Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
guess who's quietly won 14 straight games... regular season and playoffs combined...

duncan-061603.jpg

the lakers baffle me... this series could easily be 3-1 houston right now... kobe hits the rim instead of shooting an airball and the rockets win game 1... last night needed a clutch performance by the 90 year old mailman just to pull it out in overtime...

very similar to last year when they beat the t-wolves 4 games to 1, but struggled in doing so... and then got bounced by the spurs.

I would love nothing more than to see the Lakers get beat SOON. All the B.S. about a dream tream (read: malone and payton) annoys the "F" out of me. Signing to a team JUST to get a ring seems like such a selfish thing to do. I mean, are they REALLY that amazing of players if they couldn't carry the teams they were on before????

Go Wolves. (obvious statement - yet I am not getting my hopes to high...even if they get past San Anton and L.A., I think the East may be too tough).

zoney! said:
I would love nothing more than to see the Lakers get beat SOON. All the B.S. about a dream tream (read: malone and payton) annoys the "F" out of me. Signing to a team JUST to get a ring seems like such a selfish thing to do. I mean, are they REALLY that amazing of players if they couldn't carry the teams they were on before????

Go Wolves. (obvious statement - yet I am not getting my hopes to high...even if they get past San Anton and L.A., I think the East may be too tough).

:up:

when did the east all of a sudden become good? :shrug: the pacers are the same team that got killed by jersey last year, jersey lost in the finals to san antonio, and the pistons are struggling with the bucks. let's go knicks.

while i agree that the fancy hollywood fakers aren't that good... of his three options, which would have been malone's least selfish act?

a) taking a lesser role to win a championship?
b) sticking around utah as the #1 option on a rebuilding team just so you could break kareem's scoring record
c) going to new orleans or dallas for more money

on that note... i stand by my pick from the start of the playoffs...

11_g.jpg

with the same results...

2003-06-15-archive-duncan-r.jpg

... minus the admiral, of course

Last edited:
Game 4 LA Lakers-
Malone comes up huge..

Karl Malone F 47 11-17 8-11 0-0 2 13 1 3 2 0 4 30

max dinova.

ps-
i am not looking to start a flaming war here. if any of you playoff junkies want to correspond with me privately feel free to email me at-

maxdinova@inorbit.com

Last edited:
BORING!!! What side of D-Town are you from?

I'm from the side that doesn't get too excited about barn-burners with a final score of 35-42. Sheed has added some scoring, and their recent wins with 100+ are a good trend, but it takes a blind fan to think that Pistons are one of the more exciting NBA teams to watch. I know I've sat through a number of games this year and wondered what it would be like to be in LA, Sac, or Dallas. Thank goodness I can get cheap tickets, cause it ain't worth the price of admission.

Most all the seats at Staples center were sold out all year...others you could pick up on ebay or ticket outlets starting at $100 ea and that was for the rafters... those ticket prices didn't come down either when the three main guys were hurting and not playing....if you check Laker tickets in ebay, you'll be shocked...fortunately, every Laker season game is televised on either local, Foxsports or ESPN; we've got a TV in every room, digital cable in three rooms and a big screen downstairs so I'm not missing anything....by the way, $12. to park at Staples and the neighborhood.

Last edited:
ahhh i remember once upon a time where i had to go out with a girl who had season tickets just to get into a game at madsion square garden (and yes that is a true story... and former zoo confessionals thread topic to boot :up:)... now i can walk up to the box office on the day of a game and get a seat. isiah sucks... the dolans suck... the knicks suck.

I'm from the side that doesn't get too excited about barn-burners with a final score of 35-42. Sheed has added some scoring, and their recent wins with 100+ are a good trend, but it takes a blind fan to think that Pistons are one of the more exciting NBA teams to watch.

:up:

Our only other option is the Clippers; they typically play to a 50% house...there was a thought that maybe, just maybe Kobe and Derek Fisher might be in red and white next year...who knows???? :hmm: what's your thought max d. ?

I pick the Lakers by a hair. I'm partial to The Mailman, because he's come very close nearly half a dozen times. Now that doesn't mean they're a lock to win, but with their line-up I'd guess they'll edge out the competition.

Who will they play? I'm betting on New Jersey, but it could very easily be Indiana. Either way it'll be a rematch of an earlier Finals series.

Back
Top Bottom