Your 2006 Concert Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blueeyedgirl said:

I need to read this thread more often!

I agree, Daniel Lanois was magnificent! :yes:

I'm also going to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, in a fullish month of:

Split Enz just the other week, Coldplay next Wed, and You Am I the following week, with Karen O the next night.
:hyper:

Hey Blueeyedgirl!!!

This place is so big, I get lost myself!!

Are you in Melbourne?!?! Maybe I'll see you at the Yeah Yeah Yeahs :laugh: I'm so looking forward to it now (next Tues) .. I'm going with my sister and we've laughing that we have to practice our crazy dancing for it :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Have a great time at all the other shows :wink:

I still day dream about the Daniel Lanois gig .. he's incredible!!

Oooh, and I heard somewhere that the Church may be back in town in October .. so add that one to your/our (at least hopeful!) concert list!!! Yay :love:

So... I am officially moving to Boston in August... which means WAY more shows for me! :hyper:

So far only Snow Patrol on Aug 15th for sure... but Gnarls Barkley, Corinne Bailey Rae, Ben Harper, Ziggy Marley, and Anoushka Shankar in the works. And there was a Flaming Lips rumour... but I can't actually find the date now :hmm: :)

TranceEnding said:

Hey Blueeyedgirl!!!

This place is so big, I get lost myself!!

Are you in Melbourne?!?! Maybe I'll see you at the Yeah Yeah Yeahs :laugh: I'm so looking forward to it now (next Tues) .. I'm going with my sister and we've laughing that we have to practice our crazy dancing for it :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Have a great time at all the other shows :wink:

I still day dream about the Daniel Lanois gig .. he's incredible!!

Oooh, and I heard somewhere that the Church may be back in town in October .. so add that one to your/our (at least hopeful!) concert list!!! Yay :love:

Heya yourself!

No I'm not in Melbourne but in beautiful, sunny Adelaide, where it's actually raining :wink:

Unfortunately a bout of the dreaded lurgies means I will have to miss You Am I and the Yeahs this weekend :scream: Damn I was so looking forward to both!

Still I remember with fondness the Enz and Coldplay, and Daniel Lanois.... 2006 has been a very good year so far! :up:

Seen: Joe Satriani

Waiting For someone else to come to Orlando, no one ever comes here!

Unfortunately a bout of the dreaded lurgies means I will have to miss You Am I and the Yeahs this weekend :scream: Damn I was so looking forward to both!

:sad: :sad: Gawwd, that's such a big shame!! But I hope you'll be much, much better soon :)

Oooh, and I was just wondering .. for the Split Enz concert, was Evermore the support band?? What did you think of them??

blueeyedgirl said:

Ooops, forgot the 'quote' bit. Sorry, been working too hard the last few days :uhoh:

Seeing Bon Jovi tomorrow. I was looking forward to it until I found out that the weather's supposed to be 100F. :|

Hopefully seeing The Who sometime this fall
seeing Aerosmith and Motley Crue 11/23

Taking Back Sunday and Angels and Airwaves then Augustana this month! Hopefully adding a U2 date in Hawaii any day now if they would just make their announcement already!!!!!!!

The Who in October

The best seats are $400 (I could have gotten row 6 on the floor)
I opted for a pair of tickets on the floor ($127, row 27 and a parking pass).

Total cost with all the wonderful ticketmaster extras: $300

Seeing The Churchlings and Rob Dickinson in August. :)

UPDATED FOR THE FALL

Definitely:

8.1- Guster/Ray LaMontagne
8.2- Gordon Lightfoot
8.19- Collective Soul
9.13- The Flaming Lips
9.19- The Raconteurs
9.20- Sufjan Stevens
10.26 Red Hot Chili Peppers

Maybe:

9.21- Calexico
9.22- Tom Petty (w/ The Strokes)
10.14- Eric Clapton

So far...

September:
Bob Geldof

October:
Bruce Springsteen

:D

cruzila said:

The temperature was Brutal!!! The rain was welcomed. It was a great show but it's too bad the lightening cut it short a bit :(

:yes: I think they usually do about 5 songs for the encore. It was cool of them to come out again at all though! I'm sure they were advised against it because of all the lightning. :yikes: That was the only song I would have been upset if I didn't see. :lol:

And yes, the rain was great! It totally woke everyone up. The energy and the crowd got so much better and much more fun when it was raining! :dance:
Where were you sitting?

sami0201 said:

And yes, the rain was great! It totally woke everyone up. The energy and the crowd got so much better and much more fun when it was raining! :dance:
Where were you sitting?

:yes: It was the best party in the rain I've been to in a long while. We had seats on lower level. Had nosebleed seats on Wednesday, but they still rocked the socks off of Giants Stadium! :rockon:

I bought tickets to see the Rolling Stones in November. I wasn't going to go but then I found out that Van Morrison is opening for them.

On a side note I would like to take the time and thank my 81 year old father who phoned me and asked if I was going because he had a pre-sale code for the Stones because he has football tickets....

Thanks Dad :heart:

Back
Top Bottom