Your SuperBowl XXXIX Patriots vs Eagles Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:

5. Clock management...surprised nobody mentioned this yet...if the Iggles had any sort of sense of urgency down 10 with 5 minutes left and used a no huddle like 31 other NFL teams would have, they might well have taken this game to OT, cause they could have scored with over 2 minutes left, kicked deep and if they held, the punt wouldn't have pinned them at the 4, they would have had the ball around their own 40 with at least a minute left. That one goes on the coaching staff...really poor.

I actually did mention this. Their time management skills were very, very poor, and as I stated already, I think this could be partially due to them playing in a weaker conference this year and not being in that situation too much, since they tended to blow out most opponents this year. They certainly seemed clueless on that drive, and only got the touchdown because an inexperienced rookie was thrust in there in place of Eugene Wilson. But even then, way too much time had been wasted.

phanan said:

I actually did mention this. Their time management skills were very, very poor, and as I stated already, I think this could be partially due to them playing in a weaker conference this year and not being in that situation too much, since they tended to blow out most opponents this year. They certainly seemed clueless on that drive, and only got the touchdown because an inexperienced rookie was thrust in there in place of Eugene Wilson. But even then, way too much time had been wasted.
Must've missed your earlier comments.
But I was thinking the same thing about them not being in many close games, but then realized that that theory didn't fly cause they should still have been running 2 minute drills before halftime of a number of games. There's really no good excuse for the clock management in the 4th quarter.
I think they just wilted a bit under the bright lights of the grand stage, I noticed one play early on in the game where McNabb ran the play (and it was a pass) without his chin strap buckled, to me that signals that the man's head is not focussed the way it should be.

I don't know how many times this season the Eagles ran a two-minute offense, but from what we saw yesterday, it obviously wasn't enough.

I think you are right about being on the big stage, though, as well. I think it really hit them right there.

Also, for some reason, they looked kinda tired on that drive, or was that just me? Sure, no urgency, but no energy really either...

I heard Joe Theismann on the radio last week talking about Tom Brady and other QB's *coughPeytonManningcough* and commenting about body language and the message it sends to your teammates. He said that Brady always appears calm and collected and it has the same effect on the team, instilling a calm confidence that they can execute whatever they need to, whereas other QB's (Specifically he mentioned Manning) get flustered when things don't go their way, he looks frustrated, waves his arms at the sidelines etc. and the other players lose a bit of confidence. He said its waht sets Brady apart in the current NFL as a field leader.
The Eagles' body language in the 4th quarter was that of a beaten team, at least on the offensive side of the ball (except for T.O. and Lewis who were hustling, but McNabb and the O-line just didn't have a sense of urgency).

Well congrats StlElevation and all Pats fans! Ive been recouping today. anyway great game, could have gone either way. our way if mcnabb would have gotten the Campbell's out of his ass. but he played poorly. overall they played well. hats of to my man TO what a game. dunno what the deal is with the 2 minute drill, but it wasnt lost there. this will make the eagles even better net year though. these teams will both be good for a while, and hold me to this, suiperbowl XXXX in detroit: Eagles vs. Pats....again.

mkdominatr said:
Well congrats StlElevation and all Pats fans! Ive been recouping today. anyway great game, could have gone either way. our way if mcnabb would have gotten the Campbell's out of his ass. but he played poorly. overall they played well. hats of to my man TO what a game. dunno what the deal is with the 2 minute drill, but it wasnt lost there. this will make the eagles even better net year though. these teams will both be good for a while, and hold me to this, suiperbowl XXXX in detroit: Eagles vs. Pats....again.

good post:up:

only thing i disagree with is that it's superbowl XL now XXXX :wink:

Congrats to all PATS fans! We had a crazy wild Super Bowl Party!! What a great game that was! My bro and nephew (Pats fans) all lost their voices yesterday! hahaha

I just want to comment to whoever said that 49ers fans are not arrogant et et. PUHLEASE!! 49er fans are rude and arrogant!! One of the MAIN reasons why as a kid I never rooted for the 49ers! (I became a Saints fan :( instead ) I live in Northern California and my dad used to take me to 49ers games as a kid when they were winning superbowls (late 80s) and their fans were rude and obnoxious! I couldn't stand them. I ended having a deep rooted hatred for them as a kid! Of course now it's like EH whatever! I just wanted to say that because the 49ers and Raiders are the teams that get all the coverate in my hometown! *R* I guess you have to be from Nothern Cali and go to the games in SF to know how their fans really acted back then!!!

Back
Top Bottom