Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lake Minnetonka! :wink: (although, I like the sound of Minnitoba - I think thats where they drowned Deathbear)

I used to sit there and stare at Prince when he would attend the games - I am not sure if he knew what exactly was going on. He would cheer for KG, and that was about it.

NOW, when the twirpy, little Janet Jackson would come to the games (in town recording albums with Jimmy Jam...she would really get into the games. Never saw any "garment malfunctions" though :(.

Jesse the Body was pretty interesting to watch too.

I am bummed - I really hope the glove and the mailman don't get greedy - and just f$#%ing retire after this year!

exactly why i hate kobe... shaq dishes it out to him, sets a screen... they switch off a screen and end up with wally szczerbiak guarding shaq... and kobe looks the other way, looking for his shot first, eventually passing it off to the other side, lakers miss, t-wolves get out on the break, spree hits a 10 footer in the lane, wolves up by 16, phil takes a T.O., series going back to the city of angels.

and on a side note, mike fratello is out of his mind if he thinks trent hassell is holding down kobe. trent hassell can't hold down kobe... kobe holds down himself when he gets selfish and puts up bad shots like he did today.

Last edited:
Top 10 Reasons Your Team Won't be Winning The NBA Title... as read by 10 NBA Legends

10. "Owner won't pay for team to travel to away games" (Oscar Robertson)
9. "Coach used time-out to go get Spike Lee's autograph" (Robert Parish)
8. "Your teammate spends whole game guarding the ref" (Rick Barry)
7. "Power forward has been out two months with the hiccups" (George Gervin)
6. "During the season, you lost to the Lakers and the Laker Girls" (Willis Reed)
5. "Your team logo is a guy asleep in a hammock" (Walt Frazier)
4. "Much of the 24 seconds is spent on uncontrollable sobbing" (Clyde "The Glide" Drexler)
3. "No one can dunk without using a stepladder" (Bill Walton)
2. "Your best player is named Shaquille Wasserstein" (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
1. "Many nights you have more groin pulls than points" (Bill Russell)

so fred hoiberg gets mugged and no foul is called because hey... he's just fred hoiberg. kobe gets lightly tapped and he gets a foul call because hey... he's kobe bryant. only problem is the touch foul on bryant was given to KG... who gets his second. his first was a clear moving screen and should've been called. but when a superstar has a touch foul on a superstar, who wins out in the ref's mind? the bigger superstar? with KG out till at least midway through the 2nd, spree's gonna have to go nuts to keep minnesota close.

reactionary calls piss me off.

Last edited:
why in the bluest of blue hells is shaq on the floor with 3 fouls... ESPECIALLY when the 3rd foul was foul of fatigue. very bad job by zen master phil. shaq with 4 fouls headin' into the half, kobe with 3... KG who picked up 2 in the first 3 minutes still has just 2. if i was flip, with a minute left i'd take KG the heck out of hte game.

phil just put kobe back in the game with under a minute to go and 3 fouls?!?!?!?! is phil out of his mind!?!?!?! fred "the mayor" hoiberg just made kobe look like toast, 'cause kobe can't risk a 4th foul... this is just plain bad by phil. t-wolves come back from down 13 and now only trail by 2 at the half. jack nicholson is heated.

Last edited:
jerry buss is keeping a keen eye on mr. kareem rush... with kobe a free agent, and it's pretty much known that if kobe comes back, phil doesn't, and vice versa. so with kareem rush showing that he can play... which many of us already knew... and that small insignificant fact that zen master phil is dating buss' daughter...

take your last looks at kobe in laker purple and gold... next year he'll be wearing different colors. clipper blue and red? spur black and white? colorado state prison orange? we shall see...

absolutely horrific quarter by the timberwolves...

how can a quarter in which garnett looked phenomenal be horrific? how can a quarter in which they went in trailing and came out on top be horrific?

shaq and kobe didn't pick up a single foul, the t-wolves settled for way too many jumpshots, gave up too many easy looks under the basket for shaq, gave up too many second chance shots, and didn't pick up every loose ball.

the lakers were on the ropes going into the third... kobe played like dog shit, shaq missed about a billion freethrows... yet the lakers are only down 1 going into the 4th. the bad coaching has "Flipped" from the lakers side back over to the t-wolves side, where it rightfully belongs.

should be an interesting 4th... KG is playing so well that i really hope they pull it out tonight.

Last edited:
4 1/2 to go the wolves are absolutely killing themselves on defense and offense... horrendous shot selection.

3:22 to go... rush hits another 3... lakers by 10, game over... series over... lakers win the NBA title. third quarter killed minnesota.

i'm disgusted by flip... i'll be back tommorow. :barf:

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm glad i sit in here and talk to myself... really makes me feel good about my life :wink:

i'm the IWB of the NBA thread

:lol:

as expected. A Truly boring NBA finals coming at us...Bitches.

Anyone watch the NCAA Championship lacrosse game yesterday? GREAT game!

I don't understand why lacrosse isn't more popular. I've now watched two games in the last few weeks, and it's an amazing sport. Maybe they should give the women's softball TV hours to something more entertaining . . .

:yes:

And thank you Mr. B! :D

Well, I doubt lacrosse will ever reach the level of "Major League" in this country (similar to Baseball or basketball) - but it continues to grow. It truly is a great sport. Very similar offensively and defensively (plays-wise) to basketball. Ever since I started coaching lacrosse, it is very difficult for me to watch a basketball game and NOT look at the play and find a way to adapt it to a lacrosse field. Like basketball, you can win or lose based on the "transition game".

Yesterday was a GREAT example of how great lacrosse can be. everyone at the Memorial Day party I attended asked me if I wanted to sit down as we watched the NCAA game (on a flat-screen, High-Def TV :drool: ). It was hard for me to explain to them that I am unable to sit during lacrosse games (I am so used to being so animated on the sidelines).

:up:

Last edited:
My boys are back in the finals, baby. League B champions of 2004. And if life couldn't get any better, I no longer have to hear the commentary of Doc Rivers.

Some of my favorite moments from the good Doctor:

"Every time he shoots, he's looking to score."

Ohhhh, so that separates him from the guys that are looking to miss. I understand now. It all makes sense when you put it that way.

And tonight:

"Every . . . time . . . they . . . get . . . in . . . trouble . . . they . . . give . . . it . . . to . . . Rip . . . Hamilton"

Seriously, it took him like seven minutes to say that sentence. I was afraid he had a stroke or something. Is there a Doctor in the house?

If I may quote the only other commentator that makes even Doc look good; from Bill Walton, "That's terrible."

i'm actually surprised it's that cheap... knicks-bulls tickets at the garden used to scalp for at least 500 bucks, and that was back in the 90s...

fancy hollywood fakers win in 5. i really wanna say it'll be a clean sweep, but i think the fakers will fall asleep one game and detroit will steal one.

the nba had the most watched western conference finals game in nba history this past series... i'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're gonna have one of the least watched nba finals games in this one.

bitches.

Wait a minute, how can people be putting the Pissed-ons in the finals already. Its only 69-65, they staill have to play the second half don't they?

Bitches.

The Lakers must have been giggling watching that game.

Bitches.

Back
Top Bottom