Your Favorite Composer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrMusk

The Fly
Simple, who is your favorite composer?

Mine: John Williams then Danny Elfman - however I'm not familiar with all the older classic composers etc.

hey who has soulseek and classical music that i could "borrow" - and Im new with classical music, so where is a good place to begin? The old stuff? Beethoven?

DrMusk said:
hey who has soulseek and classical music that i could "borrow" - and Im new with classical music, so where is a good place to begin? The old stuff? Beethoven?

I'm very bad with names here, and not overly knowledgeable. A good place to start would be with well known pieces of music that way you can familiarise yourself with what you most likely already know and learn who composed what.
I've got Soulseek, but no classical music in my folders so I dont have anything useful to share lol.
A few suggestions to start off with are:
Greig - "In The Hall Of The Mountain King"
Carmina Burana (Carl Orff) - "O Fortuna" (you will definately know this one! It was in Excalibur and Jackass The Movie-the slow mo scene with the shopping trolley)
Ravel - "Bolero" (one of the greatest pieces of music ever ice skated to in all time!!)

Tchaikovsky's Ballets are also good. Familiar and exceptionally beautiful. Look for any in Swan Lake ("Dance of the Little Swans") , The Nutcracker ("Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy", "Dance of the Reed Flutes") or even Sleeping Beauty. Perhaps if you like Tchaikovsky also "Romeo and Juliet Fantasy-Overture".

Back
Top Bottom