Your desktop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonochick said:

3459785%3C8%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3235%3E844%3E%3A%3A5%3EWSNRCG%3D3233447%3B39%3A2%3Anu0mrj

I need to clean up my desktop a bit. :reject:

you're kidding, yours is very cleaned up. my desktop is covered with stuff, i actually have multiple icons on top of each other:wink:

vervex said:
I have a question about the icons... It's a pretty stupid problem but I really need help lol

You see, for example, U2granny's icons have a little shadow under them. I have Windows XP and I can't do that ! I always have to choose a color of background, even for the icons. So I've very limited in the wallpapers I put if I want them to stay clean and not have white or black spots because of the icons everywhere... Usualy, I'm obliged to do my own wallpapers because of that.

Yeah hum... how do I put shadow under my icons with XP ? Makes one year I'm desperate and try to ignore the problem lol

I have XP. I don't do anything special to the icons. Maybe it's the Invader Zim theme.

u2granny said:

I have XP. I don't do anything special to the icons. Maybe it's the Invader Zim theme.

You didn't select anything in your proprieties ? Damn lol I'll stay stuck with the icon background ^^;;

vervex said:
GibsonGirl: Ahaha amazing dogs :p I can't decide weither or not they're cute or weird, maybe both ! But I like the thing on their head lol

They're definitely a little of both! They're still puppies, so their fur isn't quite as long as it will be. They look so sweet with their hair bows. :cute:

mungo.jpg

One day, they'll look like this:

shihtzu_rbeasley.jpg

jt4ayt.jpg

A pic I took of Sunshine and her cousin Kani (an African Boerboel) playing over Thanksgiving. I've had it as my desktop ever since.

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:

So pretty!!! :love: I gotta ask though. Is that Windows? If so, how does one get those funky screens with the tabs at the bottom and the time all big and Events up top? It's fascinating to me and makes me a little jealous, lol.

wenda said:

So pretty!!! :love: I gotta ask though. Is that Windows? If so, how does one get those funky screens with the tabs at the bottom and the time all big and Events up top? It's fascinating to me and makes me a little jealous, lol.

Yeah, that is cool .

not only do I like pictures with huge moons in the background, I like that calander and the other things you have there

what are they?

wenda said:

Calendar & Events List
These are done with a little calendar program called Rainlendar. You can double-click on a day on the calendar and enter whatever is happening on that date, and it will show up in an 'upcoming events' window on your desktop. Very handy and very customizable.

Clock
The big digital clock is from a program called Yahoo! Widget Engine. Basically it runs in the background, and you can download from 1000s of little desktop tools such as clocks, hard drive space monitors, or buttons for radio stations. If you hit F8, a layer appears over your desktop showing all your widgets. Quite useful, but I only use the program for the digital clock.

Oh, but I do use a widget called Wallspose which changes your desktop wallpaper depending on the time of day :eyebrow: :wink:

The tray at the bottom of the screen
This is quite handy. I found the Windows taskbar a bit annoying. Luckily I found this orogram called ObjectDock Plus. It's basically a tray that sits at the bottom of your screen and pops up whenever you mouse over it. I've got my most-used programs in there. If I need access to the rest of my computer, I just hit the Windows key on my keyboard.

ObjectDock can also hide the Windows taskbar completely while it is open, which is what I have done.

Wallpaper
Here's the link to my moon wallpaper http://upload.brandonbatson.com/images/759Post_Meridiem.jpg

Diemen said:
jt4ayt.jpg

A pic I took of Sunshine and her cousin Kani (an African Boerboel) playing over Thanksgiving. I've had it as my desktop ever since.

Lovely. :cute: Boerboels are wonderful dogs, and that's not the South African bias talking. My late uncle used to breed them.

Canadiens1160 said:

Calendar & Events List
These are done with a little calendar program called Rainlendar. You can double-click on a day on the calendar and enter whatever is happening on that date, and it will show up in an 'upcoming events' window on your desktop. Very handy and very customizable.

This is quite handy. I found the Windows taskbar a bit annoying. Luckily I found this orogram called ObjectDock Plus. It's basically a tray that sits at the bottom of your screen and pops up whenever you mouse over it. I've got my most-used programs in there. If I need access to the rest of my computer, I just hit the Windows key on my keyboard.

ObjectDock can also hide the Windows taskbar completely while it is open, which is what I have done.

Wallpaper
Here's the link to my moon wallpaper http://upload.brandonbatson.com/images/759Post_Meridiem.jpg

Thanks! These are really cool! :ohmy: :wave:

GibsonGirl said:

Lovely. :cute: Boerboels are wonderful dogs, and that's not the South African bias talking. My late uncle used to breed them.

Boerboels are definitely very cool dogs. And massive. The most muscular dogs I've ever seen. Kani's still a puppy, so he's a bit of a goofball, but he's a great family dog - patient, loving and protective.

vervex said:

Yeah hum... how do I put shadow under my icons with XP ? Makes one year I'm desperate and try to ignore the problem lol

Try right-clicking on My Computer, go to Advanced tab, Performance settings, Visual Effects, Custom, and check "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop".

I can describe my desktop without a screenshot. Dark gray background with no icons. Gray start menu bar. Ultra-minimalist.

Melon

My infranviewer wouldn't capture all my new-ness to my desktop, so I did it the "EASY" way..........

IMG_1353.jpg

I like datebook things, and clocks, and weather and such. Helps with planning world domination:evil:

That rainlender program is nice for schedueling all the things I'll be doing here at college :hyper:

:hyper:

:drool:

alright, I need to get back to work..........................

Planning is goooooooooooooooooooooodddd....

thanks Canadiens for those links, i totally revamped my desktop.... i prefer yahoo day planner over anything because it stores my to-do and events online, i put my school work tasks, classes on there soo i can access it anywhere via http://calendar.yahoo.com/ .. you can make the tasks, events... private or public so you can have families/friends see your schedule if you wanted.

desktop.jpg

Canadiens1160 said:

Calendar & Events List

Clock
The big digital clock is from a program called Yahoo! Widget Engine. Basically it runs in the background, and you can download from 1000s of little desktop tools such as clocks, hard drive space monitors, or buttons for radio stations. If you hit F8, a layer appears over your desktop showing all your widgets. Quite useful, but I only use the program for the digital clock.

Oh, but I do use a widget called Wallspose which changes your desktop wallpaper depending on the time of day :eyebrow: :wink:

Wallpaper

Nice!! The ObjectDock Plus program, is it downloadable or do you have to pay for it? I'd LOVE to make that a reality for my computer. My task bar really bugs me.

Thanks for the information. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom