Your SuperBowl XXXIX Patriots vs Eagles Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever. :rolleyes:

I'm training myself for XXXIX by mumbling "ugly" every time I see a hot pic of Tom Brady, and telling myself how hot cornrows are.

patriots... by a lot...

the pats played the team with the greatest offense in NFL history... and they held them to three points.

the pats then a play a ball control team with the #1 ranked defense in the NFL... and shut down the running game while putting up 42 points.

they can do whatever they want... they are the best team, not just in the nfl, but in all of professional sports. bill lombardi has two weeks to prepare for mcnabb? please... super bowl XXXIX is going to be called "how to dismantle an nfc champion"

as I don't care for neither one of them, I'm going with the Underdog = EAGLES... because if they win it's a lot more "enjoyable"... but I like the game.. and the show

I hope PAUL McCARTNEY wins... :hyper:

phanan said:

Then again, any team that plays the Patriots is your favorite team, right?

Not at all. Philadelphia has been my team since I started watching football with regularity about 5 years ago.

This is just a very pleasant coincidence. :)

DaveC said:

Not at all. Philadelphia has been my team since I started watching football with regularity about 5 years ago.

Alright Dave! i dont see how people put the eagles down, it will be a good game and hopefully the birds will take advantage.

This city is in its Glory! Literally

im not putting the eagles down, im just raising the patriots up. they held one of the most prolific offenses in nfl history to a mere three points. they completely dominated and shut down the running attack of the steelers. they've already rendered such awesome receivers as stokley, harrison, wayne, ward, burress to be non factors in a game. sure, the eagles are a good team, they won the nfc. are they as good as indy who the pats were able to crush? no. do i think theyre even as good as pittsburgh who the patriots dismantled? no.

is it in the bag? no, but do i think the patriots could easily run away with this? yep.

for a brief while i was a patriots fan... when parcells left the giants and the disgusting ray handley took over, and i was about 13ish... i decided to root for the pats instead 'cause i liked bledsoe in college and loved parcells.

then when i was 18ish i decided to go back home and become a giants fan again.

thus then... as normal... the pats go on to win two super bowls with a shot for a third, proving once again that i am the black kiss of death.

yayy let's be a mets fan instead of a yankee fan! let's be an islander fan instead of a ranger fan! let's go back to being a giants fan instead of staying a patriots fan!

i suck.

DaveC said:

How come you picked the Steelers higher than your Eagles in the playoff pool thread then? Not much confidence there.

StlElevation said:
im not putting the eagles down, im just raising the patriots up. they held one of the most prolific offenses in nfl history to a mere three points. they completely dominated and shut down the running attack of the steelers. they've already rendered such awesome receivers as stokley, harrison, wayne, ward, burress to be non factors in a game. sure, the eagles are a good team, they won the nfc. are they as good as indy who the pats were able to crush? no. do i think theyre even as good as pittsburgh who the patriots dismantled? no.

is it in the bag? no, but do i think the patriots could easily run away with this? yep.

:up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
for a brief while i was a patriots fan... when parcells left the giants and the disgusting ray handley took over, and i was about 13ish... i decided to root for the pats instead 'cause i liked bledsoe in college and loved parcells.

then when i was 18ish i decided to go back home and become a giants fan again.

thus then... as normal... the pats go on to win two super bowls with a shot for a third, proving once again that i am the black kiss of death.

yayy let's be a mets fan instead of a yankee fan! let's be an islander fan instead of a ranger fan! let's go back to being a giants fan instead of staying a patriots fan!

i suck.

That's funny.

phanan said:

How come you picked the Steelers higher than your Eagles in the playoff pool thread then? Not much confidence there.

Let's think for a second:

Pittsburgh: 15-1, Best rookie season by a quarterback ever, #1 defense in the NFL

Philadelphia: 13-3, Terrell Owens out at least until the Bowl, Brian Westbrook at halfback.

I was just playing the odds here.

I think the Eagles' best shot would have been if there wasn't the extra week off this year. While the 2 week layoff gives T.O. an extra week to heal(I still think he won't play), it also gives Richard Seymour an extra week to heel, but most importantly, it gives Beilichick and staff an extra week to devise a game plan...not good news for Eagles fans.

DaveC said:

Let's think for a second:

Pittsburgh: 15-1, Best rookie season by a quarterback ever, #1 defense in the NFL

Philadelphia: 13-3, Terrell Owens out at least until the Bowl, Brian Westbrook at halfback.

I was just playing the odds here.

I certainly don't deny the odds there, but most people pick for their favorite team (if their fave is involved, anyway). I know I picked the Pats even though the odds didn't look so good there either, with all the injuries. I had faith, though, that they would get it done.

I am trying to understand why there would be such hatred for the Patriots.....???

StlElevation said:
people hate teams that succeed.

Of course. But you have to admit, if there's a city out there that needs a championship, its philly. New England has been riding high the past couple years.

Back
Top Bottom