Your SuperBowl XXXIX Patriots vs Eagles Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chad lewis is out for the super bowl, as well as ....

Terrell Owens' doctor will not give him medical clearance to play in the Super Bowl.

Dr. Mary Myerson cleared Owens to begin running, but it appears he has no chance of playing in the big game. This decision agrees with most medical experts who have said throughout T.O. has little chance to play. Freddie Mitchell would get the start opposite Todd Pinkston if necessary

TO's doc may not have cleared him to play but it appears that Mr Owens will defy the order. But the doctor really had no choice with TO being impossible to get to 100% fit in the next 2 weeks. If he had cleared him to play and then the ankle was re-injured, the doctor could have been at least partially liable.

This way the doc absolves himself of responsibility and TO can play to his ankle's content.

Let's just hope we don't get any more gratuitous bloody ankle shots a la World Series. :|

Numb1075 said:
not gonna be too close, huh Headache?

i would be shocked if the eagles won.

i would be suprised if it was close but the pats won anyway.

i would be mildly interested if it was close at half time.

i fully expect it to be over by the 2nd quarter.

i hope i'm wrong, 'cause it would be nice if it we could have a nice classic super bowl that goes down to the last minute... but i don't think i'm gonna be wrong.

the news here in philly reports that TO will mostl likely play...thats the spin the team is sending out. the doctor didnt clear because if he is reinjured he of course doesnt want the blame so really thats all he would say anyway. he did say it was healing ahead of schedule. the team says "there is reward for the risk and the doc only has risk and no reward."

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i would be shocked if the eagles won.

i would be suprised if it was close but the pats won anyway.

i would be mildly interested if it was close at half time.

i fully expect it to be over by the 2nd quarter.

i hope i'm wrong, 'cause it would be nice if it we could have a nice classic super bowl that goes down to the last minute... but i don't think i'm gonna be wrong.

sorry but have you even seen an eagles game this year? show some respect where respect is due.

no, but they are unbeatable in the playoffs under belicheck and with jesu... i mean brady under center

mkdominatr said:

sorry but have you even seen an eagles game this year? show some respect where respect is due.
I'm sure Headache has seen several Eagles games this year. He is expressing his opinion.
And for the record (and I've seen probably 10 Eagles games plus highlights of all the rest and every Pats game):
Patriots 39, Eagles 16

Hewson said:
I'm sure Headache has seen several Eagles games this year. He is expressing his opinion.
And for the record (and I've seen probably 10 Eagles games plus highlights of all the rest and every Pats game):
Patriots 39, Eagles 16

i respect everyone's opinion...i just hope its a good game.

DaveC said:
Eagles 27 - Patriots 24.

Bet on it. :wink:

I know you are on Blue Crack, but are you on real crack?

Patriots in a blowout. The Pats have motivation, since they want to repeat and it will be Weiss' and Crennel's last games.
The Pats have won 31 of their last 33. That is sick.

Jesus. It's not going to be a damn blowout. What's wrong with you people, haven't you seen a football game this year?

It's absolutely not going to be a blowout. If the Pats have a heart-driven reason to win, the Eagles have even more of one, with all of Philly (hell, the vast majority of Pennsylvania outside of Steeler country) pulling for them and the fact that they blew their last shot in the Super Bowl (twenty-four LONG years ago now). Add in T.O.'s (admittedly ridiculous but dogged) insistence that he'll play on that ankle injury, PLUS all the crap McNabb's been taking for approximately one bazillion years (with, in some cases though surely not all, the implication that a black quarterback can't lead a winning team)...Philly has JUST as much motivation to win.

I was trying to be diplomatic because I am awfully fond of Tom Brady, but screw him. He already has two rings.

I like Dave's prediction, so I'll stick with it: Philly 27, New England 24.

why wouldn't this be a blowout? they blew out pittsburgh and essentailly blew out indianapolis, both superior teams to philadelphia. both teams had great pass rushers ala kearse in freeny and smith, pittsburgh had the best d in the league this year and the pats up FOURTY points. the eagles run d is shabby. their secondary is good, ill give them that, but i dont see how you can get angry at pats fans, or anybody, who predicts a blow out. the patriots have been throwing these chumps like peyton and big ben around like they were yesterdays garbage. they can easily run away with this game.

would i like to see a close game? perhaps, to keep it interesting. but after the two victories that they have had by vina i and vina ii, i wouldn't mind seeing a complete dismantling of philly and have weiss and crennel go out with a bang.

The Pats are the best in the NFL because they have no weakness'. They can stop the run, their secondary covers tight, their offense can move the ball, their special teams are great, and they create turnovers. I'm a Packers/Giants fan myself but I have a lot of respect for the Pats because they've proved it year in and year out why their the best. It's not going to be a blowout but the Pats will win by at least 13 points.

Pats will blow Philly out of the water. Every opposing team sounds the same before they play the P-men. After the game McNabb will be kneeling to Belichick

mkdominatr said:

i respect everyone's opinion...i just hope its a good game.

For the last seven years, we've alternated great Super Bowls with lousy ones. Since last year's was great one, this year's will suck.

And since no one outside of New England will consider this year's Super Bowl to have sucked if the Eagles win...Pats in a blowout.

DaveC said:
Jesus. It's not going to be a damn blowout.
Wanna bet?:wink:
Jst kidding, you suffered enough humiliation this week to last through to the opening of training camp.

But much like Stl stated, the thought of it being a blowout is because I have watched a lot of football this year (like every year) and I've seen the last 30 or so SuperBowls, and 2 things:
1.Unlike last year when the Pats didn't put opponents away consistently and just did enough to win many of the games with a spattering of blowouts, this season they've develpoed a killer instinct and consistently put their foot on the throat of their opponent when they get the chance. They had the best points for/against differential in the league this year, and in the playoffs they have dominated the leagues #1 offense, and then the leagues #1 defense. Most power rankings (which I know means little once the coin is flipped) ranked Philly #4 (thats with T.O., who I still am sure won't play) behind NE, Pitt and Indy. Look at what the Pats did to Indy and Pitt.
2. Superbowls have a tendency to get out of hand moreso than regular season or earlier round playoff games. When a tem falls behind, they press more than usual because of the stage they're on and things snowball. Now obviously this doesn't always happen, but if Philly falls behind by 2 scores in the first 20 minutes of the game...look out.
Again, just my opinion, we shall see.
Pats 39, Iggles 16.

i dont think its NE's style to blow teams away. they may have had a few this season, but for the most part it was a field goal or a td that won the game......bottom line is that they do get it done. i just dont see a blowout. and im betting now TO plays, whether its 5, 10, or 50 plays, but he will play.. remember that.

mkdominatr said:
i dont think its NE's style to blow teams away. they may have had a few this season, but for the most part it was a field goal or a td that won the game....
See therein lies your problem, you "think" the Pats have only beaten a few teams by more than a FG or TD, but you might want to look at the actual scores, sh here you go, the scores of the Pats 16 victories so far (including post season):
27-24
23-12
31-17
24-10
30-20
13-7
40-22
29-6
27-19
24-3
42-15
35-28
23-7
21-7
20-3
41-27

16 victories
victories by 7 points or less: 3
victories by double digits: 12
Perception and reality can be very different if you're looking at the Superbowl thru Eagle green colored glasses, but sorry to tell you that yes, this year's Patriots team does blow people out, and on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom