your OTHER favorite band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Live.......no competition

although ReM, the beatles the stone roses and the foo fighters all really turn me on musically sometimes..

...and i wanna be a duran duran fan, are they worth gettin into, hav they got a best of

depends on the day really.... but my standbys are always:

Garbage (definite #2)
Alice in Chains
Guns n Roses

But then again I listen to stuff like Billy Joel, Stevie Wonder and George Winston just as often.

INXS
Depeche Mode

Depending on what I'm feeling at the moment, I tend to like one more than the other.

I am not really sure. At times I say its different groups, but if I had to pick I would say its one of the following:

Idlewild
Radiohead
Dave Matthews Band

who know this list could change tomorrow.

I'm sensing a trend:

A lot U2 fans also enjoy Coldplay, REM, and Radiohead.

For me, in order is:

1. U2 (no band comes close)

Coldplay
The Beatles
Crosby, Stills, and Nash
The Police/Sting
The Smashing Pumpkins
Stone Temple Pilots
Fleetwood Mac
Delirious?
John Mayer
Oasis
Toto
The Zombies
Cranberries

The Church is my hands down favorite band.

Then comes Isidore. Only one CD out, but I'm pretty sure I'll like whatever they do as I like pretty much everything the guys in Isidore have done in other incarnations (oh, and the singer for Isidore is also the singer for ...yup...The Church! :rolleyes: ). But Isi's very good.

Next is Art of Fighting and Gersey. Each only have two cds out, but I like what I've heard from both bands so far. Loads of potential in both.

After that I just pick out favorite albums...no other bands I really love consistantly.

intedomine said:
Live.......no competition

although ReM, the beatles the stone roses and the foo fighters all really turn me on musically sometimes..

...and i wanna be a duran duran fan, are they worth gettin into, hav they got a best of

I am a huge Live fan too. Live is my "other favorite band".

IWasBored said:
i try not to have a favorite band because something happens--a show, an album, whatever--and i have to change my mind.

That's the same with me.

I'm back into VNV Nation at the moment though. Not, come to think of it, that I'm ever really not!

im not sure, but i think it could be broken social scene or wilco. radiohead being my favourite.

U2

Led Zeppelin
Radiohead
Guns N' Roses
Weezer
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Oasis
Ben Folds
PJ Harvey
REM
The Clash
Dropkick Murphys
The Pogues
The Beatles

that's the list at the moment. Honorable mentions to The Who, Ryan Adams, Coldplay, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Flogging Molly, Ramones...

Back
Top Bottom