Your favorite movie/tv quote to use in real life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gob is one of my favorite characters of all time. I love the scene where George Michael comes to see him at the boat, and he makes some woman dive overboard then causally tosses her a life preserver.....

No spoken words said:
Gob is one of my favorite characters of all time. I love the scene where George Michael comes to see him at the boat, and he makes some woman dive overboard then causally tosses her a life preserver.....

classic... I was just watching the one where he and Buster build "Tiny Town"...

GODZILLA! AHHH!

No spoken words said:

:up:

Taste my sad, Michael!

phillyfan26 said:

I've seen it a dozen times, but I've only seen half of the original. I feel like I'm breaking a number of rules having seen the sequel before the original.

I'm in Major League the original. I went to Milwaukee to be in the crowd scenes. Just my .15 seconds of fame.

I hate when you're asked questions that you know you've got great answers to but then you draw a blank.

But I do spout references to Arrested Development, and Furturama a lot. My most recent quoting obsession is Hot Fuzz.

My favorite AD moments have to involve Franklin or Mrs. Featherbottom, particularly when he tries to do the Mary Poppins umbrella entrance and falls through a glass coffee table.

Used when Mr. Blu has reprimanded one of our dogs & the other two are clammering to get behind me: 'Oh no! Daddy's gonna' kill Ralphie!' :lol:

And when I feel the need to curse, but am in polite company (or when kids are around): 'Bumpasses!!!' :madwife: :D

Finally, when watching UFC with Mr. Blu & one of the contestants is quickly taken out, either of us might quote: 'You got knocked the FUCK out!' :up:

"That's a shame", "george is getting upset! (Pepo is getting upset!)", "hey... no double dipping", and "serenity now" - SEINFELD

Mostly Simpsons stuff. a lot of "d'oh!"s, "That's my re-ward!"

Looooooooots of Blues Brothers quotes, now that I think of it.
"Dry White Toast" (in a Chicago accent)
"Four fried chickens and a coke!" (in a Southern accent)
"I've always loved you" (when the Nazis are falling to their doom)
My mom has always said "Mister man!" and it wasn't until recently that we realized it was from Blues Brothers...I say it too.
"The new oldsmobiles are in early this year"
"A lot of space in this mall"

From Spaceballs:
Ludicrous speed!

From Dr. Strangelove:
"The big board"...& "our precious bodily fluids"

Funny, I started out writing this thread thinking I didn't quote much from movies and such, but I guess I do.

ETA: Oh and just about any line from V for Vendetta.

"Nazis, I hate these guys" from my favorite movie, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Heeeeeey you guuuuuuuuys!!"

goonies%20sloth.jpg

Goonies rule
I've seen it a hundred times but it still cracks me up
"let go of the handle, I don't have the handle"
"kids suck"
"it looks fine to me"
"I'm fine" (must be said in a ball busting soprano voice"
best movie for quotes ever.

One for the Gilmore Girl fans that I love but is always greeted with strange looks is "oy with the poodles already" or "what happened to all the anvils?" I guess only Lorelei can pull it off.

cinnaminson said:
One for the Gilmore Girl fans that I love but is always greeted with strange looks is "oy with the poodles already" or "what happened to all the anvils?" I guess only Lorelei can pull it off.

My friends and I say GG lines to each other all the time, like "Copper Boom!"

So I got that going for me. Which is nice. - Caddyshack.
Also from Caddyshack - Hey, Lama.
I just don't dig on swine - Pulp Fiction.
Peanut Butter - Grandma's Boy.
Here's a fun fact... - Eurotrip.

Back
Top Bottom