Your Top 5 Actors/Actresses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom Hanks
Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Daniel Day Lewis
Paul Newman

Uma Thurman
Cate Blanchett
Sigourney Weaver
Holly Hunter
Laura Linney

DeadMansParty said:
VI have to throw in another one, if you ever saw Danny Devito in his non comedy role in a drama called " Jack the bear". He reminds he of my Dad, mr Baw in that movie bringing us up as kids and getting flack from my Moms side of the family.

Thank you, thank you, thank you....it wasn't easy being spit on and missed, shit on and hit....

I'm glad you're now old enough to understand what I went through to regain my sense of stability and self-respect. I love you, Dad. :heart:

and now back to topic!

Johnny Depp
Edward Norton
Patrick Stewart
Russell Crowe
Al Pacino

Cate Blanchett
Kate Winslet
Samantha Morton
Sigourney Weaver
Glenn Close

I could name more; and with many actors who I generally dislike I could still name the performances of theirs I really liked. I can't stand Richard Gere for example, but found his turn in Chicago hugely enjoyable.

Robert Duvall (for his performances in "The Godfather," "Apocalypse Now" and "The Great Santini")

Robert DeNiro

Kevin Spacey (loved him in "Swimming With Sharks" and "American Beauty." Though I must admit, he kind of lost me with that self-indulgent feature length music video called "Beyond the Sea").

Marlon Brando

Paul Newman (for "Cool Hand Luke" and for his amazing performance as the has-been alcoholic lawyer who fights to redeem himself in "The Verdict." Great f'ing movie)

Winona Ryder (for "Edward Scissorhands" and, what the hell, "Reality Bites" was kinda fun)

Gloria Swanson (solely for her performance in "Sunset Boulevard"... very freaky)

Joan Cusack (hasn't done all that much, but...)

Jody Foster (for "The Silence of the Lambs")

Frances McDormand (for "Fargo" [what else?])

Last edited:
Julia Roberts
Minnie Driver
Nicole Kidman
Emma Thompson
Kate Winslet

Russell Crowe
Tom Hanks
Colin Firth
Alan Rickman
Hugh Grant

Okay, here we go...

Ashley Judd
Charlize Theron
Andie MacDowell
Annette Benning
Rhona Mitra
rhonaphoto3.jpg

John Travolta
Tom Hanks
Hugh Grant
Kevin Spacey
Sean Connery

walter brennan
bob denver
peter falk
larry storch
peter graves

sussane pleshette
valerie bertinelli
mary tyler moore
harriet nelson
cyndi williams

Kevin Spacey
Nic Cage
Johnny Depp
Brad Pitt
Sidney Poitier/Morgan Freeman - tied

Terribly original I know. Glad Kevin Spacey is widely appreciated lol. I hate to include Pitt and Depp, but they are good. Looks aside, they can act.

I cannot though, understand why so many people have listed Nicole Kidman as a great actress. She cannot act. Truly. Infact she's fucking appalling. She's a nice probably, and attractive, but no actress.
:slant:

Katharine Hepburn
Magda Szubanski (wee Mary McGregor, 'Sharon')
Jodie Foster
Rachel Griffiths
Dawn French

The women are harder to pick.

Shono said:

Hmmmm. I guess you can't expect anything less from someone who counts James Spader as a top five actor.

Oh Yeah:scratch: James who? Right....."White Palace" with Susan Sarandon.

He's sooooooooooooooo good. :lol:

What a joke!

Tom Hanks has given so many top calibre performances, in more than a few essential films of the past century. Philadelphia? Forrest Gump? Saving Private Ryan? Castaway? The Green Mile? The Terminal? Not like he's won any awards for his effort either.

Please.

Tom Hanks may be one of the most overrated actors I've ever seen. His stuff is total Americana sentimental pap. Forrest Gump is one of the most reprehensible films I've ever seen in my life, and The Green Mile was so overstuffed with its own delusions of importance it was disgusting (Stephen King books don't deserve a 3 hour epic treatment).

Compared to someone with a rare gift like Daniel Day-Lewis, Hanks is a marginal talent. I thought he was great in Castaway but I liked him a lot more in stuff like The Burbs when he wasn't some kind of damned National Institution.

Also, James Spader certainly hasn't been in a lot of high profile films, but his performance in Sex, Lies and Videotape has more talent and honesty in it than ANYTHING Hanks has ever committed to film. And Spader won a well deserved Best Actor at the Cannes Film Festival that year for the role.

laz

I like Bruce Willis & Jackie Chan.

I cant make a list of five. I dont watch English movies that often. I used to watch a lot when I was in college.

If some one is willing to make 5 actors/actress you dont like thread, I would come up with many names...

Last edited:
Thank you, Doozer61, for bring up Rhona Mitra. Chick is HOT HOT HOT!!!!! :drool:

As for Tom Hanks, he lost me when he became extremely self important after Saving Private Ryan and From the Earth to the Moon. He acted as if he had re-discovered the war and NASA for everyone. I dunno. His whole demeanor changed after that for me.

I won't even get into CastAway - but that was more the film's and screenwriter's fault, not Tom's.

Daniel Day-Lewis (he did beautiful landrette and room with a view in same year- amazing!)
Ewan McGregor
Anthony Hopkins
Johnny Depp
Morgan Freeman

Emma Thompson
Kate Winslet
Jodi Foster
Toni Collette
Laura Linney

1. Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson
2. Tom Hanks
3. Sean Penn
4. Samuel L. Jackson
5. Anthony Hopkins

Honorable mentions: Denzel Washington, Harvey Keitel

1. Cate Blanchett
2. Juliane Moore
3. Jodi Foster
4. Sigourney Weaver
5. Nicole Kidman

Honorable mention: Patricia Arquette

Last edited:
Actors:
1. Bill Murray (just so damn likable)
2. Steve Buscemi (same goes for him)
3. Jason Schwartzman
4. ed norton/robert de niro
5. james spader

..and i love that bill and jason were together in one of my fav movies: rushmore

gotta go think about who my fav actresses are hmm...

Leslie Neilsen
Jerry Seinfeld
Tom Cruise
Brooke Burke (come on, she SHOULD be an actress! :sexywink:)
Michael Richards

Actors:
Sean Penn
Joaquin Phoenix
Kevin Bacon
Morgan Freeman
Ewan McGregor

Actresses:
Gwyneth Paltrow
Cate Blanchett
Naomi Watts
Charlize Theron
Chloe Sevigny

Actors
Humphrey Bogart
Harrison Ford
Orson Welles
William Shatner
Alexis Denisof

I may get down to actresses in a bit.

First up
my favourite actors are:
Dan Castellenata
Julie Kavner
Nancy Cartwright
Yeardly Smith
Hank Azaria
Harry Shearer

you all know em:wink:

Now the top 5 movie actors

Men
Tom Hanks - especially for 'The Green Mile'
Tim Robbins
Morgan Freeman
Jim Carey
Al Pacino
honorable mention: Robert De Niro and Russel Crowe

Women
Angelina Jolie
Jennifer Aniston

Julia Roberts
Charlize Theron
Diane Keaton
Cate Blanchett
Hilary Swank

the first two women were not judged on acting ability:wink:

Actors (ability)

daniel day lewis
russell crowe
phillip seymore hoffman
javier bardem
jude law

Actresses (ability)
meryl streep
julianne moore
kate winslet
cate blanchet
joan allen

Actors (looks)
jude law
gael garcia bernal
russell crowe
clive owen
djimon hounsou

Actresses (looks)
gwyneth paltrow
charlize theron
emauelle beret
halle berry
salma hayek

Headache in a Suitcase said:
pacino
pacino
pacino
pacino
deniro

Now this is a list I like. I'm Leftie from Mulberry Street. I'm known all over the five boroughs.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

ironicly there was just another donnie brasco like mass-arrest made just the other day... double ironicly, i happened to know one of the guys who was arrested :ohmy:

Dude you should be in the Sopranos.
:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom