Your fave "I found this band"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Most of us have that one band that "you found" that you share with everyone and try and convert them to fans.

So who's your "I found this band" band?

I don't think I really need to name them, since I manage to get them in damned near every thread anyway. :rolleyes:. :D You all should listen to them. You know you should. And buy all their albums, yeah. And tickets to their live shows. And various and sundry merch stuff also. Buy, buy, buy. Get going now!

...but for newer bands that even fewer people have heard of I have two. Art of Fighting and Gersey.

just one? :wink:

must resist trying to make a list of posters here and what i perceive to be their "i found this band" band :shifty:

i guess mine is probably the ducky boys. but i try to convert everyone to like every band i'm ever psyched about. that's why i do college radio.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Does that mean you listen to college radio, or do you dj?

I djed for my college radio station when I was in college and loved every minute.

dj. i've been doing a show since the spring semester of 2003, and it's the most fun thing ever.

i really should listen to the station regularly, but i almost never do. i hate listening to the radio even when they're playing good music, because i need to know at all times what i'm hearing. if i sit and listen when i'm at the computer, constantly refreshing the internet playlists (if the dj is updating it regularly, i know sometimes i slack off during my show with updating mine) i'll know, but that's like work.

Polysics.

my friend and I have tried spreading the word for nearly two years now about how great they are and they have a pretty big fanbase in Bath thanks to us, I dare say...

and now i expect they'll be pretty big next year because they're supporting Kaiser Chiefs on a UK tour, meaning a ton of hip scenesters who dress in hats and ties because it's ironic will all suddenly go on about how they've discovered this great band when they ignored us all that time ago...:eyebrow:

Fiction Plane

Speaking of which they might merit a thread here!

Last edited:
bayernfc said:
Tangiers and Bedouin Soundclash

To my severely musically-challenged friends, Manic Street Preachers and the Mescaleros

i don't know tangiers. tell me something about them/it.

Jason Harrod- I'm still in the process of letting people know about him.

Manic Street Preachers

or, if anyone is discounting bands that have at some point been popular,

Morning Runner or Pollen

IWasBored said:

i don't know tangiers. tell me something about them/it.

It was their brilliant energetic live show that did it for me. They're Toronto based, one of the better garage/new wave revival bands, but I hate categories so I don't know if that description fits.

3 albums so far:

Hot New Spirits-2003
Never Bring You Pleasure-2004
The Family Myth-2005

I can send you a few of their tracks if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom