Your pick to win the NBA Championship.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
jason richardson's incredible blocked shot...

what a game what a game
Dude, you either woke up way too early or are coming in from being out way too late, but Golden State didn't make the playoffs. I assume you mean Richard "George" Jefferson:wink:

Anyway, that was some game (and a half). The Nets gave the Pissed-ons every opportunity to steal a win with missed FTs, shot clock (or as Al Michaels would say, "play clock") violations, but in the end they hit a few freebies and sealed the deal. Scalabrini's save was amazing, great hustle from a guy who usually rides the pine (I'm surprised Lawrence Frank doen't start him, figure he'd have a soft spot for redheads).
And what was with the refs and all the whistles? You could have fielded quite a team with players who fouled out. And talk about a coach getting too much leeway, Larry Brown argues after the refs correctly reverse a NJ charge to a Det blocking foul when the Williamson is clearly inside the circle, next time down there is anobvious charge on the Pissed-ons and they give him a make-up call and call the block. And he should have been T'd up for heading downfloor and yelling at Lawrence Frank. He'll probably start looking for a new job Monday, never likes to stay very long...didn't he just say he would love to coach the Knickerbockers?

Dude, you either woke up way too early or are coming in from being out way too late, but Golden State didn't make the playoffs. I assume you mean Richard "George" Jefferson

sigh... doh...

drunken postings... they are a bitch.

and that would be "comming in from being out way too late," as opposed to "waking up way too early"

yes... the lakers won. the spurs just couldn't over-come that game 5... but i still wonder why in the heck you keep calling them a young, immature team? bowen, parker, ginobili, rose and willis all have one nba ring, duncan and popovich have two, robert horry has 5. turkoglu has gone deep into the playoffs with the kings, and ward had been to two nba finals and was a key participant in those knick-heat wars of the mid 90s.

the spurs didn't lose due to inexperience or immaturity... they lost 'cause the fancy hollywood fakers finally came together and played as a team just long enough to pull it out. if they can play that way for at least 8 more games, they should win the title... but they've been so up and down all year, that ya really can't bet on 'em, but ya can't bet against 'em either.

the kings have always had the "soft" label on them, and it was well deserved. so i guess now they feel that acting like a bunch of punks will make them "not soft." riiight... you don't lose the soft label by pushing people in the back or throwing elbows at the other teams best player in an attempt to get him ejected... you do it by not choking in game 7... which i still expect them to do.

The majority of players with the one ring got it last year.
Aside from Timmay, how old are their key players?
Parker? 20?
Ginobli? 21?
Turkeyglue? 24?
Nesterovic? 25?

The key components are young players, they lost a ton of leadership when Robinson retired, tried to add a veteran playoff tested presence with the Fresh Prince and he shot horribly, he is probably headed for retirement.
Did you see game 6. Their 4th quarter shot selection was atrocious, they looked confused and befuddled, and this Laker team's strong point is not thgeir Defense.

As for the Kings... Al and Doc think Brad Miller is the second coming of Bill Laimbeer or something. They're only advantage is they are playing a team in Minny that doesn't display much toughness either, unless one of them is up against PJ Carlessimo.

if they should've they would've... the lakers always had the better talent, they just played like a bunch of jackasses for the majority of the season... everyone knew that if they ever put it together they'd be very hard to beat... some of us, myself included, didn't think they ever would put it together... but alas, i doubted zen master phil, and zen master phil hath triumphed once again. damn him... damn him to hell... damn him unless jerry buss choses kobe over zen master phil and his lovely g/f (who happens to be buss' daughter), and zen master phil comes back to coach the team he won his first two of his eleven championships with, then i love the zen master :wink:

knicks.jpg

Boy the Zen master looks young in that photo. That was before color film was invented right. Maybe even before color was invented.

improving your "toughness" comes with a price!

I went to a Timberwolves "sponsor" Easter brunch a few years ago and won a pair of autographed Anthony Peeler shoes. If I remeber correctly, they weren't worth the shipping and handling if I tried to pst them on E-Bay.

"It's Game 7, man. That's it. It's for all the marbles," Garnett said. "Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war."

:uhoh: :rolleyes: :shame: :blahblah: :down:

KG was the man, the rest of the team didn't do much and they're doomed vs the Fakers if they don't get help elsewhere, even with home ice, but how friggin' close to dropping was Webber's trey at the buzzer. If that game goes OT, Kings advance.
Looks like Lakers/Pacers in the finals to me.

IT was a AWESOME night.

I walked into the bar, ordered dinner, and sat (by myself) in front of THREE TV's.

Alou smacked a 10th inning, game winning homer. Wolves (KG) got their fourth quarter on, and then the Flames wrapped up the series in game six.

I am in a good mood today!

GO WOLVES!

I'm glad I was at The Who last night instead of watching that game, couldn't have been too exciting.
But the Pacers are gonna roll the Pissed-ons

good news for you zoney... 74-59 minnesota midway through the 4th...

and i must say once again... shaq is absolutely horrendous. if he doesn't get the foul calls, he has no game anymore. he used to be able to go around people. he never had moves, but he was so big and so quick that it didn't matter... now he's not quick anymore, and if he can't just bully his way throug someone, he's horrific to watch.

Back
Top Bottom