Your Music from BMG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Did anybody else get the invite from Your Music? The deal is that you maintain a CD queue/wish list on their website. And they'll ship you 1 CD a month from that list and bill you $5.99 for it including shipping. All CDs are $5.99. That sounds like a great deal to me! Of course they don't seem to have the albums of certain artists like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Rolling Stones etc. for some reason. It's pretty much the same database as BMG Music Service which I'm a member of. But I'm curious if anybody here has tried Your Music and been satisfied.

Your Music keeps me satisfied allllllllll night long. :wink:

Okay, not really, I just wanted to say that. :| Looks like a good deal!

Zootlesque said:
:lol:

Was that an attempt at AC/DC's All Night Long or Oasis' Married With Children? :wink:

That depends. :flirt:

Hey, wasn't Married With Children an old sitcom?

Zootlesque said:
Of course they don't seem to have the albums of certain artists like The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, The Rolling Stones etc. for some reason.
i *think* all those artists are on EMI. you're only going to have access to artists/labels that are signed to BMG.

for that reason alone, i personally would pass on it.

Re: Re: Your Music from BMG

GibsonGirl said:

Hey, wasn't Married With Children an old sitcom?

I've heard of it... never watched it. But that Oasis song rules!

lmjhitman said:

i *think* all those artists are on EMI. you're only going to have access to artists/labels that are signed to BMG.

for that reason alone, i personally would pass on it.

:hmm: yeah... but they do have all of Radiohead, Pearl Jam, U2, DM, REM, Led Zep... some of my favs. :heart: ...for $5.99. :drool:

Re: Re: Re: Your Music from BMG

Zootlesque said:
:hmm: yeah... but they do have all of Radiohead, Pearl Jam, U2, DM, REM, Led Zep... some of my favs. :heart: ...for $5.99. :drool:
go for it then, i guess.

i've found that music clubs generally stick with the tried and true musicians and don't take a chance on newer artists. they never have the bands i like or newer bands, who are usually on smaller labels.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Your Music from BMG

lmjhitman said:

newer bands, who are usually on smaller labels.

That may be true! Or they take forever to add new CDs. HTDAAB is the only U2 album still not listed on Your Music or BMG. American Idiot is not listed either. :huh:

Timmy, they only ship within US and it's territories. :|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your Music from BMG

timothius said:

If the current government has their way this time next year Australia will be. :happy:

how much do you buy CDs for usually? or is it all mp3s? :wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your Music from BMG

Zootlesque said:

how much do you buy CDs for usually? or is it all mp3s? :wink:

I usually buy records where possibly. But occasionally I buy CD's they are around the $20 price point give or take $5.

Major retailers seem to sell them fro $30... but I know where to look. :wink:

$5 is just :drool:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your Music from BMG

timothius said:

$5 is just :drool:

Well... you're talking about Australian dollars right? I'm not sure how much the equivalent for USD 5.99 is. :hmm:

*goes to check*

edit: Okay, I checked. USD 5.99 = AUD 8.02

So if you pay AUD 20, you're paying like USD 15 which is very close to the listed price in most of the stores here. Although, if you really look.. certain albums go on sale for 9.99 every now and then. The best deals seem to be online though. I have taken full advantage of the 50% and 60% off sales on my BMG account.

unosdostres14 said:
People still pay for music?

I was just gonna address this myself. More often than not, I prefer buying the original CDs just so I can get the liner notes and also support the artist. I don't like to have all my music in the computer or in burnt CDs. Opening a brand new pre-recorded CD and giving it the first spin definitely gives me a certain high. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom