your earliest memory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was just looking at some baby pictures and it got me thinking...

What's your earliest memory? How old were you?

Mine is my mom holding me while watching movers move a mattress into our new house, I was about a year old... people tell me that's really young :huh:

I was 2 when we moved so it has to be at age 2 or earlier. It was in the apartment we lived in before my parents bought the house I grew up in. I had an orange stuffed dog, Coco. He had brown ears. My brother used to rip off the ears and my mom would sew them back on. I remember being in our room at the apartment screaming and crying cause he ripped off the ears, again. My mom, grandma, or anyone else who could sew was always sewing those damn ears on.

That poor dog...I still have it somewhere. There's several color thread around the ears from all the times they were sewn back on. My brother always ripped off the ears of all my Snoopy's too. He was a meanie back then but now he's the nicest guy in the whole world.

My literature course is acutally discussing the questions of childhood memories at the moment.

For me, it's either my third birthday or finding our first two cats (one has since died) in a garbage bin.

being in an airplane when i was just over a year old, maybe two or so. i remember only a little of it, but ive described it to my parents, and they said what i described matched what really happened a long long time ago.

3 1/2

The Beatles' debut on the Ed Sullivan show.

I begged my parents all day to let me stay up past my bedtime to watch it.

hmmm.... mine's not a good memory lol

I was in preschool and I was running around the playground and collapsed... my legs didn't work anymore... I couldn't move them or anything for about a week... I had to crawl everywhere. I was REALLY scared... everyone thought I had MS :(

yeah, these are the kind of things my brain remembers...

mine is from preschool too. it was halloween and I was probably 5 or so.. my mom dressed me up as a clown or something and I hated it cuz I thought I looked like a boy :lol:

Oh man... my earliest memory..

I was about 2 or so, and I saw the Queen of England on television for the first time.

I was 2 and remember waking up one night and getting out of bed to look at my brand new baby sister in her pink crib :love:

I was five years old and had to be admitted to the hospital for a bad case of Strep Throat. I remember the nurses telling me that my mom could not come and see me, because of an operation on both of her feet. Low and behold my mom did come to see me walking into the hospital in slippers. :happy:

When I was about 2 or 3 years old, I remember standing in the front hall on my older sister's first day of school. I was begging Mom to let me go to school too, and she said I had to wait until I was older. I didn't want my sister to leave me though. After she left, I stood in the front hall, crying and pounding on the door cuz I wanted to go to school too.

I WANTED to go to school...stupid kid...:laugh:

I think I mostly just wanted to be with my sister. :)

To calm me down, I remember Mom laying a blanket out on the living room floor, getting a bunch of my toys, and watching Sesame Street with me.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is my earliest memory, but I can vividly remember one time when I crawled out of my crib and fell flat on my back on the floor. I scared the crap out of my parents- they came running into the room and were really worried that I had hurt myself. (I was fine, just winded.) I was probably around 2 at the time.

I was about 2 yrs old. I remember sitting in the living room listening to Stevie Wonder on the stereo.

I was dropped and my forehead was split open on the fireplace. I remember a towel and a lot of blood and my neighbor who was a nurse being there. I was like 9 months. Probably explains a lot.
:banghead:

I *think* I remember being in the woumb... but if that's impossible, I think my next oldest memory would be sitting in the high chair and my sister doing "airplane" and feeding me, or maybe the time I was in my brother's bedroom listening to Highway Star and laughing at him as he sang along.

Ahhh, life was so simple then.

My first memory is from when I was about 1 maybe 2. Anyways the memory was at night in a hospital room. I remember turning on my side to see my dad watching tv and eating fritos(he was waiting until I fell asleep so he could go home)

Mine were when I was 2 or 3 yrs old. I don't remember
my biological father anymore (my mom left him when I was
3) but I remember being out side in the front yard
looking through the screen door and seeing
mommy and him at the kitchen table.

Another memory I have is eating oranges with
The neighbor?s little boy and watching some
rock band practice in their garage. My mom
has a picture us too so I know it wasn't like
a dream or something.

my earliest memory. the room is dark. i am in my crib and i want a bottle full of chocolate milk. i am brought white milk instead. i hurl the bottle across the room and watch it come to rest under my toybox. now i have no milk at all. i begin to wail, but mom is gone...i am left alone, pissed off and milkless.

this memory kind of defines my personality for the next thirty years :|

i remember playing with toys in my crib after waking up from a nap, i guess i was probably a year and a half or two years old. i had one of those boards that strapped onto the side of the crib and it had all sorts of things where you'd push the buttons or spin things and it would make noises and change colours and stuff. the best one was the cylinder that had pink and orange stripes and i remember wanting to know where the pink would go when you spun it because the whole thing looked orange when it was moving.

Mine would have been shortly before I turned 3 years old. It was in the house I live now, just outside my bedroom. My parents were thinking of buying this house and I was standing outside my room with my grandmother, my face pressed into the railing, staring down into the basement (literally if you were to fall you would fall into the basement. The stairwells to the first floor and basement are positioned across from each other. This is really hard to explain). Anyway, I remember looking down, smelling in the wood of the new house and thinking"it's a long way down." I've always been a bit afraid of heights.

Another memory I have is around the same time as the first but this memory consists of me looking up at the doctors that were going to operate on me right before I went to sleep. I still to this day have nightmares about that every once in awhile

Back
Top Bottom