Yours Truly, Angry Mob (New Kaiser Chiefs album)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheQuiet1 said:

Yes, they are And they were also the band I was thinking of when I said I couldn't think of any band from Leeds that I've really liked :reject:

tsk tsk:wink:

Alrighty, time to revive this thread.

Anyone really enjoyin' the new album?

I am. It's a ripper. Everything Is Average Nowadays is my fave track from the album. What an amazing tune. Short but sweet...

Highroyds is a ripper too. Love some of the lyrics.

"Got news from Uncle Hugh
From a second cousin once removed
It's too late, it's a housing estate
It's called Highroyds

Got a text from an Ex
She wants to know when we're in London next
'Will you write a song about me'
I don't think so"

Classy. Love's Not A Competition (But I'm Winning) is Morrissian, and I Can Do It Without You is a joy to listen to. Retirement reiterates a desire almost all of us have.

Probably, one song too long. Try Your Best is filler.

Cracking album though...

I've only listened to it once but on the first spin it sounds at the very least as good as Employment, which I really enjoyed, :up: Which comes as a relief because I'm almost resigned to underwhelming second albums these days.

I'm so annoyed that I missed their gig in Melbourne; got distracted at work early in the morning and it was all sold out at 9:30 already, :mad:

Saracene said:
I've only listened to it once but on the first spin it sounds at the very least as good as Employment, which I really enjoyed, :up: Which comes as a relief because I'm almost resigned to underwhelming second albums these days.

I'm so annoyed that I missed their gig in Melbourne; got distracted at work early in the morning and it was all sold out at 9:30 already, :mad:

I lost track of what day it was and completely forgot to try for tickets. Being at the Prince of Wales, it was bound to sell out almost immediately and apparently it did. Would've been a great gig.

I haven't listened to this album with the attention it deserves... I liked Employment a lot, and it was great to see them opening for U2... I'll listen to it this weekend! It's a promise... My exams are over tomrrow so I'll have a lot of time in my hands :wink:

just saw them in Boston on monday...amazing show...felt bad for the walkmen..the sound was beyond terrible. I was happy that there was such a drastic change in sound for the kaisers. sounded brilliant. solid crowd. amazing energy...best was when Ricky crowd surfed over to the bar to get a whiskey & coke, drink it up & crowd surf back to the stage...great stuff..

I really want to see them again because when they opened for U2 I can't say I was paying attention:wink: They did a great show anyway... Ricky was always playing with the crowd and one time he said: "Are you ready to see the best band in the world? Well.... we are the second best band in the world!" Everybody laughed at that... It must be difficult for bands to open for U2 and other big bands because they just know that most people aren't there to see them and just want them to go away... But the Kaisers did a great show and I'm sure most people had a great time...

Just wanted to say I bought this album and enjoy it. Very catchy :up: I don't have Employment but I may get that one as well. Though the Kaiser Chiefs are nothing exceptional, they're hard not to like. Just good, straight-up [somewhat poppy] rock.

Saw the chiefs at the 930 club and boy did they put on a show... Me and my friend Julie were right on the rail in front of the guitarist (always a rail 'ho thanks of course to U2 :reject: ) Ricky crowd surfed from the stage all the way to the bar in the back. Very cool... So much fun live.. It was a first time seeing them for me.. Now definitely a fan..:wink:

Woo-hoo! I got the tickets for the Kaisers show in August, :happy:

Thank god they're playing a bigger venue this time because I forgot all about the tickets sales -again- and only got on the Ticketmaster website at 3pm... bloody work.

Back
Top Bottom