Young or Old ?? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2002, 11:39 AM   #1
War Child

Location: Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devilish grin- *Proud Owner of the word Phistoize*
Local Time: 01:02 PM
Young or Old ??

Alright here's the question. When you date do you normally go for someone that's younger or older than you?? And for those who have a significant other in their lives already is the person that you are with now older or younger than you??? Did your preference change now that you have someone or did it stay the same??
For me I used to always go for guys that were older than me...not that that was the Major rule I had but it just happened to go that way with me. Now that I have a wonderful boyfriend who I plan to one day getting married to things have switched over for me...I'm the one that's older. ok not much older...i'm 2 months and 2 days older than him but that still puts him for the younger one. I tease him about it sometimes like telling him to respect his elders. lmao. ok I'm done!

LATERS EVERYONE!

------------------
Fear Not..For I'll Be Watching You. And I know what you're all thinking. FOR SHAME!!

Old 03-14-2002, 11:50 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 06:02 PM
Right now, Id prob go for a mature guy around 33/35..........with a nice long overcoat on and long hair.......hed be different, and not an asshole like u get easily here in Norn Iron..........

all the young boys were caps and spit right in front of u, chew gum with gobs wide open and are generally cheeky feckers, so def not someone baby or young or whatever.......uh uh.....

Old 03-14-2002, 11:53 AM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I'm 20, and my fiance (drgnwolf1969) will be 33 in April. I had decided that I wanted to find a person that I was truly in tune with and settle down with him and him only...I didn't want a casual relationship...I wanted the real deal. I've come to the conclusion that finding a guy my age who doesn't just want a "good time" is nearly impossible. My family teases me sometimes about him being so much older, but even my parents and friends agree that he treats me damn well.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Old 03-14-2002, 12:00 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick:
I'm 20, and my fiance (drgnwolf1969) will be 33 in April. I had decided that I wanted to find a person that I was truly in tune with and settle down with him and him only...I didn't want a casual relationship...I wanted the real deal. I've come to the conclusion that finding a guy my age who doesn't just want a "good time" is nearly impossible. My family teases me sometimes about him being so much older, but even my parents and friends agree that he treats me damn well.

aww thats cute BC, sorry baby, when u two gettin married again??????

awwwww and if he treats u well and makes u feel like his special lady,, then thats wonderful.......

cause ur a cutey cutey sweetie pie....
Old 03-14-2002, 12:13 PM   #5
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Thanks, maddie.

Well...we both want to finish school before we get married. I'll be finished at the end of the year. John though...well...he can only attend class part time, so he's got another couple years at least to go. Blarg. But we don't want to just have a quick wedding...we want something really nice...so we have to be patient (plus, we don't have any money right now...dammit...*lol*).

*grabs Guiness records book to look up the record for the longest engagement* *lol*

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 03-14-2002).]
Old 03-14-2002, 12:37 PM   #6
The Fly

Location: on the other side of the world where people walk upside down
Local Time: 12:02 PM
Older guys most definitely. Not only are they able to buy me booze, they are much more mature both physically and mentally, and they usually know how to treat a woman right. Younger boys are fun to play with though, but I want an older man to bring experience into the relationship.

------------------
Ever seen an Alice with a stem like that? Come to think of it, did you ever see an Alice??
Old 03-14-2002, 12:43 PM   #7
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:02 AM
i generally go for guys who are one year, three months, and four days older than me.

------------------
sunlight, sunlight fills my room, it's sharp and it's clear but nothing at all like the moon...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth
Old 03-14-2002, 01:19 PM   #8
Refugee

Local Time: 05:02 PM
Definitely older guys. Mind you I have never had a relationship with a younger guy so I suppose I should give them the benefit of the doubt before passing judgement.
I have always found that the guys my age or younger are too immature and are more bothered about what they can get, rather than the important things in a relationship.
Old 03-14-2002, 01:27 PM   #9
you are what you is

my girl is a couple of years younger than I am

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Old 03-14-2002, 01:32 PM   #10
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 10:02 AM
I like WAY older men than me.
Old 03-14-2002, 02:07 PM   #11
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:02 PM
I kinda like older guys too, I've fancied 40-45 year olds lmao (I'm 18) they were just crushes, I didn't tell them or anything..
Old 03-14-2002, 02:09 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I'm 23 and I like 'em between 21 and 23. Allthough my ex is 24
Old 03-14-2002, 02:34 PM   #13
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Also thought I would add that John and I met on the Internet. We talked online for a few months before we even knew each other's ages. That's just how it happened to work out. I always did like older men though, for the most part.

------------------
Old 03-14-2002, 07:22 PM   #14
War Child

Location: Hello, Hello. I'm @ a place called Vertigo...-devilish grin- *Proud Owner of the word Phistoize*
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ana:
Why Not Jem? *pouts*

Ermmm... Then how'bout Edge??
[/QUOT

no no no no no no NO. Sadly enough you have to leave the members of the U2 band out of this...'sides Ali probably knows how to kick any girl's arse for going after her man and Edge...He's Mine!
Old 03-14-2002, 09:12 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:02 AM
I like men who are older than I am. Probably because I can't stand boys my age.

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.