Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wait....you mean the timberpuppies have figured out a way to defend a CENTER?

I am keeping updated with a wensite..when the hell are they going to have the games on BROADCAST tv?

they aren't really defending him... they're just standing straight up and down and forcing shaq to make a move... which he can't do anymore. mad dog is playing like mad dog, and KG just got pissed and decided to make slava medvedenko his personal bitch.

shaq's stats... 12 points on 3 field goals, 3 for 12 from the free throw line (including an airball)

bitches

Last edited:
so your 4th quarter stats... 3 double techs, 1 single tech, 1 flagrant 2, and a 1-1 series tie... now the lakers not only have to worry about Kobe being able to get back from his trial in time for game 4, now they have to worry about Karl Malone being suspended for game 3. what an idiotic move by someone who's supposed to be a smart veteran.

zoney! said:
crap. :mad:

What did he do?

sore loser..I am sure!

he was part of a double tech with ervin "don't call me magic" johnson earlier in the 4th, and then late in the 4th, darrick martin... who was terrific, btw... set a back screen on malone, and karl gave him a forearm shiver to the face in order to get threw the screen. immediately hit with a Flagrent 2 and tossed from the game.

From The NBA Rule Book, Rule 12, Section VII
a. Recipients of technical fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct will be assessed a $500 fine for the first offense, and an additional $500 for the second offense in any one given game, for a minimum total of $1,000. If a player is ejected on (1) the first technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct, (2) a punching foul, (3) a fighting foul, (4) an elbow foul, or (5) a flagrant foul, he shall be fined a minimum of $1,000.
b. Whether or not said player(s) is ejected, a fine not exceeding $35,000 and/or suspension may be imposed upon such player(s) by the Commissioner at his sole discretion.

if anthony peeler was suspended for his elbow, malone should be for his... if he isn't suspended it's based on name value and name value alone.

back to the game it's self... cassell's injury and hassel's quick two fouls turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

martin played tremendously in place of cassell... and wally... oh oh wally... i've been yelling for flip to put him in more since the first quarter of game 1. when they double team shaq, and the guy who's open is hassel, it doesn't quite matter... when the guy they double off of is wally szczerbiak, who for all his defensive faults is one hell of a catch and shoot shooter... now it's a problem. you can't double off of wally. he's not gonna beat you off the dribble, but man oh man can he shoot.

and i'm not just saying that 'cause he grew up 15 minutes from me :wink:

cold spring harbor's finest;)

Last edited:
There is an audio clip on the Minneapolis newspaper website that has Shaq blaming "the rain" on his performance.

:hmm:

Las time I checked, Target Center was enclosed.

great article by the peter gammons of basketball, david aldridge, on the malone incident...

This is ridiculous.

Not suspending Karl Malone for Game 3 for his elbow to Darrick Martin's noggin gives aid and comfort to every Looney Tunes wing-nut conspiracy theorist who thinks it's preordained that the Forum Blue and Gold will be the West's representative in the Finals. No fewer than two coaches and three personnel guys at the Detroit-Indiana series had the same reaction within seconds of hearing that the league was only fining Malone $7,500: You know who they want in the Finals.

How can I counter that argument?

Believe me, I want to.

I know how hard the refs work, and when they do make mistakes, it's because they're human beings, not because they have a Nassau on the road team. I know the commish always points out that fixing games is a felony that would subject a lawyer such as himself to disbarment. But how on earth can Malone skate when the Kings' Anthony Peeler did the exact same thing to Kevin Garnett eight days ago, and (rightly) was deactivated for two games -- including the decisive Game 7 of the Minnesota-Sacramento series? I don't think Malone should have gotten two games, but he had to get one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/columns/story?columnist=aldridge_david&id=1808516

flip saunders infuriates me... he's so dense, so stupid... game 1 they had problems scoring due to double teams of KG... hassell, who is a good defender but just awful on offense, gets into early foul trouble in game 2, forcing saunders to turn to poor defender but dead eye shooter wally szczerbiak. having the shooter in the game means the lakers can't double on KG off of wally 'cause of his shooting ability, and the lakers get crushed, and KG looks like the MVP again...

so here we are in game 2? trent hassell starts again... un-friggin-believable.

You best book a flight for the Twin Cities, cause I guarantee Hassel will set foot on the floor tomorrow night.

I found it rather ironic that when the Lakers were called for a foul with less than 30 seconds left in the 1st quarter it was noted that it was their 1st team foul of the game. The refs should just dress in Royal Purple and Chablis Gold.
Interesting that the Lakers shot 43 FT's and the Wolfies shot 14.

somewhere rick adelman is crying... don cheney is sulking... the coach from south bend high school in Hoosiers is wiping away the tears... for none of them can claim to be the most clueless coach of all time any longer... that title now sits on the shoulders of flip saunders... wear it proud flip. wear it proud.

Last edited:
szczerbiak finally gets in the game with 4:30 to go in the 1st, and minnesota's offense opens up because they now can't double KG like they could when hassell was in the game... it is so shit simple, and it has worked every time, yet flip is still stuck on friggin hassell. ponderous... f'ing ponderous.

Back
Top Bottom