Your 2007 concert calendar.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE!:

The Police-July 3rd
The Flaming Lips - Sept. 9th
Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals-Sept. 3rd
Band of Horses-Nov. 14
Ryan Adams-Sept. 27
Bruce Springsteen-Nov. 2nd

If you're familiar with the Austin City Limits television program, I just won two passes to John Mayer's taping tomorrow afternoon. Add that to the list.

My mom called me up tonight. "If I buy your ticket, will you drive me to see Queen Latifah sing jazz at the Segerstrom Hall?" (She no longer drives at night. Can't see worth a damn.)

So I'm going with my mom to see Queen Latifah on November 13. She'll be singing jazz. :wink:

forgot to mention but we went to see Take That October 15
and it was a great show

best use of video I've ever seen at a concert too

UPDATE!:

The Police-July 3rd
Band of Horses-Nov. 14
Ryan Adams-Sept. 27
Bruce Springsteen-March 16th

just saw bruce two nights ago :love:
it was great and so cute to see all the older folks dancing like teenagers :D including my parents :lol:
one of the highlights was definitely the last song, from the Seeger Sessions
he put the lyrics up on the screen so everyone was singing along and it was just a massive party :heart:

i definitely noticed a huge difference between it and a U2 concert
it seemed like he was more into just having a good time, and the crowd was the same way, just dancing and singing along
at a U2 concert, it's more about "the message" and just seems more "intellectual" if that makes any sense, not that that's a dis to bruce
it also seems like a U2 concert, the song choices are chosen precisely for the "message" and to get a certain feeling across, not that that's a bad thing at all
they seem a little more serious is all

one other thing: i watched this show from nosebleed seats, and looking down at the floor, i realized i wouldn't get down in that massive crush for anyone except U2 :drool:

does this make any sense??? :huh:

UPDATE!:

The Police-July 3rd
Band of Horses-Nov. 14
Ryan Adams-Sept. 27
Bruce Springsteen-March 16th
The Flaming Lips-Dec. 31st <---That's the one I'm most pumped about right now! I'm flying down from Minnesota to Oklahoma City (their hometown) for what will be an absolutely mindblowing show :hyper:

Popmartijn said:
Concerts in the past:
18 February: Roger Waters, MMRDA Grounds, Mumbai (a great show and very nice to see so many Indians in to it)
10 March: The Waterboys, Vredenburg, Utrecht (again an excellent concert, even though it wasn't as good as the one last year. But from the first song on the band was ON!)
25 March: Shakira, MMRDA Grounds, Mumbai ( :combust: although the concert was quite short. Had a great time nonetheless.)
8 June: The Scene, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a bit of a nostalgia fest, but good to see the band back together again)
20 June: Lou Reed, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam (he performed Berlin in its entirety and after 35 years it's still very compelling)
23 June: The Frames, Tivoli, Utrecht (amazing and very intense :bow: )
28 July: Spinvis, De Parade, Utrecht (intimate and quite intrigueing)
11 August: Prince, O2 Arena, London (excellent concert, finally saw him live!)
17 to 19 August: Lowlands Festival, Biddinghuizen (again a good festival, many good performances by Basement Jaxx, Goose, LCD Soundsystem, etc.)

Concerts in the future:
16 October: Crowded House, Carré, Amsterdam
29 November: Zita Swoon, Tivoli, Utrecht

I haven't posted in this thread for a while... :reject:

Concerts in the past:
18 February: Roger Waters, MMRDA Grounds, Mumbai (a great show and very nice to see so many Indians in to it)
10 March: The Waterboys, Vredenburg, Utrecht (again an excellent concert, even though it wasn't as good as the one last year. But from the first song on the band was ON!)
25 March: Shakira, MMRDA Grounds, Mumbai ( :combust: although the concert was quite short. Had a great time nonetheless.)
8 June: The Scene, Paradiso, Amsterdam (a bit of a nostalgia fest, but good to see the band back together again)
20 June: Lou Reed, Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam (he performed Berlin in its entirety and after 35 years it's still very compelling)
17 to 19 August: Lowlands Festival, Biddinghuizen (again a good festival, many good performances by Basement Jaxx, Goose, LCD Soundsystem, etc.)
16 October: Crowded House, Carré, Amsterdam (amazing show, finally saw them live :drool: )
29 November: Zita Swoon, Tivoli, Utrecht (good show, slightly ruined by the girls behind us chatting :angry: )
1 December: Bruce Springsteen, Gelredome, Arnhem (it's Bruce, 'nuff said. Longer review in my journal)

Maybe (don't know yet whether I can make it or not):
16 December: Johan (and some others), Tivoli, Utrecht

As it is near the end of the year, I'll try to list the best concerts I went to. Only problem is, there are so many of them. But the best of the best are probably Lou Reed, The Frames, Prince and Crowded House.

Hopefully 2008 will be just as good!

I just seen Madness in Belfast.. had a brilliant night the nutty boys have still got it:drool:

they're my favourite band around now. saw them in april and they were brilliant. they're playing arenas on this tour though :madspit:

and i've got seated tickets cos my card messed up when i was booking them :mad: :mad:

they'll still be great though :wink:

Popmartijn said:
I haven't posted in this thread for a while... :reject:

Concerts in the past:
16 October: Crowded House, Carré, Amsterdam (amazing show, finally saw them live :drool: )
29 November: Zita Swoon, Tivoli, Utrecht (good show, slightly ruined by the girls behind us chatting :angry: )
1 December: Bruce Springsteen, Gelredome, Arnhem (it's Bruce, 'nuff said. Longer review in my journal)

Maybe (don't know yet whether I can make it or not):
16 December: Johan (and some others), Tivoli, Utrecht

As it is near the end of the year, I'll try to list the best concerts I went to. Only problem is, there are so many of them. But the best of the best are probably Lou Reed, The Frames, Prince and Crowded House.

Hopefully 2008 will be just as good!

Some corrections and updates, as I realised I'd forgotten to list the concerts I saw during my holiday.

Concerts in the past:
2 November: U2 Songbook festival, Gladstone Hotel, Toronto (part of the ITH festivities, some excellent interpretations of U2 songs)
3 November: Elevation, Healeys, Toronto (the U2 tribute band)
5 November: Les Paul & His Trio, Iridium Jazz Club, New York (yes, that Les Paul. The living legend. Some nice jazz)
16 December: Fine Fine Music Festival, De Helling, Utrecht (a nice, small festival. The main act, Johan, played way too short (only 30 minutes, like the other bands) but their acoustic set was great. The rest was charming)

Maybe (again depending on my mood):
22 December: Weekend van het Kippevel festival ('Chicken pox weekend festival'), Ekko, Utrecht

Back
Top Bottom