Your name as it appears on your birth certificate and their meaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ana Catalina - Ana is of Hebrew origin and it means gracious (doesn't sound like me at all!) and Catalina is Greek and it means pure or virginal...

Megan Coleen.

I've heard of Megan meaning everything from "pearl" to "beautiful gem....sure, I'm a beautiful gem! :shifty:
Coleen means "girl."

Kristina Jean

(Kristina- -Greek Form of Kristen; follower of Christ )

(Jean--Celtic/Gaelic; God is Gracious)

Katherine Denise

*does research*

Katherine means "pure and beloved", and Denise means "wine and drama".

:hmm:

That sounds about right. :up:

Hayley - Hay Meadow... Form of HALEY. hero

Anne - graceful... form of ANNA, Gracious...

my surname is irish. thats all i can find out about it :p

so im a graceful hero of the hay meadow ;) :p

only my first name, Elizabeth, is on my birth certificate. i chose my middle name, Christine, at confirmation.

Elizabeth, a 4-syllable girl's name of Hebrew origin, means: Gods oath; dedicated.

Elizabeth's ethnic backgrounds include Scottish and English/Welsh. It's religious association is biblical (see Mt 3:1). Entertainers with this name include Elizabeth Cotten (Musicians), Elizabeth Montgomery (Television), Elizabeth Seal (Stage/Theater) and Elizabeth Taylor (Movies). Historical figures with this name include Elizabeth Barrett Browning (Art/Literature) and Ruler (World Leaders). It has religious backgrounds in Biblical and Saints.

Pamela - a strange name, apparently it has no ancient origin. It was made up by an author in the 19th century. I have seen it in baby name books with various meanings-
sweet like honey or a gift from the elves.

May- It was part of my grandmother's name. I've not looked it up in a name meaning book....probably a month of the year or a flower?

Pamela May...why, thank you:) My dear childhood friend gives me the full title. I like it when she does.

my name isn't listed in any baby books and there's no research that i can find about it. i've heard that my name is used different countries like brazil or france or some far off country i haven't heard of, but thats it.

icelle said:
my name isn't listed in any baby books and there's no research that i can find about it. i've heard that my name is used different countries like brazil or france or some far off country i haven't heard of, but thats it.

And what's your name again? :reject:

You see, I rarely leave Pleba so I don't really know everybody around here! :huh:

originally posted by Schmeg
I've heard of Megan meaning everything from "pearl" to "beautiful gem

It does mean "pearl". A lot of baby name books and websites say so.

icelle said:

I found it!!!!

Icelle = smooth talker, beautiful smile, motherly, firey passion! don't piss this gal off!

:up:

:wink: I love Siobban! But I didn't know it meant "Praise"! It's my favorite girl's name. some people have some nice name's here! but I'm not telling mine!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom