Your Most Annoying Sounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Just for something different...

I've got two at the moment - my brother makes this noise that sounds like a balloon deflating which is extremely annoying but I also hate the noise of a dial-up modem - which I unfortunately I still have.

E tu?

you wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

EEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

[/ilovedumbanddumber]

Jim20Carey20Dumb.gif

the sound of nails being hammered in the middle of the morning
the sound of nails on chalkboard
the sound of metal being scraped on the sidewalk (ex. aluminum can being dragged on the cement)

I guess I get irritated easily :wink:

People scraping forks&knives into a plate :mad: nails on a blackboard ugh :|

smoke alarms :angry:

high peeps :madspit:

when something gets stuck in the wash (or else some dumbass is laundering their tennis shoes)...and it makes the clunking noise every other second louder and louder. :angry: :madspit:

but i'm too lazy to just get up and adjust the stuff.

also my alarm, although that's an obvious one...it's across the room because i don't have a free outlet by my bed. so in order to hit the snooze button at least 3 times as I do, I have to crawl to the end of the bed and reach across to hit it. It's sort of far, if you wanted to see a funny sight, it's me falling or almost falling off the bed reaching for the clock, every 9 minutes. I'm not in a good place in the mornings.

Anyway I hate that godawful alarm-ish sound. And if you try to sleep through it, it starts messing with your mind. All the beeps start meshing together and becoming one continuous sound that seeps into your brain and becomes a part of your existance.

:crazy:

I hate it when I slightly scrap my nail on anything metal and it just emits this tiny little noise...I can't stand it it bugs me for many moments after it happens

And I guess I must have highly sensative ears, because I can hear a really low humming when anything is left on, like a television ( I know some other peopel can hear it too) but I can't stand the noise, really, like if a teacher leaves a tv on after we watch a video, and starts talking and it's just that blank screen, but I can steal hear the noise I start to go crazy, and I get really close to begging my teacher to turn it off, but then someone else will or the bell will ring, and I'm fine

:shifty: i'm not crazy

oh, and when I first started my job, the oven made that sound, and for like the first two weeks I worked there I thought I was going to have to quit because I was getting terrible headaches, but I eventually got used to the sound...I've been working there two years now :D

JCOSTER said:
May sound strange but I hate and cant stand the sound of crinkling bags like when you reach in a potato chip bag :huh:

Not strange at all. I HATE that noise, especially when I'm trying to watch TV and my Dad or Mum is sitting there, crumpling the chip bag, oblivious to my absolute irritation!

VertigoGal said:

Anyway I hate that godawful alarm-ish sound. And if you try to sleep through it, it starts messing with your mind. All the beeps start meshing together and becoming one continuous sound that seeps into your brain and becomes a part of your existance.

:crazy:

:lmao:!!!

so so true!

Hey Harry, wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? :wink:

BonosBaby12 said:
When someone slurps when they eat or smacks their lips

YES:mad: I HATE THAT! I hate the sound of a dog licking its paws too:mad: that is so annoying:madspit:

nails on chalkboard

people snuffing snot back up thier damn nose...blow your nose people
:mad: !!!

bono_212 said:

And I guess I must have highly sensative ears, because I can hear a really low humming when anything is left on, like a television ( I know some other peopel can hear it too) but I can't stand the noise, really, like if a teacher leaves a tv on after we watch a video, and starts talking and it's just that blank screen, but I can steal hear the noise I start to go crazy, and I get really close to begging my teacher to turn it off, but then someone else will or the bell will ring, and I'm fine

I can hear that as well! I hate that noise too. Everyone thinks that I'm crazy but if I walk within 15m of our TV and I can hear it very quitely humming, it drives me nuts.

Also, I've listened to my MP3 player quite a bit, So I get ringing in my ears from time to time.

A tape recorded rewinding. I couldn't sleep last night so I used my meditation tape that my counsellor gave me and I was getting upset cos I couldn't get to sleep and I had to rewind it to listen to it again and that woke me up!

My next-door neighbors turning on their hydroponic setup at 11pm when I'm trying to sleep cos I've got an extremely important exam the next morning!

Snoring.
Water dripping/draining when it's not supposed to.
Refrigerator vibrating dishes/stuff around it.
My dog barking in her sleep.
Politicians, in general.
Alarm Clocks.
The beeps the Emergency Alarm System broadcasts before a test.
Someone slurping cereal.
The neighbor working on a LOUD car motor.

Mosquitoes...

People biting their nails...

Scratching on a blackboard...

Or scratching on a plate with a fork for that matter...

*shivers* :|

Oh and snoring, yes, very annoying!!

I forgot.... motorcycles. I HATE MOTORCYLCES, most of them at least. Or the ones where the motors are ridiculously loud and the drivers feel the need to rev the shit out of them. I had a neighbor that used to do it for what seemed like hours. Plus - after going to Bike Week in Laconia with my husband one year (who in fact, is a biker too) - it was just motors, 24-7. Whenever I hear one, I just instantly bristle.

Bones cracking. It's a bit difficult living with someone who has knees that make horrific popping noises.

People munching on gulping loudly especially when they are sitting right next to me in a place like a library or cinema.

Back
Top Bottom