Your Top 5 Actors/Actresses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevation2u said:
al pacino in dog day afternoon

:drool:

Incredibly, I only saw that one for the first time a few days ago. Have seen pretty much all of his other stuff though.

Looks like this is fast turning into an Al Pacino thread. Which is as it should be!

Last edited:
sorry.... i dont even watch as many movies as i would like to ....the nearest cinema where i live only plays documentaries which are pretty cool but once in a while i crave to see a movie and since i dont rent movies i am stuck on borrowing and buying used from amazon....

i just watched magnolia yesterday, great great film, for that i willa dd julianne moore to my lsit

ACTORS

1. Al Pacino; 'the' greatest living American actor.
2. Daniel Day - Lewis; the actor with the best ability to actually transform.
3. Johnny Depp; an incredible range.
4. Ben Kingsley; simply breath-taking.
5. Denzel Washington; quite simply, next to Pacino, the most convincing actor when taking on 'man-on-the-edge' roles.

ACTRESSES

1. Meryl Streep; no actress, American or otherwise, has ever mastered accents, transformed so convincingly and boasted such a repetoire of different characters as much as this fabulous lady.
2. Jodie Foster; fantastic as a youth, heart-breakingly talented as an adult.
3. Emma Thompson; no one can play witty and quirky as she can. Great Shakesperean actress, too.
4. Vanessa Redgrave; her eyes are practically emotional wells, and her ablity to portray tormented and internally conlficted characters, usually with strong convictions, is astounding.
5. Natalie Portman; still too early to say, but I think she will be even bigger than she is now as her career develops further. She will be a fascinating actress to watch.

Ant.

Fine actors not mentioned:

Steve Coogan
F. Murray Abraham
Peter O'Toole
Robert Redford
James Woods
Alec Guinness
Ian Holm
Matthew Broderick
Steve McQueen
Edward Woodward
Gene Hackman
George C. Scott
Geoffrey Rush
Ed Harris

elevation2u said:

ummm.... the one from amelie

Audrey Tautou... and she can kick ass of any of the Hollywood actresses mentioned here, anyday

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom