your top 5 flaming lips songs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Fight Test
2. Yoshimi part I
3. The Yeah Yeah Song
4. Do You Realize??
5. A Spoonful Weighs a Ton

now tell me yours!

race for the prize
do you realize
yoshimi i
fight test
waitin' for a superman

ok, it seems like yoshimi and the soft bulletin are both very well represented here, as you would expect. but what about the rest of their albums? what are your favourite songs on each of those?

1. Fight Test
2. Ego Tripping
3. It's Summertime
4. The Abandoned Hospital Ship
5. Feeling Yourself Disintegrate

If we're trying to represent other albums too, consider my unofficial 5b choice Pilot Can At The Queer Of God.

1. Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
2. She Don't Use Jelly
3. Turn It On
4. In the Morning of the Magicians
5. Pompeii AM Gotterdammerung

ok, i've decided to extend this to your favourite 10 songs, or even favourite 20 songs. you decide. i just want feeling yourself disintegrate on my list.

this thread needs more f'lips fans. they're like the band everybody likes but no one ever talks about.

1. Bad Days (Aurally Excited Version)
2. Do You Realize??
3. What is the Light? ("An Untested Hypothesis Suggesting That the Chemical (In Our Brains) by Which We Are Able to Experience the Sensation of Being in Love is the Same Chemical That Caused the "Big Bang" That Was the Birth of the Accelerating Universe")
4. Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell
5. Slow Nerve Action

Albums in order of preference:

Clouds Taste Metallic
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Transmissions from the Satellite Heart
At War With the Mystics
The Soft Bulletin
Hit to Death in the Future Head
In a Priest Driven Ambulance
Zaireeka

I love the F'lips, and it still kills me I couldn't see them when they came to town.

1. In the Morning of the Magicians
2. Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell
3. Do you realize
4. Race for the price
5. The Gash

Has anyone actually listened to Zaireeka with the four CD-player setup?

does it also make sense to listen to the CDs separately? (may be a stupid question, but I never doubt what the lips can achieve!)

Do not listen to the CDs seperately, it's basically like listening to parts of a song.

One CD will have the guitar and vocals, another will have bass and baby screaming, you just don't know what you're going to get.

1.Race for the Prize
2.The Spark That Bled
3.Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
4.Waitin' for a Superman
5.The Spiderbite Song

Soft Bulletin Pwns :drool:

I actually only have Transmissions, Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi and War with the Mystics. What earlier stuff would you suggest next?

Hit to Death in the Future Head is pretty good, In a Priest Driven Ambulance is rough but has some gems.

1. Bad Days (Aurally Excited Version)
2. Do You Realize??
3. The Sound Of Failure
4. This Here Giraffe
5. Buggin'

Angela Harlem said:
I'm using some iTunes money on some of these. Been wanting suggestions, and here is U2Manboobs just handing it over. Awesome.

moobs-1.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hit to Death in the Future Head is pretty good, In a Priest Driven Ambulance is rough but has some gems.

thanks! will look into those.

U2Man said:
ok, i've decided to extend this to your favourite 10 songs, or even favourite 20 songs. you decide. i just want feeling yourself disintegrate on my list.

i tried to be nice here...:angry:

this has just turned into an order.

post your top 10 or i'll make zottles spit on you, putas.

gump said:
Has anyone actually listened to Zaireeka with the four CD-player setup?

yeah its great. it was quite a feat to pull it off, and all the different setups i had were varying quality- but i think that adds to it. not matter how careful you are to set them starting at the same time they end up off. i've listened to it three time this way, and all three were different.

i always thought they should release it as a 5.1 mix, but i guess that kind of goes against the general idea.

anyway, it is quite an experience and really cool to listen to that way.

my top 5 favorite:

1.Lightning Strikes the Postman
2. Spoonful Wighs a Ton
3. Race For The Prize
4. This Here Giraffe
5. The Big Ol Bug is The New baby Now (I Have 3 dogs)

Back
Top Bottom