Your favorite albums of first quarter 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
u2popmofo said:
Yes, believe it or not, the first quarter of 2005 is already over. What are your favorite releases so far? I must know. I must know!!!!!!

Here are mine (no particular order):

The Decemberists - 'Picaresque'
Low - 'The Great Destroyer'
Bloc Party - 'Silent Alarm'
Doves - 'Some Cities'
M83 - 'Before the Dawn Heals Us'
Hot Hot Heat - 'Elevator'
Idlewild - 'Warnings/Promises'
Morrissey - 'Live at Earls Court'
Mogwai - 'Government Commissions: BBC Sessions 1996-2003'

Please God, do not mention Hot Hot Heat ever again!

Re: Re: Your favorite albums of first quarter 2005

dn9909 said:

Please douche, never post again!

Bloc Party......Silent Alarm
Bright Eyes......Wide Awake
Antony and the Johnsons......I Am a Bird Now
Lou Barlow..........Emoh
The Evens........The Evens

Looking forward to System of a Down in May!

Re: Re: Your favorite albums of first quarter 2005

dn9909 said:

hey dn99099909994356468725246879!!!

i'm seeing hot hot heat tomorrow!!! and i'm excited! :hyper:

the futureheads are opening! it'll be leik waaayyy kewl!!!

so, liek what do you think about THAT? huh? huh?

like what?

huh?

The Decemberists - Picaresque
Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
13 and God (notwist with themselves)

really digging that MIA Arular business
plus I've also quite enjoyed
Lemon Jelly - 64-95
Doves - Some Cities
Antony and the Johnsons

any other albums I'm not quite sure where to place 'em yet.

Re: Re: Re: Your favorite albums of first quarter 2005

lmjhitman said:

hey dn99099909994356468725246879!!!

i'm seeing hot hot heat tomorrow!!! and i'm excited! :hyper:

the futureheads are opening! it'll be leik waaayyy kewl!!!

so, liek what do you think about THAT? huh? huh?

like what?

huh?

Feel sorry for ya, mate.

awww... well, boo-urns to you, mate! :down:

the show was awesome! steve bays was all over the place. he really plays to the crowd, much like another lead singer who shall remain nameless. and there were times when he was prancing around the stage looking very mick jagger-like. the crowd were totally into it and were dancing and having an awesome time.

the futureheads really impressed me. you could tell they were having a great time on stage and they played such a tight set. they pulled off the four-part vocals flawlessly too. i would totally recommend that if futureheads are in your area that you go see them. well, maybe not you dn90210, but anyone who would enjoy a fun, high-energy show. :up:

lmjhitman said:
awww... well, boo-urns to you, mate! :down:

the show was awesome! steve bays was all over the place. he really plays to the crowd, much like another lead singer who shall remain nameless. and there were times when he was prancing around the stage looking very mick jagger-like. the crowd were totally into it and were dancing and having an awesome time.

the futureheads really impressed me. you could tell they were having a great time on stage and they played such a tight set. they pulled off the four-part vocals flawlessly too. i would totally recommend that if futureheads are in your area that you go see them. well, maybe not you dn90210, but anyone who would enjoy a fun, high-energy show. :up:

Too bad the music was shite.

the new hot hot heat album on the whole is pretty maudlin.

I actually have no idea what that means, but I felt it would make me sound the perfect cross between academic, intelligent, and pretentious which will make people think that while I am an annoying prick, my opinion is somehow more important than that of most other people (which it actually is) and then you will all believe my diagnosis of maudlinity.

That said, Jingle Jangle is a wicked song, but the rest of the tracks are kinda samey.

SkeeK said:
the new hot hot heat album on the whole is pretty maudlin.

That said, Jingle Jangle is a wicked song, but the rest of the tracks are kinda samey.
maud·lin adj. Effusively or tearfully sentimental

not sure if i'd call it maudlin. most of hot hot heat's stuff is pretty upbeat, isn't it?

i like 'ladies and gentleman', but i guess i kinda agree with you SkeeK, in that, 'elevator' might be the weakest of the hot hot heat cd's. i prefer 'make up the breakdown' to the new one, and the 'knock knock knock' EP over them all.

it's ok SkeeK, you academic, pretentious, annoying prick - i still love you :sexywink:

i'm gonna have to listen me to that EP. and yes maudlin turns out to be just about the worst word I could have chosen but at least I didn't say chlamydia.

woops.

Back
Top Bottom