Your 2007 concert calendar. - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-19-2007, 06:36 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
I just bought my ticket for Snow Patrol on March 23 here on campus. It was amazing too, because this girl in line let my friend and I and this other girl in front of her, and the three of us ended up buying the very last three tickets for the show. Quite astonishing. I love when stuff like that happens.

So has anyone seen a Snow Patrol show? Are they any good live?
I have. Quite a few years ago when they were supporting Travis in Belfast.

They really sucked
This was when nobody had any clue who they were and most of the crowd stood around talking. My sister's boyfriend and I went together and he hated them but everytime they've been back to Belfast since he's went to see them and loved them. I've no doubt they have definitely improved since then.
__________________

__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,666
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Two new dates to add.

The Decemberists - March 26 (ticks haven't gone on sale yet, but there's no way I'm missing this one)

And THE WHO - March 8th I believe, the exact day could be wrong, but yeah, it's somewhere around then. Even though they're only really The Who 0.5 now, that's still better than no Who at all. Can't wait!
__________________

__________________
Lancemc is online now  
Old 01-19-2007, 10:02 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc
Two new dates to add.

The Decemberists - March 26 (ticks haven't gone on sale yet, but there's no way I'm missing this one)

And THE WHO - March 8th I believe, the exact day could be wrong, but yeah, it's somewhere around then. Even though they're only really The Who 0.5 now, that's still better than no Who at all. Can't wait!

trust me... you are gonna be so floored seeing these guys live..THEY ARE AMAZING !!!!! I saw them right after john ethwistle (the ox) died. They played the hollywood bowl and they blew the roof off..! Then I just saw them at the Virgin Festival back in Sept and they blew the others away.

I am going too on March 8th.. Floor seats again in section 6 like the RHCP just a different row..I forget which one..

Lance ... we seem to be going to the same shows..
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 01-19-2007, 10:43 PM   #79
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,666
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever



trust me... you are gonna be so floored seeing these guys live..THEY ARE AMAZING !!!!! I saw them right after john ethwistle (the ox) died. They played the hollywood bowl and they blew the roof off..! Then I just saw them at the Virgin Festival back in Sept and they blew the others away.

I am going too on March 8th.. Floor seats again in section 6 like the RHCP just a different row..I forget which one..

Lance ... we seem to be going to the same shows..
Haha. I know I'm going to be impressed. They're the fucking Who for God's sake. And I've just been reading up on this current tour a little bit and everyone's been etremely positive about the shows.

I'm thrilled to be going. I've been listening to Endless Wire too, that's really a great album. I can't wait to here those songs live. I hope they continue to close with Tea & Theatre. That track's incredibly moving and seems like the perfect way to close the shows. And the Wire and Glass mini-opera songs are supposedly incredible live.

And the classics too of course. Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley, My Generation, the Tommy tracks...I mean, how cool is it that these legendary rock songs are still being performed full-force by their original writers. That's really just an awesome thought.
__________________
Lancemc is online now  
Old 01-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #80
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 03:06 PM
I was really happy after seeing the Who this time around. I was a little worried and decided to go almost at the last minute, but I loved the show and while it wasn't what it used to be, it was great right now.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 01:15 AM   #81
fah
Blue Crack Addict
 
fah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In my house with the rest of fahs
Posts: 20,147
Local Time: 03:06 PM
I saw the Who last fall and they were great

I heard that the Tragically Hip are opening for them on some of the U.S. dates ~ lucky Americans
__________________
fah is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #82
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 07:06 PM
I don't see it on tickemaster.. but I saw some where that a band called Rose Hill Drive is opening up for The Who..

Here's the link to their website: http://www.rosehilldrive.com/
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Here's a link to them live.. via youtube.. not bad...

http://www.youtube.com/rosehilldriverock
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 01:21 PM   #84
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever
I don't see it on tickemaster.. but I saw some where that a band called Rose Hill Drive is opening up for The Who..

Here's the link to their website: http://www.rosehilldrive.com/
They opened at the Greek (or where ever they played last time). I liked them just fine. I thought they had a thankless job playing to a bunch of aging hippies, but they kept on going.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #85
fah
Blue Crack Addict
 
fah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In my house with the rest of fahs
Posts: 20,147
Local Time: 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha


They opened at the Greek (or where ever they played last time). I liked them just fine. I thought they had a thankless job playing to a bunch of aging hippies, but they kept on going.
Rose Hill Drive opened the Vancouver show too

I heard a local dj talking about the Hip opening some of the U.S. shows
__________________
fah is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 02:51 PM   #86
fah
Blue Crack Addict
 
fah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In my house with the rest of fahs
Posts: 20,147
Local Time: 03:06 PM
I just checked the Tragically Hip's website and they say on the front page that they are touring with the Who...

http://www.thehip.com/
__________________
fah is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #87
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,338
Local Time: 03:06 PM
It looks like they're opening for the Who in Long Beach.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #88
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 12:06 AM
Saw Ray LaMontagne tonight

I was just expecting it to be ok but it was unbelievable.

__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 07:43 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict
 
onebloodonelife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 15,106
Local Time: 06:06 PM
I'm seeing Anti-Flag on St. Patrick's Day in downtown Minneapolis at this recently opened place called Trocaderos.
__________________
onebloodonelife is offline  
Old 01-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fah
I just checked the Tragically Hip's website and they say on the front page that they are touring with the Who...

http://www.thehip.com/

they are probably doing some or most of the west coast shows.. but Rose Hill Drive is doing: the Reno Show (Feb. 23), the Fresno Show (Feb. 25), DC Show (Mar 8), NJ Show (Mar. 9), Uniondale NY (Mar. 11), Tampa Show (Mar. 13).
__________________

__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com