Yours Truly, Angry Mob (New Kaiser Chiefs album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, i'm looking forward to the new album, more so than the new Bloc Party album for some reason.

I love the album title and some of the song titles..., and i'm loving Ruby. What an energetic and enjoyable song.

Hopefully it will get some radio play, thought it is unlikely in Australia.

Yeah JJJ will probably give it a bit, and the ABC's Rage will continue to be the best source of new music in both Australian TV and radio, so they'll play all the upcoming Kaiser Chief videos, but the Kaiser Chiefs have an exciting and commercially appealing sound, so why don't they get airplay from MMM or NOVA at least?

Is it because they are British?

It fucken stinks, I tell ye.

intedomine said:

Is it because they are British?

It fucken stinks, I tell ye.

:yes:

It really does stink, Muse suffer from this also.

And The White Stripes, even though they aren't British (I"m not sure if Seven Nation Army was a "commercial radio hit")
Suffer from this.

Wolfmother have really only recently been realized by commercial radio...and about time!

So I think it comes from Being British and Not Hip Hop or R'n'B.

1stepcloser said:
Kaiser Chiefs won't get played on australian radio just becuase they're british? seems a bit unfair to me.

Correction: Kaiser Chiefs won't get played on Australian radio just because they're Pommy. :wink: I don't think it's fair either. They do the same thing back home in South Africa when it comes to British artists.

1stepcloser said:
Well they can keep their Ashes and we'll keep our great music :wink:

Could we please swap?

It'd be great on two counts. Australia would actually produce some good music in the noughties and if you blokes win the Ashes, we'd probably have another excting test series, unlike this summer's snorefest....

Keane, along with Muse and the Kaiser Chiefs, also get a raw deal.

Starlight, Ruby, Is It Any Wonder and Crystal Ball could all be massive hits if they got commercial radio play.

Anything released by Oasis post-Morning Glory gets no commercial play. From Don't Believe The Truth, I heard Let There Be Love ONCE, on the poorly rating VEGA.

Meanwhile Snow Patrol's dreary Chasing Cars only gets commercial radio play here cause it featured on a US TV show....

BTW, White Stripes' Seven Nation Army got (over)played on commercial radio, but the superior Blue Orchid and My Doorbell got completely ignored. Hardest Button to Button got a little bit, but only cause Seven Nation Army was a hit.

I really want to hear this new album... I started to like the Kaiser Chiefs when I saw them opening for U2. I bought their album a couple of weeks after the concert and the music is very cool and puts me in a good mood...

dates announced folks!! :hyper:

KAISER CHIEFS ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR IN APRIL

We're returning to North America to tour in April this year to support the release of "Yours Truly, Angry Mob", released March 27th in US through Universal Motown Records (and Ace Fu, who are releasing a plush gatefold vinyl edition). We're partnering with our old friends NME for this trip Stateside, this tour is presented in association with them.

The dates are:
April 6 Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
April 7 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
April 9 Boston, MA @ Avalon Ballroom
April 12 New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
April 17 Montreal, QUE @ Spectrum
April 18 Toronto, ONT @ Kool Haus
April 20 Chicago, IL @ Vic Theatre
April 24 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
April 25 Seattle, WA @ Showbox Theatre
April 26 Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom
April 27 San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre
We will soon confirm some US TV appearances wrapped around this tour, and we'll be ending the tour in California at a certain Festival that happens to be on that weekend at the end of April. We also hope to confirm details of supports on this tour very shortly. Keep checking back for final details.

Tickets will be on general sale from all usual US outlets from Saturday 27th January, but from Wednesday 24th January there'll be an exclusive pre-sale via from nme.com

We'll have full ticketing info up here shortly for the General Sale which is 10am on Jan 27th.

that certain festival is none other than COACHELLA FOLKS.. Which happens at the end of april...

:drool: :wink:

adrball said:
Really hoping this is a good album. About time some decent stuff came out of my home city.

:up: :yes: I'm fed up of Lancastrians having the monopoly on great British bands! :wink:

Seriously though, it's been ages since a truly decent Yorkshire band emerged and I'm really struggling to think of any band from Leeds that I've actually liked. I do like the Kaiser Chiefs but if I think back to Employment I loved half of the songs on it and hated the other half. Hopefully this album will be more consistent.

Are The Music not from Leeds? Or is that just in my imaginary world I seem to be living in of late?:wink:

LJT said:
Are The Music not from Leeds? Or is that just in my imaginary world I seem to be living in of late?:wink:

Yes, they are And they were also the band I was thinking of when I said I couldn't think of any band from Leeds that I've really liked :reject:

1stepcloser said:
The Cribs are good and they're from wakefield...

True, true and there's Pulp of-course but Pulp are 'on hold' at the minute whatever the heck that means. Still, there's always good old Jarvis :love:

North American tour dates just announced! (and on sale tomorrow!) :hyper:

from NME.com

Exclusive - Kaiser Chiefs confirm North American tour
Ricky Wilson and co to hit the road with NME
Kaiser Chiefs have confirmed a north American tour for April - and NME is going along for the ride.

The NME Presents Kaiser Chiefs tour will see the band introducing American and Canadian fans to their forthcoming second album 'Yours Truly, Angry Mob' for the first time.

They play:

Philadelphia Electric Factory (April 6)
Washington 9:30 Club (7)
Boston Avalon Ballroom (9)
New York Roseland Ballroom (12)
Montreal Spectrum (17)
Toronto Kool Haus (18)
Chicago Vic Theatre (20)
Minneapolis Trocaderos (21)
Vancouver Commodore Ballroom (24)
Seattle Showbox Theatre (25)
Portland Crystal Ballroom (26)
San Francisco Warfield Theatre (27)

The Walkmen will play the whole tour as special guests, while Annuals will open from the Philadelphia to Toronto dates, with The Little Ones playing the remaining shows.

Tickets go on sale first exclusively through NME.COM, on January 24 from 11am Eastern Standard Time. Go to NME.COM/artists/kaiser-chiefs after that time.

The general ticket sale does not start until January 27.

I almost went ahead and bought tix from NME... but then I found out that they force you to ship UPS for $10! Ticketmaster's actually gonna be cheaper on this one :( So I'll have my tix for Boston on Saturday! :hyper:

And I'm getting more and more excited about this album... "Ruby" has been in heavy iPod rotation lately :D

hippy said:
I almost went ahead and bought tix from NME... but then I found out that they force you to ship UPS for $10! Ticketmaster's actually gonna be cheaper on this one :( So I'll have my tix for Boston on Saturday! :hyper:

And I'm getting more and more excited about this album... "Ruby" has been in heavy iPod rotation lately :D

HIPPY..

I live in Maryland and ordered tickets for the DC Show and they are will call only. I guess individual venues are different. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom