Your Height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5'10"

Not too tall...

Not too short...

biggrin.gif

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

5'2"
(If you stand in front of me at a concert, I will hunt you down and make you pay.)

------------------
A song is a beautiful lie

Originally posted by meegannie:
5'2"
(If you stand in front of me at a concert, I will hunt you down and make you pay.)

yeah!

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Originally posted by z edge:

What in the hell is this?
They combined?????

I'm not sure if I am going to allow this...

'Tis only until John heads back to Virginia...but let's not think about that yet!!!
smile.gif

*BC snuck into drgn's wallet and found his license...it says he's 5'11"...BC thinks that is still too tall...*
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I can lose myself...you I can't live without..."

John & Katherine

5'2 3/4"

That must have looked really interesting when I smooched D. Hmmm. I'm wondering if the laws of physics apply in my house...

I'm a six foot tall girl so it's not just girls with Dutch genes! Though I have heard that the Dutch are the biggest people in the world. I do have a European background, and my whole family is tall. People always say "you're so nice and tall" but most of them are apparently not aware of the billions of disadvantages, at least if you're female.

Oh and you know what? If you short girls, or short anyone, get stuck behind me at a concert, you can just quit complaining! You have it good in a lot of other ways and there have to be a few advantages to being excessively tall!

biggrin.gif

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 05-20-2002).]

6'1-6'2 in there somewhere

I've grown a bit since I checked last apparantly

"you can be crap on guitar, just don't be so tall"

finally some people feel my 6' pain!

here's my rant:
*pants are far too short, only special and expensive pants fit, so all i own is 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of khakis
*sleeves of shirts are too short too, thus my sleeves are always shoved halfway up my arms
*only tall shoes exist
*my biggest pet peeve of all is PEOPLE I'VE NEVER MET, AND WILL NEVER MEET AGAIN, ASK ME HOW TALL I AM!!! i think to myself, wtf?!? why do you care how tall a stranger is! people in the gas station, people in the store, everyone!

everyone says they wish they were my height, but it's really really not so. i HATE being tall. so people say i could be a model...I'M NOT, so i have no real advantages...

o yeah, one more thing. just because i'm tall it doesn't mean i play basketball or volleyball. I AM A 6' GYMNAST SO LEAVE ME ALONE!

anyone with me here?

*end rant*

Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
5'2 3/4"

That must have looked really interesting when I smooched D. Hmmm. I'm wondering if the laws of physics apply in my house...

Other people have questioned that, haven't they?
biggrin.gif
Besides, it's not like we were standing every time we smooched...

*whistles innocently*

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
finally some people feel my 6' pain!

here's my rant:
*pants are far too short, only special and expensive pants fit, so all i own is 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of khakis
*sleeves of shirts are too short too, thus my sleeves are always shoved halfway up my arms
*only tall shoes exist
*my biggest pet peeve of all is PEOPLE I'VE NEVER MET, AND WILL NEVER MEET AGAIN, ASK ME HOW TALL I AM!!! i think to myself, wtf?!? why do you care how tall a stranger is! people in the gas station, people in the store, everyone!

everyone says they wish they were my height, but it's really really not so. i HATE being tall. so people say i could be a model...I'M NOT, so i have no real advantages...

o yeah, one more thing. just because i'm tall it doesn't mean i play basketball or volleyball. I AM A 6' GYMNAST SO LEAVE ME ALONE!

anyone with me here?

*end rant*

Yep. I hear you on every single one of these, or almost. The basketball question is the stupidest. I was always bad at basketball! And the clothes thing, and the fact that most guys seem to be scared of you or something. Or they think you did it (being tall) on purpose!

------------------
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
The basketball question is the stupidest. and the fact that most guys seem to be scared of you or something. Or they think you did it (being tall) on purpose!

first, i'd have to say I'm sorry...cause I'm kinda guilty of the basketball question myself. Second, guys aren't scared of tall women, we're just not used to talking/dating a girl that's taller than we are. That's probably why we come out with the basketball question, I guess it's something to break the ice? Don't hate your height, just use it and your abilities to there fullest....damn, this is sounding like an after school special!
anyway, take care and don't be to hard on yourselves.

------------------
"Talent without discipline, is wasted."

sadly i'm only 5'2"
i like to say i'm an extra 1/2 inch taller to make myself feel better.
it doesn't always work
frown.gif

Originally posted by daafish:
first, i'd have to say I'm sorry...cause I'm kinda guilty of the basketball question myself. Second, guys aren't scared of tall women, we're just not used to talking/dating a girl that's taller than we are. That's probably why we come out with the basketball question, I guess it's something to break the ice?

first, learn from your mistakes. i'm sure most tall girls are a bit annoyed with the whole basketball thing.

second, i'd think talking to tall girls would be good for the neck...full range of motion and whatnot..

first, learn from your mistakes. i'm sure most tall girls are a bit annoyed with the whole basketball thing.

second, i'd think talking to tall girls would be good for the neck...full range of motion and whatnot..

You say that as if he'd be looking at your eyes in the first plays...his head is going to be tilted down regardless.

6'2"

6'

a giant for a girl...stupid dutch genes

Wanna start the 6' tall girl club? We'll take over the planet I tell you!

------------------
It's like lotto - you gotta be in it to win it.

Keepin it krunk...

MSU2mike? from east lansing? i'm from grand rapids. hi.

notiti, i'm in. then we can all go places as a group, and make other people feel SHORT instead of us feel TALL.

hi, my name is laura, and i'm a 6' tall girl...

everyone: hi laura.

5'6''

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

5'9"

whats that about dutch ppl being the longest? did any of u miss the massai program on discovery? i wouldnt really know where ppl would be the longest but if the dutch population is worlds longest..
this thread made me think of this: i have this faint memory of reading/hearing something about inside heating. according to that source ppl with inside heating will be longer (not in one lifetime but over some generations) than ppl in warm countries with lots of 'outside heating'.
but of course theres always exceptions, could be that all dutchies outside of my province are so much taller than the ppl here that we get a higher average...

[This message has been edited by Shirley (edited 05-24-2002).]

i'm 5'7" or 8?? i have no clue. every time i get measured (yes, always without shoes) it's different. one time someone said i was 5'4"!
eek.gif

my husband (doctor gonzo) is 5'11" and i'm as tall as him in my 3-4" shoes, but otherwise i'm about at his shoulders.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: and yes, i wish i was taller.
biggrin.gif

(i've been editing my posts too much today...)

[This message has been edited by KhanadaRhodes (edited 05-24-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom