Your favorite movie/tv quote to use in real life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wesley Snipes is actually the sports movie all-star. He's been in 2 films where was a baseball player, one where he was a football player, one where he was a basketball player, and one where he was a boxer. Eat that.

LemonMacPhisto said:

The fact that Wesley Snipes was replaced by Sports Movie All-Star Omar Epps and that Dennis Haysbert played a voodoo-worshiping outfielder before he played President Palmer kills me everytime I watch that movie. Plus Ilsa from Indy and Last Crusade plays Charlie Sheen's girlfriend.

The comedy is already in place before the movie even starts.

I've seen it a dozen times, but I've only seen half of the original. I feel like I'm breaking a number of rules having seen the sequel before the original.

No spoken words said:
Wesley Snipes is actually the sports movie all-star. He's been in 2 films where was a baseball player, one where he was a football player, one where he was a basketball player, and one where he was a boxer. Eat that.

But he was in The Fan... The Fan. :(

Omar Epps just cracks me up for some reason. Maybe it's because he's on House, and the only people I take semi-seriously are House and Cameron.

All 3 Major League movies are funny, even the Scott Bakula one.

"Oh boy."

Oh, I am not defending Snipes' films, just pointing out how many sports movies this guy has been in. I'm probably forgetting one. Plus, he's in Rising Sun with Sean Connery, so, that has to count for something.

Few things are more amusing that knowing the President of the US was once a Jobu worshipping baseball player who could not hit a curve ball. "If you no help me now, I say 'fuck you Jobu, I do it myself"

Whenever someone laughs at my jokes I love to quote Joe Pesci from Goodfellas and the famous "funny guy" scene.

Pesci:
"I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fucking amuse you? What do you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?"

"No, no I don't know. You said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me. Tell me what's funny."

BonoManiac said:
Whenever someone laughs at my jokes I love to quote Joe Pesci from Goodfellas and the famous "funny guy scene"

Pesci:

Do you eventually pull out a gun and shoot Spider in the foot, not knowing that Spider would end up on the Sopranos?

No spoken words said:
Oh, I am not defending Snipes' films, just pointing out how many sports movies this guy has been in. I'm probably forgetting one. Plus, he's in Rising Sun with Sean Connery, so, that has to count for something.

Few things are more amusing that knowing the President of the US was once a Jobu worshipping baseball player who could not hit a curve ball. "If you no help me now, I say 'fuck you Jobu, I do it myself"

Rising Sun is excellent :up:

I love the Asian guy taunting President Palmer after he switches to Buddhism.

"You ha' no... you ha' no... MARBRES! YOU HA' NO MARBRES!" (marbles)

I had a feeling.

I love the story Pesci tells that sets off the whole "what the fuck is so funny about me" incident.

"Bing, what are you still doing here? I thought I told you to go fuck your mother."

I often find myself quoting South Park more than anything else though. Recently it's been "Chaaaaaange? Can't anybody spare some chaaaaange?"

And I never pass up an opportunity to whip out an AR reference.

"White power! *shank*"

Lancemc said:
I often find myself quoting South Park more than anything else though. Recently it's been "Chaaaaaange? Can't anybody spare some chaaaaange?"

And I never pass up an opportunity to whip out an AR reference.

"White power! *shank*"

"I..am......white...."

I also like to make numerous references to Bob Loblaw's Law Blog and confuse the hell out of people at work. :wink:

i love those calm moments before the storm..
reminds me of beethoven...
you like beethoven ?...
Let Me play you some !!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :wink:

Well, 2 or 3 times a week I'm sure to tell someone they can trouble me for a nice warm glass of shut the hell up...does that count? There's an easy dozen good ones from Happy Gilmore anyway.

Oh and Major League 2 is highly underrated.

Lancemc said:
I also like to make numerous references to Bob Loblaw's Law Blog and confuse the hell out of people at work. :wink:

:up: I've been using C'MON! allot lately...

Bonochick said:
I also like using Jerry Seinfeld's, "That's a shame."

I'm a fan of Hellloooo, Serenity Now!, These pretzels are making me thirsty, Sweet Fancy Moses! and calling people Magnificent Bastards...

Last edited:
inmyplace13 said:
"Forget the damn bird. Run, run!"

I forgot to mention that unless you do that in the James Gammon "Lou Brown" voice, it's not funny.

Something about his gruff delivery makes that phrase magical.

Back
Top Bottom