Your 2006 Concert Calendar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:
So I scored a 3rd row center ticket to see Beck today.

Except that I know I can't go because I have a business trip. Business trips get cancelled or changed a lot, though, and if not...well, gee, I'm feeling a little sick already *cough cough* and I may be too sick to travel by June. :reject:

And because Madonna is playing in Chicago a couple of days before Radiohead is rumored to be there, and I've all but booked the flight because I'm so convinced I'll get tickets (positive thinking, people, that's all I've got right now), I pulled up an unbelievable seat for Madonna just for the heck of it. It was like 5th row off the floor right by the stage, and I almost bought it until I noticed the price: $350. Is she insane? So much for going to see Madonna once in my life before I die "just for the heck of it." I doubt I'd pay that even if I was rich, just on principle.

Why don't you get one of the cheaper tickets to see Madonna?:|

Will see:

Radiohead, this saturday, first show of their new tour!!!
Bob Dylan
Roger Waters
The Strokes
Franz Ferdinand
Arctic Monkeys

PookaMacP said:

Have tickets for:
Broken Social Scene
Radiohead
:love:

my revised list:

so far:

stars
controller.controller
gorillaz
metric
death cab/franz ferdinand

upcoming shows:

the strokes
wilco

*maybe* bright eyes and feist

clifedge[/i] [b]Why don't you get one of the cheaper tickets to see Madonna?[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hewson said:
The small percentage of cheap Madonna tix sell very quickly, the $350 seats linger on and will until showtime.

I guess I could've tried for a cheaper ticket but I figured a Madonna show is more visual than most shows where I go for the music. Plus I was just put off that the same seats that were $180 for U2 are $350 for Madonna and I just basically lost interest. But in fairness, she does offer more pricing options than I originally thought and in fact I think the lowers that are $95 (the ones on the other side of the arena across from the stage) are a fairer price than U2's. I sat there for one U2 show and hated those seats so much I couldn't believe I paid $180.

Anyway, I currently have no tickets to anything in my possession except for the Beck ticket I won't be able to use. :sad: But aside from Radiohead, I have no burning desire to see anyone who's touring although I'm still hoping the Beck thing will work out, and it would be nice if Wilco scheduled some dates out West but it's not looking good right now.

Have seen:
no concerts so far this year

Have tix for:
Live
Rob Thomas and Jewel
Madonna(maybe)

Working on:
Editors(go on sale monday)
Fiona Apple w/Damien Rice (she's announced the dates but I have no idea when the tickets go on sale)

I hope to go to more concerts this summer.

Have Seen:

U2 (12/10/05) ... well it was December 2005 but close enough.
Coldplay (3/20/06)

I probably won't see anymore shows till fall. Not sure what yet.

I'm definitely going to see Wilco July 16 :hyper:

I'd love to go to Lollapalooza in Chicago and am working to see if I can make that happen. Beyond that, my concert schedule for the rest of the year is up in the air.

Already been to:

Coldplay 3/25/06

Have tix to right now:

Pearl Jam 6/3/06
Radiohead 6/13/06 and 6/14/06
U2 12/9/06 (I hope!)

Kinda wanting to go see Nine Inch Nails, but that would be a last minute pickup (like the Coldplay was).

Seen:
Arctic Monkeys/Oasis

Will be seeing:
Arctic Monkeys
U2 in Hawaii :hyper:
Who knows what else just yet..

Missed:
Richard Ashcroft/Coldplay :grumpy:

have seen:
[HALF OF] Queen + Paul Rodgers

seeing:
Pearl Jam
NIN
Lynyrd Skynyrd
CSNY
Roger Waters

might see:
Govt Mule
Tragically Hip

:wink: :drool:

Haven't seen anybody yet this year.

Seeing and eagerly waiting for:

Depeche Mode, May 20 in Atlantic City

Pearl Jam, May 27 in Camden

Radiohead, June 14 in NYC

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

If I'm lucky:

RHCP :drool:

Zootlesque said:

Seeing and eagerly waiting for:

Depeche Mode, May 20 in Atlantic City

Pearl Jam, May 27 in Camden

Radiohead, June 14 in NYC

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Hey! Those are my next three bands in that order too.

DM, May 21 in Bristow, VA
PJ, May 30 in DC
RH, June 1 in Philly

Weird.

Nice! :lol:

I'm seeing 3 of my favorite bands, 2 of them for the first time, all in a span of about a month! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom