Your favorite movie/tv quote to use in real life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

:lol:

More good Ferris Bueller lines:

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious." (I like to use this one on this board occasionally!)

"Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

"Pucker up buttercup."

It's amazing how good that movie is, considering Ferris Bueller is a complete self-centered asshole.

My favorite, "Well, with your bad knee Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anybody."

corianderstem said:

More good Ferris Bueller lines:

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious." (I like to use this one on this board occasionally!)

"Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

"Pucker up buttercup."

It's amazing how good that movie is, considering Ferris Bueller is a complete self-centered asshole.

"Cameron's so uptight, you could stick a lump of coal in his ass and in two weeks, you'd have a diamond."

I'm still convinced Sloane would end up with Cameron, it's bound to happen.

"What's the score?"

"Nuthin'-Nuthin'"

"Who's winning?"

"... the Bears."

My favorite part of that scene is that Harry Carey is announcing completely out of it in the background, "That's the first hit ......... for the Cubs ... since the 4th inning .......and the fourth hit ............. in the game."

No spoken words said:
I think I'm one of the few people I know of that just did not like Ferris Bueller all that much. Blasphemy, I guess, but, there it is.

I have a buddy who hated it. He described it as "Really weird."

I don't hate it. Just don't love it. It's not weird at all, not to me. Just not as memorable as it is to so many others. Then again, I worship the film "Time Bandits" and hardly anyone I know has seen it. So there's that shit.

Again, Arrested Development is fucking killing me....am watching it on DVD, first time seeing the eps since their original airings....good lord.

phillyfan26 said:
I've never seen Arrested Development. :reject:

Get your ass out of that chair and rent them now, or just torrent the entire series.

It's really one of the best comedies of all-time. I cannot stress this enough.

Smacky is good, but I get to call you Spokey, or are those too similar?

Too similar. Besides, BrightestStar calls me "Pokey". Wait, maybe you knew that and adapted it for Spokey. That has to be the case. Or is it? Or is this whole thing a plot????

Yes, yes it is a plot. Now it is ruined.

You are now Cheesedoodle.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm still convinced Sloane would end up with Cameron, it's bound to happen.

Hmm Cameron is too uptight. He's a great guy, but a girl's gotta love the trouble-maker...the one who won't stop at anything to have a good time. Just like the tagline says "One man's struggle to take it easy". That's why I chose Ferris. *hehe*

I bought my friend the Caduceus shirt Cameron is wearing in the scene when they prank call Rooney. It's funny, because when he and I were dating (he was obsessed with Ferris Bueller), he was Ferris, I was Sloane, and our friend, Roman, was Cameron. It was hilarious.

Cameron: Why'd you kick me?
Ferris: Where's your brain?
Cameron: I asked you first.
Ferris: How can we pick up Sloane if Rooney is there with her?
Cameron: I said for her to be there alone and you freaked.
Ferris: Now, I didn't hit you. I lightly slapped you.
Cameron: You hit me. Look don't make me participate in your stupid crap if you don't like the way I do it. You make me get out of bed, you make me come over here. You make me make a phony phone call to Edward Rooney? The man could squash my nuts into oblivion. And-and-and then, and then, you deliberately hurt my feelings.

Cameron singing: "When Cameron was in Egypts land. Let my Cameron go."

"Wanna gummy bear? They've been in my pocket for a while, so they're nice and warm."

"You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much. People think she's a whore. "

The singing nurse at the front door: "I heard that you were feeling ill, headache, fever, and a chill. I came to help restore your pluck, 'cause I'm the nurse who likes to..."

I quote The Office regularly (big surprise) and give Jim faces on a daily basis now.

I tend to burst into song more than I quote movies, unless singing music from Rent counts. :D

Man, I know there are a lot of movies and shows I quote, but I just can't think right now. :lol:

"You mocked me once. Never do it again! I died that day and you can die too for all I care!"
"Asss...yoooou...wiiiiish"
"Oh my sweet Wesley, what have I done?!"

And by far my favourite from Princess Bride:

"First things first - to the death."
"No, to the pain."
"I'm not sure I'm familiar with that phrase."
"I'll explain and I'll use small words so that you'll be sure to understand, you warthog faced buffoon."
"That may be the first time in my life a man has dared insult me."
"It won't be the last. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose. "
"And then my tongue I suppose. I killed you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don't mean to duplicate tonight."
"I wasn't finished. The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right."
"And then my ears, I understand let's get on with it."
"WRONG. Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever."
"I think you're bluffing."
"It's possible, pig. I might be bluffing. It's conceivable, you miserable, vomitous mass, that I'm only lying here because I lack the strength to stand. But, then again... perhaps I have the strength after all. ... Drop... your... sword!"

My brother and I used to see how much of the movie we could quote when we were on road trips to help pass the time. I think we actually made it through the entire movie, once! :lol:

Last edited:
:nerd: I quote movies/TV (and commercials) all the time!!

"How YOUUUUU doin'?" Joey on Friends

"What? What?" from A Shark's Tale"

"Did you rub my lamp?" - from Disney's Alladin

"Maybe I do wanna be a french fri....." from the BurgerKing Chicken Fri's commercial

The X-Files:

"If I were you guys, right now I'd be checking my shorts for cake. "

"One more anal-probing gyro-pyro levitating ecoplasm alien anti-matter story and I'm going to take out my gun and shoot somebody."

"Why is it that every time I think I know the answers, someone goes and changes the questions?"
:love:

There are some from Pretty In Pink that I use all the time. Even my kids say them now. :D

"I'm off like a dirty shirt"

"His name is Blane? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!"
(we have a friend named Blaine, use it all the time)

"May I admire you again today? "

"Come on, let's plow"

"Do I offend?"

Ooh, X-Files quotes ...

"Please explain to me the scientific nature of 'the whammy'." - Scully

Sloane Peterson said:

Hmm Cameron is too uptight. He's a great guy, but a girl's gotta love the trouble-maker...the one who won't stop at anything to have a good time. Just like the tagline says "One man's struggle to take it easy". That's why I chose Ferris. *hehe*

I bought my friend the Caduceus shirt Cameron is wearing in the scene when they prank call Rooney. It's funny, because when he and I were dating (he was obsessed with Ferris Bueller), he was Ferris, I was Sloane, and our friend, Roman, was Cameron. It was hilarious.

Cameron: I asked you first.
Ferris: How can we pick up Sloane if Rooney is there with her?
Cameron: I said for her to be there alone and you freaked.
Ferris: Now, I didn't hit you. I lightly slapped you.
Cameron: You hit me. Look don't make me participate in your stupid crap if you don't like the way I do it. You make me get out of bed, you make me come over here. You make me make a phony phone call to Edward Rooney? The man could squash my nuts into oblivion. And-and-and then, and then, you deliberately hurt my feelings.

Mr. Rooney... Ed... you're a beautiful man. I want to thank you for your warmth and compassion.

"We got ourselves a real bleeping dead alien."

"I didn't spend all those years playing Dungeons & Dragons without learning a little something about courage."

... and it's "Lots and lots of FILES."

<---anal retentive :wink:

corianderstem said:

... and it's "Lots and lots of FILES."

:lol: You're right. I'm confusing The Office with The X-Files. :wink:

A classic bit that I always quote parts of:

AMANDA: You know, that he's not from this planet.

MULDER: Were you abducted?

AMANDA: Huh? No, no, he dropped by my apartment one day, and one thing sort of led to another...

MULDER: But the baby's father is an alien?

AMANDA: No, no, I didn't say he was an alien, I said he was from another planet. His name is Luke Skywalker. He's what's known as a Jedi Knight.

SCULLY: Did he have a light saber?

AMANDA: No, he didn't bring it.

Another great episode:

SCULLY: You don't think that we should follow up on this?

MORRIS (as MULDER): Are you out of your pretty little mind?

SCULLY: Am I out of my mind? Mulder, you are out of your mind! What is up with you?! I'm thinking about having you examined for mental illness or-or drug use or... Or maybe a massive head injury! This is an X-File, your life's work, your crusade!

MORRIS (as MULDER): As I understand it, we're off the X-Files.

Bitch.

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom