Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
all these people who say defense wins championships are morons... no matter how good a defense is, the team that scores the most points still wins the game.

you can play great defense, but if you don't score, you're not gonna win. you can play great defense, but if you don't rebound, you're not gonna win. you can play great offense, but if you can't stop anybody, you're not gonna win. there is no one thing that wins championships... it takes a proper balance of all aspects of the game to win.

kobe is finally starting to make good decisions on the court, unfortunatly for the fakers it may be too little too late.

edit: i take that back... kobe just got T'd up... and al michales just thought a replay of the original T was a second T... is he even in the building or is he just watching it on TV? what the hell.

edit again: kobe's shooting with 3 guys on him again... so much for good decision making.

Last edited:
i feel sorry for shaq... he's played great in this series (32 points and 20 boards tonight), but kobe, phil and the rest of the fakers just haven't been able to get it done... larry brown is making the zen master look like a CYO coach. swell job by slava medvedenko to get into a shoving match with rasheed wallace, which reminded 'sheed that hey... when i was a crazy mofo, i was pretty good.

if i'm jerry buss, i say good riddance to kobe bryant.

and the look on karl malone's face is priceless... it was the "i left utah to come to a gauranteed lock of a championship and i still can't catch a break" face.

milicic_030929.jpg

darko says series over :up:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
and the look on karl malone's face is priceless... it was the "i left utah to come to a gauranteed lock of a championship and i still can't catch a break" face.

I saw that look. I almost felt sorry for him......almost......

no hollywood ending this time around for LA

dan patrick is wrong about Lakers in 7, hah

i'm glad pistons are winning because of the respect i've lost for payton, he should have went to the Warriors to play cuz thats where he's from. i grew up a sonics fan, i'm from there originally.

this series is lookin like the "Lakers had Malone, Payton, Shaq, & kobe and still couldn't win" :ohmy:

I call this series over!

jesseu2 said:
no hollywood ending this time around for LA

dan patrick is wrong about Lakers in 7, hah

i'm glad pistons are winning because of the respect i've lost for payton, he should have went to the Warriors to play cuz thats where he's from. i grew up a sonics fan, i'm from there originally.

this series is lookin like the "Lakers had Malone, Payton, Shaq, & kobe and still couldn't win" :ohmy:

I call this series over!

as much as i think the lakers are done too, i made sure that it was darko who called the series over, so in case kobe has an epiphany over night and figures out how to use the double team to his advantage and the lakers actually win the next 3 games, i can just put all the blame on darko :wink:

Perhaps if he scored more than 2 points.
He and Payton have been pretty useless in the finals (OK so Malone's hurt, Payton's healthy), so I find it kind of funny that they'll both be denied a ring.
They thought they could just cruise to a ring, they had their shots vs MJ and failed, this riding the Lakers' coattails would have been kind of hollow anyway so I'm glad they will apparently be denied.

On another note...I must say I'm surprised the Pissed-ons stand 1 win away from the title...the '86 Celts would beat them 142-22 and MJ's Bulls would beat 'em 133-44 and the '87 Lakers would beat them 97-95. :wink:

Hewson said:
Perhaps if he scored more than 2 points.
He and Payton have been pretty useless in the finals (OK so Malone's hurt, Payton's healthy), so I find it kind of funny that they'll both be denied a ring.
They thought they could just cruise to a ring, they had their shots vs MJ and failed, this riding the Lakers' coattails would have been kind of hollow anyway so I'm glad they will apparently be denied.

On another note...I must say I'm surprised the Pissed-ons stand 1 win away from the title...the '86 Celts would beat them 142-22 and MJ's Bulls would beat 'em 133-44 and the '87 Lakers would beat them 97-95. :wink:

isiah's pistons would've won by 30... this is not an all time championship team by any stretch of the imagination... but with one more win, darko milicic will have more rings than karl malone, john stockton, patrick ewing, charles barkley, ted williams, ernie banks and dan marino combined.

I know Headcaseinasuitache likes the "local" spin.....

I realized last night that one of the five starters on the Lakers might not make it into the Hall of Fame. But, when you look at where he came from, it is pretty amazing to think that Devean George came from a Div. III program (Augsburg College from the MIAC - which has been dominated by my College for YEARS - even when Devean played there). He also graduated from one of the local Minneapolis area H.S. - ironically....of all the local talent (most of them going Div. I) that Minnesota has "developed" - he is the only one with a starting role.

Go pistons.

32 points and 20 boards tonight

may i correct myself...
shaq- 36 points, 20 boards, 16-21 shooting (76%)
kobe- 20 points, 0 boards, 8-25 shooting (32%)

how can anyone justify kobe's shot selection with these stats?

just so there's no doubt... the stats for the series thus far.

shaq
game 1- 13 for 16 (81%), 34 points
game 2- 10 for 20 (50%), 29 points
game 3- 7 for 14 (50%), 14 points
game 4- 16 for 21 (76%), 36 points
Totals- 46 for 71 (65%), 113 points (28.3ppg)

kobe
game 1- 10 for 27 (37%), 25 points
game 2- 14 for 27 (52%), 33 points
game 3- 4 for 13 (31%), 11 points
game 4- 8 for 25 (32%), 20 points
Totals- 36 for 92 (39%), 89 points (22.3ppg)

so kobe bryant has taken 21 more shots than shaquille o'neal, scored 24 fewer points, shooting 26% worse... and when asked before game 4 if he thought shaq should be getting more touches, kobe flat out said "no." he disgusts me.

Thats because the Lakers have the "glamour" superstars and the Pistons really don't. Which will actually make the Pistons beating them that much better. Perhaps a bit of a wake up call to some NBA GM's.
Similar to the Marlins beating the Yankees in last yrs world series or the Pats beating the Rams in SuperBowl 36.

Well the no respect issue will make victory taste sweeter, and it'll be funny to hear Karl Malone and Gary Payton's "woe is me" retirement speeches.

Ironically, I passed up on the HBO shows last night to watch this debacle.....

but at the same time, I can connect the Lakers to

Six Feet Under and Deadwood....:mad:

Kobe will be gone, Fisher gone, Fox gone...who else?????

I have to vent for a second...

I hate James Dolan. It seems to me that this man was put on this earth by God for one thing and one thing only... to piss me off. And by golly he does such a great job of it. Madison Square Garden is supposed to be The World's Most Famous Arena. It's supposed to be an organization run with class and dignity. It adds to why people from outside of New York HATE New York. The arrogence of wanting to be the best... where even when we weren't the best, we acted like we were the best.

Those days are long gone. Now The Garden is a joke. The Rangers and Knicks have spent themselves into oblivion... putting out the worst teams money can buy, figuring that fans will show up if they put names on the court/ice, no matter wether they win or lose. A year would go by, the teams would lose, more "names" would be added to the list, and ticket prices would go up. The fans stopped showing up, the teams were horrendous.

Now Mr. Dolan has officialy pushed me over the edge. News broke today that The Garden and Marv Albert have parted ways. Marv F'ing Albert. The reasons? They couldn't decide on money, and Marv refused to submit to a contract clause that would limit his criticism of the organization. A team that gave 8 figure per year salaries to the likes of Travis Knight, Clarence Weatherspoon and Howard Eisley didn't want to give Marv Albert a raise. Marv Albert... he IS the New York Knicks. More so than any other person in Knicks history... more than Willis, more than Clyde, more than Pearl, more than Senator Bradley, more than Bernard King, Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley, Allan Houston... only one man has been there for ALL of it... Marv Albert. He was a Knicks ball boy as a teenager, for pete's sake. He grew up in Brooklyn. He went to Syracuse for college... all be it not in the city, but still in the state and close to home. He IS the New York Knicks... and now he's gone. He won't get to go out the way Johnny Most did with the Celtics...the way Chuck Hearn did with the Lakers... the way Bob Murphy did with the Mets. It's over for Marv... and until the Dolan family and Cablevision finally sell Madison Square Garden, it's over for them, too.

Now back to your regular schedule program...

Last edited:
the lakers are a sad pathetic bunch... i've been waiting for 6 years to see them self implode, and finally they have... all credit due to larry brown and the pissed-ons. they played like a true team, and deserve to be champions... the lakers have much more talent on paper, but games aren't played on paper.

and yes... i posted this at the end of the third quarter... there's still 12 minutes left for the lakers, but they're down 23 points.

congrats to my fellow long islander larry brown (long beach), who made the zen master his... for lack of a better word... bitch in this series.

the way rasheed wallace has responded to his fellow tar heel brown makes allen iverson look like even more of an asshole.

congrats to william davidson... wnba title, stanley cup title, nba title... all in the same season. well done... well done indeed.

kobe bryant's time with the hollywood fakers is officialy over.

Last edited:
a very happy phil jackson in the post game press conference... "very slim chance i'll coach next year."

phil had his 4 kids at the press conference with him... two wearing a shaq jersey, 1 wearing a luke walton jersey, 1 wearing just a lakers jersey... note, no kobe jersey's...

Last edited:
Wow.
WOW!
I am so happy for the Pistons and the city of Detroit, which can use something to cheer about besides its music scene. And good for Rasheed Wallace, who helped his new team to a championship.
I wonder what kinds of excuses Shaq will have for the Fakers loss. Of course, nothing bad is EVER his fault...

Edited because I've just read Headache's post about Marv Albert. Another Wow is in order.l The Dolans are a disaster and nothing good will happen in the Garden sports-wise as long as they are in charge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom