Your SuperBowl XXXIX Patriots vs Eagles Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:

16 victories
victories by 7 points or less: 3
victories by double digits: 12
Perception and reality can be very different if you're looking at the Superbowl thru Eagle green colored glasses, but sorry to tell you that yes, this year's Patriots team does blow people out, and on a regular basis.

lol you guys are good.... but on a serious note. i have nothing against the Pats. i think they are a great team and have really good coaches. theyre success is something that everyone should commend.

Sunday is gonna suck - no football - any sports on tv Sunday?
i hate when they have the bye week b4 the SB:mad:

PS - I am now officially a Refugee....not sure yet if that's a good thing or not. Numb1075, growin' up so fast.:wink:

I love how all the Patriots fans are saying this game is going to be a complete blowout. You all seem to forget a team 3 years ago that was missing their star QB almost all year, had very few star names on their team at the time, and was playing the #1 rushing offense in the NFL on a team that had won the big game just a couple years earlier in the Superbowl. Everyone said that one team with the huge offense was going to absolutely hammer this upstart underdog team all 2 weeks before the big game. But then the game happened, and the underdogs won by 3 on a last play field goal. Gee, wonder what team that was...? Oh yeah. The Patriots.

So now we've got a team that's been missing their star WR for more than a month, and is now playing a near-dynasty team that has won recently. Everyone is saying that the near-dynasty team is going to absolutely hammer these upstarts all 2 weeks before the big game.

But then the game happens.

It's like déja vù all over again. :wink:

So it looks like T.O. may actually get back into it after all.

He practiced with the team yesterday, ran routes, and caught 10 or so passes on the 30 plays the team ran.

Love him or hate him, he's got the ability and heart to put his money where his mouth is. A lot of big players like that would just sit back and say "oh well", stand on the sidelines and dump Gatorade on the coach in the 4th quarter. At least TO is working hard to at least make an attempt to get into this to help out his team.

I know he probably won't be a huge factor, but I think he could get 20 or 30 yards, and may be used in short-yardage (3rd down) situations and inside the red zone. I think he might catch a touchdown on an x-and-goal play.

At least it gives the Pats defense something extra to focus on and worry about for this weekend. Maybe that no-name secondary will get all confused. :wink:

And I've heard that Harrison has stated privately that if TO plays he will go directly at his ankle given the chance. That's fucking dirty ass football. I hope someone puts this fuckwad out of his misery, and soon.

DaveC said:
I love how all the Patriots fans are saying this game is going to be a complete blowout. You all seem to forget a team 3 years ago that was missing their star QB almost all year, had very few star names on their team at the time, and was playing the #1 rushing offense in the NFL on a team that had won the big game just a couple years earlier in the Superbowl. Everyone said that one team with the huge offense was going to absolutely hammer this upstart underdog team all 2 weeks before the big game. But then the game happened, and the underdogs won by 3 on a last play field goal. Gee, wonder what team that was...? Oh yeah. The Patriots.

So now we've got a team that's been missing their star WR for more than a month, and is now playing a near-dynasty team that has won recently. Everyone is saying that the near-dynasty team is going to absolutely hammer these upstarts all 2 weeks before the big game.

But then the game happens.

It's like déja vù all over again. :wink:

Yes, but I'd like to think that Bill Belichick is a slight upgrade over Mike Martz.

speedracer said:

Yes, but I'd like to think that Bill Belichick is a slight upgrade over Mike Martz.

ANYTHING is a slight upgrade over Mike Martz, but even still. You gotta admit the similarities are striking.

Kyle Turley recently stated that MikeMartz ranks #33 out of the 32 NFL head coaches.
Believe me, Belichick will not fall into the traps and stubborn stupidity that Mike Martz (brain farts) fell into in SB36.(His rousing halftime speech of "you have 30 minutes to win a SuperBowl" is said to have really inspired his players...NOT)
Does that mean the Iggles have no shot...of course not, thats why they play the game, once every 30 years or so there is a monumental upset...Jets in SB III, Pats in SB XXXVI...so it should happen again in about 2032 or so.
And in comparing the 2001 Rams to this years' Pats, there's a couple things that are very dissimilar...
1. The Rams(Lambs) were the most un-physical SuperBowl combatant ever, the Pats knocked them around and took them out of their game, not so with this years' Pats team.
2. Defense. The Lambs tried to win with a Colts-esque mix of high powered offense and very little defense, it doesn't work, defense wins championships in the NFL (even the year the Rams won, their D was 6th in the league). Pats are not lacking in defense.

Once again, Pats 39, Iggles 16.

Just because it's always great to see...

capt.sge.kea75.291104144929.photo00.photo.default-255x363.jpg

:up::up:

Way to go, Eleaf! :wink:

Well God did call Reggie White and tell him to sign with Green Bay, so it must be time for money to start pouring in on the Iggles.

Its finally starting to settle in on me. Everyone at school are planning to go to the parade, but we have to win the game first! I wonder what school would do if half the students missed for the parade, hopefully laugh then join us as some said today.....:wink:

i didnt know they held a parade for the losing team, unless youre planning on coming to boston?

I hope Paul McCartney plays "Why Don't We Do It In The Road" during halftime.

Back
Top Bottom