Your Favorite/Strongest Pain Reliever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Lately I've been hobbling around like an 80 year old man. I don't know what I did to myself. In any case my hip seems to not want to work anymore and is causing me a ton of pain. Last night was so bad that I could not walk at all. So with that, I present to you my question. What do you take or do when you are experiencing a ton of pain?

:laugh:

If you do happen to try Aleve, make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach.

I hope you feel better soon :hug:

When I did gymnastics I never took anything for muscle or joint pain b/c then I'd get even more injured. For PMS (migraines, cramps, etc) I take naproxen sodium, but not too much any more b/c it gives me chest pain.

Joint pain... ibuprofen works good - especially for my TMJ.

Other than that- I swear by tylenol. Alot of people underestimate how good it can work since it's over the counter. And also if you have the right dose.

Nurofen are the only painkilling tablets that work for my migraines.

1 tylenol extra strength AND 1 600 mg motrin.

Something about the combination of those two makes it a powerful painkiller. I used to take it all the time before the doctor told me to quit taking motrin.

Because of all the arthritis drugs I am currently on, I can't take anything stronger than Tylenol.

joint pain/back pain-Tylenol Arthritis Strength is good

I like the new Tylenol Rapid Release too

also a good non-pill thing is this stuff called Tiger Balm, for temporary pain relief

Tylenol. I have shingles, which can be damned painful at times, it's a viral inflammation of the nervous system. When this hurts, I raid the Tylenol. It's what works the best.

The strongest pain reliever I've had was morphine. It is excellent, as is demerol.

Over the counter? Advil/ibuprofen is my favourite.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i think i was on a morphine drip when i was in the hospital. if so, it helped, then they removed it. :mad:

Bastards.

When they took out my drip, they replaced it with Demerol, which isn't as strong, but it's still a much nicer thing than just taking the good stuff away!

I'm happy with Advil.

I cant really take anything stronger because it messes with my stomach :mad:

Pethidine :drool:

As for over the counter medications, I'm a bit into herbal thingies and a walk in the crisp air but if you're hips buggered thats not really an option. Is it a muscular pain? or in the joints?

anitram said:
Bastards.

When they took out my drip, they replaced it with Demerol, which isn't as strong, but it's still a much nicer thing than just taking the good stuff away!
yeah. :rant:

i think they just removed the iv altogether when they took me off the morphine, because i remember i wasn't on an iv when they took my x-rays. i was on the drip when i threw up though. it's all a blur to me and i remember things out of order. :drunk:

extra strength excedrin used to be my favorite for headaches, or cramps, but i had to lay off caffiene in general so i'm happy with advil now.

Cleasai said:
Lately I've been hobbling around like an 80 year old man. I don't know what I did to myself. In any case my hip seems to not want to work anymore and is causing me a ton of pain. Last night was so bad that I could not walk at all. So with that, I present to you my question. What do you take or do when you are experiencing a ton of pain?

Forget the pain pills and find a chiropractor. You'll thank yourself later.

I enjoy a good hip adjustment, and in a couple days, I'm back in business.

Melon

Glucosamine Chondrointin works wonders on joint pain.. takes a couple of weeks for you to really notice the difference, though.

In the meantime, melon's suggestion of a chiropractic adjustment is certainly something worth looking into. :up:

anitram said:
The strongest pain reliever I've had was morphine. It is excellent, as is demerol.

Funny. Morphine doesn't do much for me. I don't feel as if it helped my pain, and, at times, I felt hyper. I know that's not what it is supposed to do.

Of course, I believe that aspirin and ibuprofen are loosely related to it, and I'm completely allergic to both of those.

Now Vicodin...I love that.

Melon

melon said:

Funny. Morphine doesn't do much for me. I don't feel as if it helped my pain, and, at times, I felt hyper. I know that's not what it is supposed to do.

Of course, I believe that aspirin and ibuprofen are loosely related to it, and I'm completely allergic to both of those.

Now Vicodin...I love that.

Melon

Morphine gives me terrible hiccups and I tremble uncontrollably. It works the way its supposed to but the last time I had it, I had to ask the nurse to disconnect the pump and give me something else.

But Vicodin :up: :heart:

Vicodin... :drool:

I need to have two wisdom teeth pulled sometime this year, I think, and I'm hoping and praying I get another Vicodin prescription. I hung on to the extras last time and took them for bad headaches. One Vicodin and it's off to la-la land...ten hours later, I wake up headache-free.

Cleasai, have you tried a nice heat pack for your hip? I have herbal ones that I just warm up in the microwave and they work well for, say, neck pain.

Back
Top Bottom