Your SuperBowl XXXIX Patriots vs Eagles Thread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #136
Refugee

Local Time: 06:56 PM
I like it when trash talkers can't walk the walk.

Freddie Mitchell??? Where are youuuuu????

Go Pats! Beat 'em again next year!

Old 02-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #137
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:56 PM
all credit due to TO... what an amazing game for someone who had a fucking broken leg..

that said... Pats win... and I just won 200 bucks... yea baby

Old 02-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #138
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah, but the guy the Eagles really needed as well was Duce Staley.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:56 PM
Old 02-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

And I've heard that Harrison has stated privately that if TO plays he will go directly at his ankle given the chance. That's fucking dirty ass football. I hope someone puts this fuckwad out of his misery, and soon.
Nobody took a shot at TO's ankle the entire game as far as I could tell.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

i love life
Old 02-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Pats win again baby...

That said, the Eagles played lousy at the end. Their time management skills were absolutely dreadful. That's what happens when your conference sucks and you can blow out most of your opponents, I guess. Not enough experience playing from behind...
Old 02-06-2005, 10:11 PM   #143
Blue Crack Distributor

super bowl quoting MVP... Speedracer...

All of his comments, especially the "yea but McNabb's the one who overthrew his recievers by 10 yards 4 times" comment... whatever it was, I know i'm close...

I'm very shocked that it was as close as it was... but... considering, in my super bowl party pool boxes, I had 4-4 at the half... and NE 4, Phil 1 as my final game score... I really don't give a shit that it was closer than i thought... woo hoo i got bucks!!!
Old 02-07-2005, 01:33 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:56 AM
I actually stayed up and watched this over here in the UK!

(I didnt have a clue what was going on) Still enjoyed it tho!
Old 02-07-2005, 05:26 AM   #145
Refugee

hahahahaha stupid Eagles, gotta hate em

McBoob was the only reason they lost that game.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:41 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
I want to commend the 49ers, and all their fans, for never being that way. The team itself was not that way, and I never heard a 49er fan get arrogant and shitty as many times as they won, as many Super Bowls as they got. That is for Dallas fans Clinton even told them after one Super Bowl that 'no one begrudges you your success' because of their class and humility. Clinton said, no matter where he went, no one hated them the way they did other successful teams because they never shoved it in anyone's face. They were always humble in victory, even Jerry Rice using 'we' instead of "I" when being congratulated on a play. They were the class of the league, and some teams and fans should take note of how you can win without being a dickhead.
This is a well timed post, for 2 reeasons.
1. The Pats are the epitome of a team that puts "team" before individual stats and accolades, so you're hatred of them for this reason makes no sense.
2. I was watching the marathon of SuperBowl highlight shows on ESPN2 yesterday rather than the pregame stuff, and while watching the Raiders/Bucs highlights was surprised at the clips of Jerry Rice on the sideline saying "he's not throwing me the ball, he's got to get me the ball", one of my friends remarked "who's he think he is , Keyshawn?"
Old 02-07-2005, 05:48 AM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
the toss was fixed
If I had bet "heads" I'd have been pissed, that kid didn't even get it to rotate once.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:09 AM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Final thoughts on the game:
1. Rodney Harrison...run the damn interception into the endzone! I had half of a $100 square that was 1-1, if he scores I get $1250.00. Dagnanmit.
2. Terrell Owens...played great, you could see he had some limitations, but he gave it his all, unlike...
3. Freddie Mitchell...still waiting for what you"got" for Rodney Harrison. I mean, jeez Freddie, Rodney caught more passes than you did.
4. Eugene Wilson...don't play on special teams next year. That injury was devastating, both 2nd half Eagle TD's were on passes to players "covered" by replacement Dexter Reid, who may be related to Elvis "toast" Patterson.
5. Clock management...surprised nobody mentioned this yet...if the Iggles had any sort of sense of urgency down 10 with 5 minutes left and used a no huddle like 31 other NFL teams would have, they might well have taken this game to OT, cause they could have scored with over 2 minutes left, kicked deep and if they held, the punt wouldn't have pinned them at the 4, they would have had the ball around their own 40 with at least a minute left. That one goes on the coaching staff...really poor.
6. Donovan McNabb...some awful throws, a couple he got bailed out on by Pinkston, but in all some very poor decisions, though since the Iggles had no running game, the blame is not squarely on him, but he didn't step up in the big spotlight.
7. Deion Branch...21 catches in 2 SuperBowls, yet by Tuesday nobody south of CT will remember him.
8. Eagle fans...certain peoiple here are complaining about obnoxious Pats' fans, please take note of some of what was going on in J-Ville. We got cell phone reports from friends down from the game, the Eagle fans (who came in droves, outnumbered Pats fans by a lot) were a very nasty bunch. One reply to, "good luck tomorrow in the game" was "F*$% you and F*%& your mother. Certainly not representative of all Philly fans, but some real rude behavior.

Lets see if we can make it 4 of 5 in Motown next year.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 AM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

OK, one last, scary note.
On 12-20-04, my boss wrote out a prediction for the SuperBowl on a piece of paper, sealed it in an envelope, I signed over the envelope flap, and it has been on my bulletin board since, till 2 minutes ago. He even forgot the score he predicted, but we just opened it, and I shit you not, he put Pats 24, Eagles 21.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:00 AM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
(who BTW only got here because of a lucky storm and some bad calls against the Steelers, which is why I was too burned up to come here and fight with you guys, see, I FEEL football and I don't like being ragged about it)
I must take a bit of umbridge with this statement...
A. The "lucky storm"....the Colts scored 3 points, the pats played in the same "storm" and scored 20, I live in MA, the weather wasn't that bad, the snow was light, the field was in excellent shape, the only factor was the wind, each team got 2quarters with it and 2 into it, but the Colts couldn't capitalize.
B. "bad calls against the Steelers"...ok, what on earth are you talking about here?
What questionable calls were there in that game? How did these supposed calls affect the outcome? The Pats pummeled the Steelers from start to finish. Enlighten me as to these calls, cause we both hate the fair weathered fans who don't know what they're talking about, so please I need to know where the refs blew this game.

Like StlElevation said, why not just try giving credit where credit is due.