Your neighbors' music listening habits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The guy behind me blasts KROQ and other mainstream rock, like Coldplay, Puddle of Mudd, etc., while he sits in his hot tub...at one in the morning :|

how many of you can say you have a nieghbor who plays simon and garfunkel really loud at 7am on a sunday?

:shifty:

i may or may not be talking about myself.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Speaking of John Cusack and the Clash, anyone think that Cusack could play a decent Strummer, at least visually, if someone did a Clash or Strummer biopic?

Interesting idea! He might pull it off (don't know how good he is with accents though!! :shrug: ).

IWasBored said:
how many of you can say you have a nieghbor who plays simon and garfunkel really loud at 7am on a sunday?

:shifty:

i may or may not be talking about myself.

S & G I could handle that early in the mornign. Since I was on the Crue Black until around 6 this morning, it would have helped me sleep. They were great, but geez there music makes me me sleepy. Especially "Scarborough Fair" (sp?), which is actually me fave song by them.

All my neighbors listen to is Eminem and all that other God Awful rap music (no offense to rap fans not my style). It drives me crazy... But of course nothing shuts them up more then a taste of Achtung Baby.:wink:

there's a family next to my house... the grandpa listens rancheras :yuck: and mexican corridos :|

al lot of kids here listen rap.... this place looks los angeles sometimes.. lol, I like rap, but i don't like stuff like eminen or 50 cent :down:.

the babysitter of the next door listen pop music and she sings awful.

IWasBored said:
I think that you're lucky. I woke up today hearing some kind of Madonna's awful disco mix, for 4 hours! Madonna would hate it herself. And this is how I come not to bear listening to her. I'm still trying to recover from that experience.

This morning it was Hey Ya coming from downstairs. I like Outkast, and I like Hey Ya, but not over and over and over on a Sunday morning.

My next door neighbour thinks he is THE Robbie Williams!

:scream:

...but whenever he starts his singing or jam-sessions he gets U2 right back at the loudest volume possible! :yes: :D

I've yet to hear my roommates play any music. (they probably hate me if they arent music fans...)

As for other neighbors, one of my really good friends lives in the room right under me. He plays some good stuff, but I rarely hear it. If i did hear it, I'd probably call down and tell him to turn it up :up:

UnforgettableLemon said:

S & G I could handle that early in the mornign. Since I was on the Crue Black until around 6 this morning, it would have helped me sleep. They were great, but geez there music makes me me sleepy. Especially "Scarborough Fair" (sp?), which is actually me fave song by them.

'bridge over troubled water', 'homeward bound', 'the boxer'

that is what i was listening to at 7am this morning. loudly.

i actually talked to my idiot emo clash poster-owning neighbor, i walked by her room and she was listening to dropkick murphys' 'forever'...i couldn't not say something. :up:

LostAtMoon said:

I think that you're lucky. I woke up today hearing some kind of Madonna's awful disco mix, for 4 hours! Madonna would hate it herself. And this is how I come not to bear listening to her. I'm still trying to recover from that experience.

:ohmy: that's pretty bad.

i was the one playing simon & garfunkel loudly at 7am :shifty: not my neighbors.

Yes, it is too bad. I've been in a bad mood until now (I had a headache but it's gone). This time it was Madonna (you can imagine how awful), but usually is someone I never heard. I think that they got those mixes from some kid on a disco.

I never hear my neighbors' music from inside my apartment - probably because I've always either got the TV or my own stereo going pretty loud! :wink: I vaguely remember hearing a Foreigner song being played really loud once when I was going down the hall past the apartment next to me. Sometimes on a nice day if I'm walking outside to the next building where the laundry room is I'll hear rap music playing from someone's open window.

i have lived near people who blast hip-hop music very loudly, so loudly i can hear it, they're not right next door, but i can still hear it!

COBL_04 said:

...consists entirely of DOOFDOOFDOOFDOOFDOOFDOOFDOOFDOOFDOOF combined with the lovely early-morning sounds of their hydroponics silently humming. :)

Yah, that sounds about right for me as well, I can't make out what it is other than the bass, it could be rap or dance music, I'm not sure :shrug:

Whatever it is, it sucks but thankfully ends around 11 most nights...

My flatmate plays shitty salsa music 24/7.
My neighbour on one side works during the day and plays Middle Eastern stuff at night sometimes.

Canadiens1160 said:
My flatmate plays shitty salsa music 24/7.
My neighbour on one side works during the day and plays Middle Eastern stuff at night sometimes.

:hug:

My neighbor plays his car stereo so loudly that the bass shakes the floor of my second-floor apartment when he comes home. I had the windows open last night and had to turn the TV up because his stereo drowned it out when he came home. Luckily he turns off the car right away, but he comes and goes a few times a day, so it's still annoying.

My freshman room-mate was the worst. He downloaded anything and everything even though he didn't know what it was and didn't listen to it. He had something like 12,000 illegal tracks and probably listened to the 100 most poppy and well known out of them, half of them weren't labelled correctly and he kept them wrong even when people would tell him it was wrong because he wouldn't be able to find it. His "knowledge" of music pissed me off so much because he knew nothing about what he was talking about, listened to so many bad covers without knowing who did it to begin with and trying to talk to him about music was just a nightmare, oh and he had huge Bose speakers...not a good idea, this encouraged other bad music offenders on the floor.

well i'm rooming with two of my best friends at college next year, and they both love screamo stuff, and while i handle it when im in their cars or working out (i even play in a semi-hardcore band with one of them)...im not going to want to listen to that every day, and they think they are just going to play it out loud without headphones :mad:

im going to need some sound-reducing headphones or i'll have to force them to use their own headphones:|

My neighbors (a few houses down) play music alot in their backyard and I can hear it, but it's not too loud and it's very nice to go in my backyard and listen to it, kinda a soft rock or rock.

Back
Top Bottom