Your Favorite Bob Dylan Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisz25

War Child
I have so many but right now

Blowin' in the Wind
and
Like a Rolling Stone

Bob Dylan is the best!:drool:

Post yours!!!

This changes all the time for me.

Right now, I'd have to say "A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall" (both the acoustic, and the Rolling Thunder Revue versions)

But "Tangled up in Blue", "Desolation Row", "Like a Rolling Stone", and "Idiot Wind" are up there too.

positively 4th street

all the other dylan songs that i like are songs i prefer when others cover them. (mike ness doing "don't think twice it's alright", u2 or hendrix doing all along the watchtower, the stones doing like a rolling stone, etc)

"If You See Her, Say Hello"

There's no need to explain, nor to qualify, nor to debate. Calling it a masterpiece is hardly enough.

If you shout... said:
"If You See Her, Say Hello"

There's no need to explain, nor to qualify, nor to debate. Calling it a masterpiece is hardly enough.

Word up...I prefer the raw version on The Bootleg Series Vol.1-3, because the lyric change on Blood on the Tracks sounds totally awkward ("...who always has respected her/for doin' what she did" becomes "...who always has respected her/for gettin' out and gettin' free", or something close to that).

My personal favorite has been Jokerman ever since Dylan opened his Woodstock '94 set with it. The album version sounds a bit dated with the 80's production and Sly & Robbie, but I admire his foray into reggae, and all the live versions from that '94 tour just fucking kill. The lyrics are some of his most evocative too.

typhoon said:
"Simple Twist of Fate"

Lyrically, probably this. Musically it's a toss up between Like A Rolling Stone, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, and Highway 61 Revisited. (See a pattern emerging - best album ever!)

Man in the long black coat, blind willie mc tell, desolation row and above all Ballad of a thin man..

"Because something is happening here
But you don't know what it is
Do you, Mister Jones?"

Like a Rolling Stone
Masters of War
Positively 4th St
You're a Big Girl Now
Subterranean Homesick Blues

Masters of War, the entire song has so much feeling...the live version on the No Direction Home Soundtrack :drool:

It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) is another favorite. I love this line: "You lose yourself, you reappear
You suddenly find you got nothing to fear"

There are too many to choose, but I'll narrow it down to 10

-Idiot Wind
-Simple Twist of Fate
-If You See Her, Say Hello
-Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
-Like a Rolling Stone
-Desolation Row
-I Want You
-Gates of Eden
-My Back Pages
-A Hard Rains A-Gonna Fall