Your neighbors' music listening habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
My downstairs neighbor is currently listening to 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins. And he is singing. Badly. :uhoh:

On the positive side, this certainly beats the 311, Puddle of Mudd, and Linkin Park he usually listens to.

So please, feel free to complain about (or praise) your neighbors' listening habits here.

Oh my god. I've had all the neighbors with horrible musical tastes. My sophomore year, the girls in the dorm next to us listened to nothing but Britney, 'Nsync, Mariah Carey and Ricky Martin. When my roommate and I got really pissed at them, we blasted a tape of 80s cheese metal she had made--quiet riot, ratt, etc. I'm sure they loved that!

My first year in my apartment, the guy downstairs was obsessed with Nirvana. He also played guitar, so he would sing Nirvana songs constantly. Drove me fucking nuts, and almost made me hate the band. He also blasted lots of Counting Crows (ugh) and too this day, hearing Mr. Jones makes me want to kill someone. That same year, the girls above me listened to lots of Lionel Ritchie.

My one roommate listened to lots of Avril and Eminem....

:mad:

My neighbor has a really awesome stereo. I am just really jealous:eyebrow: So anything he plays pisses me the frick off!:evil:

my nieghbors must die.

all that john mayer, jason mraz, counting crows, goo goo dolls shit was bad enough. that's basically what they listen to 99% of the time. and that one 50 cent song. the one about many men. oh how i hate that song. the ultimate low was the night they were listening to the spice girls. :crack:

last year i had some fucktard blasting the darkness 'i believe in a thing called love' over and over. they'd angle the speakers out the window like everyone else wanted that song on repeat. i was using a shitty pair of headphones as speakers with the volume turned up, and there were days where i couldn't even hear my music over theirs. this same fucktard went through similar coldplay and van halen phases.

one night i heard some girls listening to dropkick murphys 'kiss me i'm shitfaced', and i stuck my head in the door to tell them i approved of their choice in music (hey, i wasn't that arrogant about it, i was in fact dorky enough that they gave me a wierd look and didn't even dignify my comment with a response). but that's not exaclty what i'd call great DKM...now if i heard someone blasing the extended dance mix of 'pipebomb on lansdowne', i'd be their best friend. :wink:

everyone else who's music invades my earspace on a regular basis listens to standard mainstream rap :down:

my neighbour lissens to old indian songs at fullblast almost all the time and he has the worst stereo man has ever invented so the songs sound more like shouting!! i did do sumthin to get baq at him...put speakers up both my bedroom windows and blasted out the worst cd i could find....rickymartin
:wink:
that showed him:)

please, don't talk about that :|

my neighbors listen a lot of crappy music... Britney, Coldplay (but just one song (Clocks) over and over again!), mexican shit music... sometimes Barney :huh:, etc.

~LadyLemon~ said:
Oh my god. I've had all the neighbors with horrible musical tastes. My sophomore year, the girls in the dorm next to us listened to nothing but Britney, 'Nsync, Mariah Carey and Ricky Martin. When my roommate and I got really pissed at them, we blasted a tape of 80s cheese metal she had made--quiet riot, ratt, etc. I'm sure they loved that!

My first year in my apartment, the guy downstairs was obsessed with Nirvana. He also played guitar, so he would sing Nirvana songs constantly. Drove me fucking nuts, and almost made me hate the band. He also blasted lots of Counting Crows (ugh) and too this day, hearing Mr. Jones makes me want to kill someone. That same year, the girls above me listened to lots of Lionel Ritchie.

My one roommate listened to lots of Avril and Eminem....

:mad:

good heavens you poor thing!!! that's horrid!!!!! hopefully when i go to college my roommate/neighbors will loathe the mainstream as much as i do.

The kids behind us had a birthday party a few months back and were blarring "Kidz Bop" all day long. (For those who don't know "Kidz Bop" is when they have squeaky-voiced children cover songs by Beyonce, Britney, Christina and so on).

When I lived in the dorms at school, there was a room of guys who lived across the hall... I loved them because their music playlist was almost the exact same as mine!

In fact, one Saturday afternoon I had just listened to Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" and they played, not 5 seconds after my song was finished, "Cold Hard Bitch"

Silly me, I never actually went over and met them :huh:

dsmith2904 said:
The kids behind us had a birthday party a few months back and were blarring "Kidz Bop" all day long. (For those who don't know "Kidz Bop" is when they have squeaky-voiced children cover songs by Beyonce, Britney, Christina and so on).

:crack:

I live in a dorm. My next door neighbor is cool. He plays U2, Bowie, Modest Mouse, Blue Man Group. Oh, and Ben Folds, Darren Jesse. Go past that, though.... I get this one room that plays EVERYTHING really loud. Sometimes it's good, Van Morrison, etc. But most of the time it's 50 Cent or in one weird night the Backstreet Boys. Full volume. In guys' dorm. In 2004. Mostly people here play country and rap. People probably think I'm fucking weird though. At its loudest, it's usually U2, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys, The Pogues, Tom Waits, The Clash, Ben Folds, Radiohead, and Johnny Cash. Oh and Bob Marley. So I'm moslty inconsistant, except for the celtic reocurring thing.

My place is blissfully quiet, I got so lucky. :happy:

At my last apartment in TN I lived above some frat boys who blasted Phish bootlegs ALL THE TIME. I could not move out fast enough. :mad: I would now like to recite one of the songs they played most often, in tribute to those awesome young men.

Let's go out to dinner and see a movie
Let's go out to dinner
And see a movie

oh yeah! :dance: :dance: :dance:

One of my neighbours just picked up Guitar! But the guy doesn't even know the first thing about playing... so you can just imagine all the WONDERFUL sounds (or rather noises)! Wanna learn a new instrument? fine... just don't drag the bloody thing to the backyard everytime you decided to practice!:mad:

Just last thursday night, they kept me up till 5am blasting dance/techno music from that haunted backyard.

Jerry Douglas used to be my neighbor when I lived in Nashville, TN. Every now and then Allison Kraus would go over and jam. Sometimes he had jam sessions with Larry, but not at his house :(

bayernfc said:

I hear He's quite a Clash/Strummer fan... i wouldn't mind that at all!! :wink:

i've got a couple idiots with a clash poster on their wall down the hall from me. you'd think that maybe just ONCE i'd hear something good blasting down the hallway...but no...they're EMO!!!!! :mad: my clash poster is cooler than their clash poster :madspit:

IWasBored said:

i've got a couple idiots with a clash poster on their wall down the hall from me. you'd think that maybe just ONCE i'd hear something good blasting down the hallway...but no...they're EMO!!!!! :mad: my clash poster is cooler than their clash poster :madspit:

I've seen EMO teens walking around with clash t-shirts.... glad i'm not the only one who doesn't see the connection!

bayernfc said:

I've seen EMO teens walking around with clash t-shirts.... glad i'm not the only one who doesn't see the connection!

yeah, i've seen that too...at shows here...they're the reason the pit always sucks.

Luckily, I have no neighbors within earshot. :)

Speaking of John Cusack and the Clash, anyone think that Cusack could play a decent Strummer, at least visually, if someone did a Clash or Strummer biopic?

UnforgettableLemon said:
Speaking of John Cusack and the Clash, anyone think that Cusack could play a decent Strummer, at least visually, if someone did a Clash or Strummer biopic?

:hmm:

I've got the coolest Indian family on one side and often they blare the TOTP Sitar Hits of maybe Now. If they weren't such awesome people I'd have kneecapped them by now :D

Then there is the pot smokers. Jesus Christ. Bon Jovi. Often.

:scream:

Then there is Don. Good lord. The guy has a 28,000 watt amp in his loungeroom and the most GodAwful bloody taste in music ever. It's a shame which makes me cry often. He listens to a lot of the crap which is already listed like Maroon 5, Creed etc. Cos of his stereo, the whole street listens too.

:crack:

My neighbours are terrible! They have awful musical tastes. They can hear things that I don't know about (and don't want to!). I can tell you that it scares me when by any chance, I can hear U2 playing on their radio (because I have, even if I don’t want to), which does not happen often. It gets truly weird associating them and U2. It doesn’t seem right!:eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom