Your Top 3 albums of the year so far

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Phoenix, It's Never Been Like That
2. Morrissey, Ringleader of the Tormentors
3. Prince, 3121

haven't had the Dylan long enough to put it up there, but as much as I like it it ain't Love and Theft. And I'm glad this wasn't a top 5, or I may have felt compelled to put Christina Aguilera or Timberlake up there for full disclosure.

Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Joe Satriani - Super colossul (spelling? lol)

Waiting for - The Killers album
Supernova's album (from the Rockstar: supernova reality show)
and of course, Chinese Democracy :wink:

Zootlesque said:
As of now...

1. Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
2. Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Eyes Open - Snow Patrol

But just today I got Muse and Thom Yorke! Watch this space, people! :wink:

:drool:

1. Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
2. Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Thom Yorke - The Eraser

I'm definitely checking out the new DeVotchKa. What I've heard so far is mighty impressive and beauteefulll :up:

haven't heard much new music (yes, I live in a cave) :reject:

RHCP - Stadium Arcadium :drool:
Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers :drool:
Audioslave - Revelations

The Raconteurs - Broken Boy Soldiers
Bob Dylan - Modern Times
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

If you shout... said:

Semi-disappointed, mind you. Just felt sort of rote, at times. Xiu Xiu's albums typically hover around 7.0-7.5, for me (minus A Promise, which is an easy 7.9 or 8.0...higher if you pretend that "Walnut House" never happened, as it's the only song more horrifying and objectionably bad than was September 11, 2001), but I think that The Air Force is more in the 6.5 or slightly lower range. It's good, but no more than that. Especially after those first three songs, I felt like the rest of the album came across as awfully rehearsed.

It's good, but not too exciting and certainly not too great. Even so, I think that U2 should invite Xiu Xiu along to open, for the next tour (if there ever is one).

I see your point, I relate "A Promise" with "Fabulous Muscles" and "La Foret" with the new one, those albums are in the same vein

and also... I almost can hear the audience booing in a U2 concert with Xiu Xiu as opening act

Anyway, off-topic. Sorry. At any rate, it depresses me that the new Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chili Peppers albums are enough to convince people that 2006 was a good year for music. I think it's great if that was enough to sell you, as that means you're enjoying a lot of music a lot more than I am. Even so, Stadium Arcadium was easily the single worst album I actually listened to, all year...from within the confines of my own perspective, I could almost weep at the thought of that being one of the best pieces of music I'd heard, this year. This is not a personal attack or anything, so I hope people don't take offense. It's just me expressing utter befuddlement, basically. Did that album do really well on the charts, in the US? I want to say that it did, right...or was that the Tom Petty Greatest Hits album that sold so well...?

haha, I'm with you, well, I'm more surprised than depressed, it surprises me to see "Stadium Arcadium", Keane' and Artic Monkeys' albums... three of the most boring albums this year in my humble opinion

but I guess that's because these bands and albums exist, because people like them, and that's ok

Queen Bee said:
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Rodrigo y Gabriela - self-titled
DeVotchKa - Curse Your Little Heart

Thom Yorke, YUCK, Mute Math, and Built To Spill had solid releases this year too :up:

It's nice to see I don't influence you at all. (Hey, I've had MuteMath for months and I haven't unzipped it yet. Oops!)

Queen Bee said:
Crap, I forgot The Raconteurs.
Fun album but not a top 3 :tsk:

the new Beck is unbelievable. here are my three based on that:

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
RHCP - Stadium Arcadium
Beck - The Information

mikal said:
the new Beck is unbelievable. here are my three based on that:

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam
RHCP - Stadium Arcadium
Beck - The Information

:yes:

Agree with all but SA. :tsk:

Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics
Beck - The Information
Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam

so far..

the new sparklehorse and the new bonnie prince billy.

still waiting on something else to amaze me this year

1. eyes open - Snow Patrol
2. black holes and revelations - Muse
3. Costello Music - The Fratellis

bsp77 said:
1. Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
2. Pearl Jam
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

Honorable mentions to Thom Yorke, Bob Dylan and Snow Patrol.

Still awaiting The Killers, Beck and Modest Mouse.

Might need to replace RHCP with The Killers.

street dogs - fading american dream (or it will be, once it's officially released :shifty: )

ducky boys - the war back home

did springsteen put out the seeger sessions this year or last?

competition from a bunch of stuff i'm forgetting. i think most of the stuff i've bought this year was older than this year, and i still haven't heard that dylan album.

I have enjoyed...

1. Cat Power - The Greatest
2. Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up I Am Dreaming
3. I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - Fear Is on Our Side

Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up I Am Dreaming
Secret Machines - Ten Silver Drops
TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain

And the EP released this year that holds its own with the best LPs of the year:

Voxtrot - Mother, Sisters, Daughters, and Wives EP

Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom