Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
The Lakers must have been giggling watching that game.

As Mitch Albom, a sports columnist here in Detroit, put it: "After watching the first half, they [Lakers] immediately canceled practice."

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the nba had the most watched western conference finals game in nba history this past series... i'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're gonna have one of the least watched nba finals games in this one.

Wow...that is impressive. Especially considering that Minneapolis is the #15 Television Market.

I agree with the five game series coming up. Should we start a pool on the chances of seeing the lowest scoring "finals" game since the Lakers played in Minneapolis!?

stammer476 said:

As Mitch Albom, a sports columnist here in Detroit, put it: "After watching the first half, they [Lakers] immediately canceled practice."

:lmao:

Lotta of between the line reporting from the local rags say that the Lakers aren't worried about Kobe leaving. if that's the case, Kareen Rush is coming along just fine....

some of yesterday's headlines - "Gold Rush" "Close with a Rush"
"Gold Rush Day's are Here!"

:shifty:

Last edited:
I really want to be the die-hard fan that stands by my boys and says Pistons in 7, but I'm just having too hard of a time. I felt this same way when my Broncos faced the Packers in '97, and that worked out well. Maybe this same strategy will work again. Remain cautious, expect to lose, then party like mad when we shock the world and win. Hmm. It just might work.

I just hope the players don't use the same strategy.

good strategy. Unfortunately. :(

I like the Pistons...and will "cheer" for them in the same context.

Expectations are meant to be broken...that's why (in the sports realm) I try not to have them.

Mr. BAW said:

Lotta of between the line reporting from the local rags say that the Lakers aren't worried about Kobe leaving. if that's the case, Kareen Rush is coming along just fine....
Not so fast Laker fans...
Kobe is a sure fire hall of famer, unless he's imprisoned and banned from the HOF.
Kareem Rush has a future as a serviceable backup in the NBA.

If you lose Koberapist, your future title hopes go with him.

Forgive me for being lame, but I don't have cable or the newspaper anymore.

WHO MADE THE FINALS?

:reject:

:crack:

NO!!!! DOC RIVERS!!!

what a cruel world . . . what a cruel world . . .

Why didn't anyone tell me?! At least I could have prepared myself for this, maybe muted my television or found some kind of chip that only lets me listen to Al Michaels.

*sigh*

At least we're still in the game. We haven't played well, but we're keeping respect. I gotta be happy with that.

if kobe's going to insist on putting up shot after shot when it's obvious that the pistons can't stop shaq... detroit may actually have a chance in this thing.

... emphasis on the "may."

kobe has currently taken more shots than shaq and malone combined... and has 3 less points than shaq and malone combined... and malone's got a goose egg

GIVE THE FRIGGIN BALL TO SHAQ YOU FRIGGIN A-HOLE!!!

Last edited:
if kobe bryant believes he can be selfish and throw up shot after shot against the pistons defense, he's seriously mistaken... if the lakers play as a team they can not lose this series... detroit's defense is just too good for them to play as 5 individuals doing their own thing. right now they look like they did in the first 2 games of the Spurs series... but then again, we all know how that series ended.

i'm not a larry brown fan, but he did a brilliant job coaching tongiht. put single coverage on shaq... let him get his points, he's gonna 'em anyway. put a long player such as teyshawn prince on kobe, just to get a hand in his face... and keep the other three from getting open looks. the game then comes down to kobe bryant. if he puts up good shots, looks to drive draw and dish, or just hits all the rediculously bad shots that he's been known to take from time to time... then the lakers win. if kobe doesn't do that, the lakers lose, no matter what shaq does.

brilliant move by brown.

shaq goes 13-16... 34 points
kobe goes 10-27... 10 for friggin 27... 25 points.

Last edited:
Unbelievable!

Just as I was ready to give the "just glad to be here" response, we go and win. Now I have to care, and deal with the anxiety between games like the Indiana and New Jersey series.

Oh no, this doesn't make Doc Rivers our good luck charm, does it?

it's nice... after watching clueless flip saunders, to see what larry brown did last night. right now the series rests on kobe bryant's decision making. and if i'm the pistons, that's a good place for it to rest. now if they can avoid one of those putrid 63 point efforts, they just might be on to something here...

I'll say only this:
2001 NBA finals Larry Brown's 76ers stun the heavily favored Lakers in game 1 in LA.
The Lakers win the title in 5 games.

And Mr. BAW...what are the LA sportswriter's saying about superstar Kareem "one game does not a career make" Rush this fine June morning?

^ I was thinking about asking the same question.

I bet Mr. Baw doesn't show his face in this thread until AFTER the Lakers win a game. :wink:

Hewson said:
I'll say only this:
2001 NBA finals Larry Brown's 76ers stun the heavily favored Lakers in game 1 in LA.
The Lakers win the title in 5 games.

and the spurs were up 2-0, and the lakers won 4-2.

i picked the lakers in 5 at the start and i'm gonna stick to that... but if they feel they don't have to make adjustments to their game in order to win, they're highly mistaken. i mean... even if they still play as bad as they did last night... if a few of kobe's rediculously bad shots actually fall, the lakers still could've won. that's the bad thing for the pistons... they played about as well as they could, and the lakers played just about as bad as they could... and the pistons only won by 12, and it was under 10 in the 4th quarter. if it's the opposite... the lakers playing as well as they can and the pistons playing as poor as they can, the lakers win by 30.

so i still pick the fancy hollywood fakers to win... and win in 5, 6 max. but at the very least this game opened up a thread of light for the pistons, in my mind. the lakers are so dysfunctional that ya just never know when they could implode.

zoney! said:
^ I was thinking about asking the same question.

I bet Mr. Baw doesn't show his face in this thread until AFTER the Lakers win a game. :wink:

BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I only read the headlines - "Opening with a Clang!"

"Pistons cause misfires" "Pistons no Pushovers"

One of the better stores dealt with only Shag and Kobe scoring..
"Two and woe"

but don't forget....there are still 6 to go...:hopeful:

Last edited:
Please...don't ask the LORD for help for the Lakers.

Let's save our prayers for something a little more worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom