it now.... :uhoh:

At least it's cooled down in Melbourne. I'm not sure if it's much cooler out where the fires are, though.

Hence why I'm posting here and not in EYKIW. Although no one in there seems to be "proper" fan either, or so they all accuse each other.

Apparently I'm not as big a fan as some because I don't have a need to listen to U2 24/8 (that was originally a typo but I think it makes a good point about some of EYKIW so I'll leave it!), and the fact I run U2gigs isn't a point in my favour but just proof I have too much time online. Ooh yeah, people with shitloads of time online just start random websites about bands they actually don't care that much about. Uh-huh.

Yeah, can't fucking believe some of the fires may be arson or wilfull negligence. Fucking hell.

Ponting's back in now? Not that I give a rat's arse.

They're desperate not to lose the series, and apparently one man makes a team.

Three year old children being burned to death in deliberately-lit bushfires makes me furious. Apologies if I'm not being clear.

I'm out for a bit.

Three year old children being burned to death in deliberately-lit bushfires makes me furious. Apologies if I'm not being clear.

I'm out for a bit.

Wait what?

WOW I read that wrong.

Someone STARTED those bushfires? That is....oh God.

Wiped out: Town destroyed by killer fires - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Fucking hell, people.

Marysville as seen from the air:

r337269_1530029.jpg

Fucking. Hell.

Kingslake is gone:

r337312_1530305.jpg

And on a non-lifethreatening but still surely bothersome note, I wonder if Shepp Daniel is affected by this? The ABC is reporting here that:

The national electricity grid manager, NEMMCO, says servers are being overloaded.

The triangle between Swan Hill, Shepparton and Bendigo will now be switched off.

Twenty-seven thousand homes and businesses are without power. They have not given a timeframe for when the power will be switched back on.

It is unlikely the 12,000 homes without power will have electricity restored for several days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom